* Myron Bolitar is lounging around on the beach with a beautiful woman, Terese Collins, a CNN newscaster.
* They are uncertain how long they've been there but probably about three weeks.
* They are both there to escape but neither know what the other wants to leave behind.
* A yacht pulls up near their position, a small dingy is thrown out, and Myron's best friend, Win, pulls up in the dingy.
* Win alerts Myron that his business partner, Esperanza, needs his help. Myron is concerned.
* Esperanza is being accused of a murder she didn't commit; a client named Clu Haid, a famous Yankee pitcher.
* Clu, who is a general failure, was one of Myron's first customers who tried to keep him out of trouble.
* Given the drugs and women Clu was involved with doing that was not easy.
* Things were going better for Clu and had...
This section contains 2,204 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)