|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
2. In preparation for the raid, one of the others attempts to give Madrone a _____, but she refuses to take it.
3. Sara has a gathering at the house during which it is revealed that the women are also suffering from ______ policies even though married to rich, white men.
4. The women at the meeting are curious about Madrone's world and ask about the economic and _____ arrangements.
5. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The four sacred things are all elements of the environment and necessary for life. They were even given a voice in council so that the natural world could speak about its own future. Is the natural world included in any decision making in our world? What would change if it were?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the City is referred to as a Utopian society. Define Utopia and then discuss what the possible downsides of a Utopian society might be.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book there is a great deal of time spent on sexuality and sexual expression. What is the author's intention behind this?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)