|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
2. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
3. Once inside San Francisco, Madrone returns home to find the doors of the _____ Dragon House uncharacteristically locked.
4. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
5. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
Short Essay Questions
1. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
2. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
3. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
4. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
5. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
6. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
7. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
8. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
9. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
10. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the challenges that would need to be overcome in creating a multicultural, multilingual community? What holidays would be celebrated?
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of symbols like the bridges to communities like the City?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of monagamy and polygamy. Is there any reason why one form should be privileged over the other?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)