|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
2. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
3. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
4. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
5. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the policies and practices of the South in the book with current policies and practices in the United States.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Madrone heals a patient by going inside them. The disease turns into a metallic monster that she must defeat. Discuss the significance of the monster being made of metal.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the author choose to use bees as the animals of initiation for Madrone? What symbolic power do they carry? If Madrone now has a hive mind - what has she lost?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)