|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
2. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
3. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
4. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
5. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
2. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
3. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
4. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
5. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
6. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
7. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
8. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
9. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
10. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of symbols like the bridges to communities like the City?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the challenges that would need to be overcome in creating a multicultural, multilingual community? What holidays would be celebrated?
Essay Topic 3
Towards the end of the book, the General says to Bird, "Liar. Armies are not defeated by metaphors". What does he mean by this sentence? What is the metaphor that Bird has given to him? Is it possible to defeat an army with a metaphor? Why or why not?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)