|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
2. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
3. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
4. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
5. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
Short Essay Questions
1. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
2. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
3. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
4. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
5. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
6. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
7. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
8. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
9. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
10. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, the City is referred to as a Utopian society. Define Utopia and then discuss what the possible downsides of a Utopian society might be.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Black Dragon Household's values on family. Compare and contrast these values from your own values.
Essay Topic 3
Maya often speaks to the dead, especially when she has just awakened at dawn. If you had the opportunity to speak with the dead, who would you speak with? What would you say or ask?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)