|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
2. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
3. Maya tells the assembled people about her visitation from the prophet ______ who gives her advice about how to handle the Stewards.
4. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
5. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
2. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
3. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
4. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
5. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
6. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
7. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
8. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
9. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
10. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of monagamy and polygamy. Is there any reason why one form should be privileged over the other?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the shared values and experiences that allow Madrone to unite the women from the South and the women from the North?
Essay Topic 3
What types of indigenous healing practices are still around? Are they effective? Are plants able to communicate with us to tell us their properties? Why or why not?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)