Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
2. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
3. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
5. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
Essay Topic 1
Maya often speaks to the dead, especially when she has just awakened at dawn. If you had the opportunity to speak with the dead, who would you speak with? What would you say or ask?
Essay Topic 2
Towards the end of the book, the General says to Bird, "Liar. Armies are not defeated by metaphors". What does he mean by this sentence? What is the metaphor that Bird has given to him? Is it possible to defeat an army with a metaphor? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Madrone is set up as the heroine of the story, a departure from the usual format in which their is a masculine hero. Describe the differences between masculine acts of heroism and feminine acts of heroism. Is one kind of heroism more important than another?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)