|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
2. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
3. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
4. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
5. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
2. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
3. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
4. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
5. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
6. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
7. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
8. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
9. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
10. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book there is a great deal of time spent on sexuality and sexual expression. What is the author's intention behind this?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of monagamy and polygamy. Is there any reason why one form should be privileged over the other?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of symbols like the bridges to communities like the City?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)