|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
2. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
3. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
4. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
5. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
2. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
3. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
4. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
5. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
6. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
7. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
8. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
9. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
10. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Black Dragon Household's values on family. Compare and contrast these values from your own values.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the City is referred to as a Utopian society. Define Utopia and then discuss what the possible downsides of a Utopian society might be.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book there is a great deal of time spent on sexuality and sexual expression. What is the author's intention behind this?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)