|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
3. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
4. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
5. The city eventually comes to consensus and decides to use ______ methods to defend the city and deal with the Stewards.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
2. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
3. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
4. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
5. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
6. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
7. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
8. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
9. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
10. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The four sacred things are all elements of the environment and necessary for life. They were even given a voice in council so that the natural world could speak about its own future. Is the natural world included in any decision making in our world? What would change if it were?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Black Dragon Household's values on family. Compare and contrast these values from your own values.
Essay Topic 3
Madrone is set up as the heroine of the story, a departure from the usual format in which their is a masculine hero. Describe the differences between masculine acts of heroism and feminine acts of heroism. Is one kind of heroism more important than another?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)