|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
2. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
3. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
4. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
5. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
Short Essay Questions
1. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
2. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
3. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
4. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
5. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
6. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
7. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
8. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
9. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
10. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would happen if the United States tried to use nonviolence as a way to deal with international crises?
Essay Topic 2
Madrone is set up as the heroine of the story, a departure from the usual format in which their is a masculine hero. Describe the differences between masculine acts of heroism and feminine acts of heroism. Is one kind of heroism more important than another?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the fifth sacred thing love? What are some other possibilities for the fifth sacred thing and why would you choose them?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)