|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
2. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
3. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
4. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
5. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
2. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
3. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
4. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
5. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
6. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
7. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
8. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
9. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
10. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would happen if the United States tried to use nonviolence as a way to deal with international crises?
Essay Topic 2
Madrone pulls on several pantheons of gods and goddesses in order to heal people and perform magic. Discuss the positives and negatives of polytheism and monotheism.
Essay Topic 3
What types of indigenous healing practices are still around? Are they effective? Are plants able to communicate with us to tell us their properties? Why or why not?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)