|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
2. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
3. The Monsters ask Littlejohn and Bird to participate in a ______ ritual, and then to stay and recover from their travels.
4. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
5. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
Short Essay Questions
1. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
2. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
3. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
4. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
5. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
6. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
7. What does Lily Fong of the defense council ask Madrone during the council meeting?
8. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
9. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
10. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Madrone pulls on several pantheons of gods and goddesses in order to heal people and perform magic. Discuss the positives and negatives of polytheism and monotheism.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of monagamy and polygamy. Is there any reason why one form should be privileged over the other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the policies and practices of the South in the book with current policies and practices in the United States.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)