|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Stewards govern by issuing _______ to those underneath them in the hierarchy, who are expected to comply without question.
2. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
3. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
4. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
5. Throughout the book, Starhawk confronts rigid heterosexual expectations around relationship including _______
Short Essay Questions
1. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
2. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
3. What are some of the negative effects of the raid on the nuclear reactor that Bird experienced at the time of the raid?
4. Madrone goes into a trance to heal a patient and realizes that the disease might be too powerful. When she is done what happens to Madrone?
5. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
6. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
7. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
8. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
9. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
10. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If the city that you lived in and the school that you went to were suddenly to convert to consensus process what would change for you? Would the process work?
Essay Topic 2
How would the book change if it were written from the perspective of a heterosexual male member of the City?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Black Dragon Household's values on family. Compare and contrast these values from your own values.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)