|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
2. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
3. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
4. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
5. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
Short Essay Questions
1. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
2. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
3. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
4. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
5. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
6. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
7. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
8. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
9. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
10. What are the different naturally occurring elements that represent the Four sacred things.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would happen if the United States tried to use nonviolence as a way to deal with international crises?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the policies and practices of the South in the book with current policies and practices in the United States.
Essay Topic 3
If the city that you lived in and the school that you went to were suddenly to convert to consensus process what would change for you? Would the process work?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)