|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
2. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
3. Maya's romantic involvements are described in the first chapter, and she is openly ______, which is accepted in the culture of the City.
4. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
5. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
2. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
3. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
4. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
5. What is Bird's condition when he awakens at the beginning of chapter two and who is with him?
6. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
7. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
8. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
9. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
10. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of monagamy and polygamy. Is there any reason why one form should be privileged over the other?
Essay Topic 2
Maya often speaks to the dead, especially when she has just awakened at dawn. If you had the opportunity to speak with the dead, who would you speak with? What would you say or ask?
Essay Topic 3
What would happen if the United States tried to use nonviolence as a way to deal with international crises?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)