Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story is told from the perspective of three members of the _______ Dragon House.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
4. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
5. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
2. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
3. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
4. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
5. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
6. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
7. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
8. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
9. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
10. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
Essay Topic 1
What would happen if the United States tried to use nonviolence as a way to deal with international crises?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Black Dragon Household's values on family. Compare and contrast these values from your own values.
Essay Topic 3
Madrone pulls on several pantheons of gods and goddesses in order to heal people and perform magic. Discuss the positives and negatives of polytheism and monotheism.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)