|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
2. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
3. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
4. Three others return to the house in chapter nine including ______ named partly after an animal.
5. In the South, the policies are blatantly racist and forbid any form of cultural blending including speaking ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. The members of the Black Dragon household construct altars to their deceased loved ones as a celebration of what holiday.
2. Madrone goes into a trance to heal a patient and realizes that the disease might be too powerful. When she is done what happens to Madrone?
3. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
4. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
5. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
6. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
7. What are some of the negative effects of the raid on the nuclear reactor that Bird experienced at the time of the raid?
8. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
9. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
10. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the challenges that would need to be overcome in creating a multicultural, multilingual community? What holidays would be celebrated?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the author choose to use bees as the animals of initiation for Madrone? What symbolic power do they carry? If Madrone now has a hive mind - what has she lost?
Essay Topic 3
What would happen if the United States tried to use nonviolence as a way to deal with international crises?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)