|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
2. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
3. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
4. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
5. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
2. What information does the defense council want from Madrone, Bird, and Maya?
3. The members of the Black Dragon household construct altars to their deceased loved ones as a celebration of what holiday.
4. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
5. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
6. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
7. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
8. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
9. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
10. What are some of the negative effects of the raid on the nuclear reactor that Bird experienced at the time of the raid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did the author choose to use bees as the animals of initiation for Madrone? What symbolic power do they carry? If Madrone now has a hive mind - what has she lost?
Essay Topic 2
Madrone pulls on several pantheons of gods and goddesses in order to heal people and perform magic. Discuss the positives and negatives of polytheism and monotheism.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of symbols like the bridges to communities like the City?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)