|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
2. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
3. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
4. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
5. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(d) Festive lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
2. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
3. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
4. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
5. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
2. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
3. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
4. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
5. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
6. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
7. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
8. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
9. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
10. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)