|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
2. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
3. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
4. In Chapter 20 the residents try out the agreed upon plan for dealing with the Steward soldiers and Maya and _____ have started sleeping together.
5. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
2. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
3. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
4. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
5. The removal of women from the professions result in the population's dependency on the Corporation's ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
2. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
3. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
4. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
5. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
6. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
7. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
8. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
9. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
10. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)