|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
2. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
(b) Health care.
3. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(a) Yom Kippur.
4. When the authorities leave, Madrone has to explain herself to _____ the wife of the owner of the house.
(c) Mary Ellen.
5. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
2. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
3. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
4. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
5. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
2. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
3. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
4. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
5. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
6. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
7. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
8. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
9. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
10. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)