|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
2. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
3. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Female slavery.
(b) Vocational slavery.
(c) Sexual slavery.
(d) Male slavery.
4. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
5. In order to recover, Madrone asked to be taken to a _______ that is about a half day's hike outside of the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
2. Once inside San Francisco, Madrone returns home to find the doors of the _____ Dragon House uncharacteristically locked.
3. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
4. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
5. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
2. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
3. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
4. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
5. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
6. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
7. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
8. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
9. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
10. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)