|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
2. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
3. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
4. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
5. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
(a) Only a few guilds
(b) The entire population.
(c) Only a few families.
(d) Only the the Defense Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
2. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
3. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
4. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
5. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
2. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
3. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
4. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
5. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
6. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
7. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
8. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
9. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
10. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)