|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
2. The removal of women from the professions result in the population's dependency on the Corporation's ______.
(a) Governmental structures.
(b) Food donations.
(c) Work grants.
3. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
4. Madrone uses her _____ skills to ascertain which drugs will be the most helpful for her and the community.
5. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
2. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
3. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
4. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
5. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
2. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
3. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
4. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
5. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
6. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
7. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
8. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
9. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
10. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)