|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
(b) Non-violent resistance.
(c) Passive aggression.
2. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
3. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
4. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(d) Mary Ellen.
5. Madrone helps to heal ______ partially to help him dope with the anguish of the murders that he has committed.
(c) The general.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
2. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
3. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
4. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
2. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
3. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
4. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
5. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
6. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
7. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
8. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
9. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
10. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)