|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
(a) A cut on her foot.
(b) An illegal abortion.
(c) High on heroin.
(d) In a car accident.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
3. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(b) Mary Ellen.
4. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
5. In the ______ controlled area that Sara and Mary Ellen live in, women are forbidden from having non-traditional feminine occupations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
2. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
3. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
4. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
5. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
2. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
3. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
4. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
5. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
6. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
7. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
8. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
9. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
10. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)