|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(b) Yom Kippur.
2. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
3. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
4. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Common cold.
(b) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(c) Form of cancer.
(d) Fungal infection.
5. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
2. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
3. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
4. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
5. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
2. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
3. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
4. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
5. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
6. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
7. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
8. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
9. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
10. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)