|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
2. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
3. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
4. The women at the meeting are curious about Madrone's world and ask about the economic and _____ arrangements.
5. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
2. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
3. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
4. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
5. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
2. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
3. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
4. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
5. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
6. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
7. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
8. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
9. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
10. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)