|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Female slavery.
(b) Sexual slavery.
(c) Male slavery.
(d) Vocational slavery.
2. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
3. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
4. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
5. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
(a) Use non-violence.
(b) Destroy the docks.
(c) Use military action.
(d) Destroy the bridges.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
2. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
3. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
4. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
5. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
2. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
3. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
4. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
5. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
6. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
7. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
8. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
9. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
10. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)