|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
2. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
3. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(a) Passive aggressive.
4. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
5. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
Short Answer Questions
1. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
2. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
3. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
4. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
5. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
Short Essay Questions
1. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
2. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
3. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
4. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
5. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
6. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
7. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
8. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
9. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
10. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)