|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
2. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
3. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
4. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(b) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(c) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(d) Dammed the river.
5. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
2. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
3. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
4. When the authorities leave, Madrone has to explain herself to _____ the wife of the owner of the house.
5. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
2. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
3. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
4. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
5. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
6. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
7. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
8. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
9. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
10. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)