|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
2. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
3. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
4. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
5. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
(b) Lab Equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
2. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
3. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
4. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
5. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
2. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
3. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
4. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
5. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
6. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
7. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
8. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
9. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
10. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)