|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(b) Passive aggressive.
2. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
3. Maya tells the assembled people about her visitation from the prophet ______ who gives her advice about how to handle the Stewards.
4. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
5. In order to recover, Madrone asked to be taken to a _______ that is about a half day's hike outside of the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
2. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
3. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
4. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
5. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
2. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
3. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
4. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
5. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
6. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
7. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
8. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
9. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
10. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)