|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
2. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
3. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
4. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(c) Mary Ellen.
5. In the ______ controlled area that Sara and Mary Ellen live in, women are forbidden from having non-traditional feminine occupations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone uses her _____ skills to ascertain which drugs will be the most helpful for her and the community.
2. The General learns that each household in the City has its own _____ and is thus able to go without the water rations.
3. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
4. Maya tells the assembled people about her visitation from the prophet ______ who gives her advice about how to handle the Stewards.
5. When the authorities leave, Madrone has to explain herself to _____ the wife of the owner of the house.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
2. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
3. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
4. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
5. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
6. As part of the resistance effort against the invaders, the dam is blown up by the water council. What is the response of the invading forces?
7. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
8. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
9. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
10. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)