|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
2. In Chapter 20 the residents try out the agreed upon plan for dealing with the Steward soldiers and Maya and _____ have started sleeping together.
3. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(c) Yom Kippur.
4. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
(c) Majority rule.
(d) Group think.
5. In the ______ controlled area that Sara and Mary Ellen live in, women are forbidden from having non-traditional feminine occupations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
2. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
3. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
4. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
5. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
2. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
3. How is Maya guided to deal with the threat in her vision of Elijah?
4. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
5. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
6. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
7. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
8. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
9. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
10. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)