|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(b) Mary Ellen.
2. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
(a) Passive Aggression.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
4. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
5. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
2. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
3. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
4. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
5. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges does Madrone face in helping Ohnine to heal?
2. After Ohnine is healed by Madrone she gives him a name during their communion together. What is the name that she gives him and why is it significant?
3. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
4. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
5. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
6. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
7. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
8. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
9. Madrone met Beth at the women's meeting at Sara's house. Why does Beth contact Madrone and summon her to help heal someone?
10. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)