|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once inside San Francisco, Madrone returns home to find the doors of the _____ Dragon House uncharacteristically locked.
2. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
3. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
4. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
5. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
(a) The entire population.
(b) Only the the Defense Council.
(c) Only a few guilds
(d) Only a few families.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
2. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
3. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
4. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
5. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
Short Essay Questions
1. On the trip to the South what does Isis tell Madrone about her background?
2. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
3. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
4. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
5. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
6. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
7. What does the occasion of the Jewish holiday of Passover commemorate?
8. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
9. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
10. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)