|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
2. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
3. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
4. In order to recover, Madrone asked to be taken to a _______ that is about a half day's hike outside of the camp.
5. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Dammed the river.
(b) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(c) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(d) Destroyed the aquaducts.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
2. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
3. Madrone helps to heal ______ partially to help him dope with the anguish of the murders that he has committed.
4. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
5. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first destination of Madrone's journey to the South and who does she meet?
2. Why is Bird again tortured by the General?
3. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
4. When Madrone is in the pharmacy, what methods does she use to find the drugs she wants? What drugs does she focus on?
5. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
6. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
7. What methods do the opponents of non-violent resistance wish to use to defend the city?
8. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
9. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
10. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)