|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other faction within the regime is called _______ and represents the religious wing.
(a) The Millenialists.
(b) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(c) The Stewards.
(d) The Sacred.
2. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
3. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
4. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
5. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
Short Answer Questions
1. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
2. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
3. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
4. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
5. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
Short Essay Questions
1. Madrone goes into a trance to heal a patient and realizes that the disease might be too powerful. When she is done what happens to Madrone?
2. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
3. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
4. What are the different naturally occurring elements that represent the Four sacred things.
5. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
6. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
7. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
8. When Madrone gets to Angel city, why is she shocked when she meets the Avenging Angels, a group of genetically engineered teens.
9. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
10. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)