|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
2. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(c) Quitting the healing business.
3. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
4. In this chapter, Madrone is distraught over the recent death of her lover, ______, who died from the disease that threatens the City.
5. Three others return to the house in chapter nine including ______ named partly after an animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
2. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
3. _____ is the name of the prisoner that was beaten close to death. Bird was able to help with his pain somewhat.
4. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
5. The story is told through flashback and reveals that the City was invaded by the _______armies.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
2. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
3. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
4. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
5. The members of the Black Dragon household construct altars to their deceased loved ones as a celebration of what holiday.
6. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
7. What does Lily Fong of the defense council ask Madrone during the council meeting?
8. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
9. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
10. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)