|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
2. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
3. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
(a) San Francisco.
(c) a Hotel.
4. _____ is the name of the prisoner that was beaten close to death. Bird was able to help with his pain somewhat.
5. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Three others return to the house in chapter nine including ______ named partly after an animal.
2. In this chapter, Madrone is distraught over the recent death of her lover, ______, who died from the disease that threatens the City.
3. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
4. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
5. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bird's condition when he awakens at the beginning of chapter two and who is with him?
2. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
3. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
4. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
5. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
6. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
7. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
8. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
9. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
10. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)