|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. The voice of the South represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Coyote.
4. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
5. The Voices participate in the discussions of the council, ______ representatives of the Four Sacred Things.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
2. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
3. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
4. Bird awakens confused and disoriented, and finds himself in bed with a young man named ______.
5. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process through which decisions are reached in the city? Who is allowed to participate in the decision making process?
2. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
3. What are some of the negative effects of the raid on the nuclear reactor that Bird experienced at the time of the raid?
4. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
5. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
6. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
7. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
8. Madrone goes into a trance to heal a patient and realizes that the disease might be too powerful. When she is done what happens to Madrone?
9. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
10. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)