|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
2. Bird awakens confused and disoriented, and finds himself in bed with a young man named ______.
3. When Madrone emerges from the trance, her patient's _______ is gone but she collapses from exhaustion.
(b) Stomach Pain.
4. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
5. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. The Monsters ask Littlejohn and Bird to participate in a ______ ritual, and then to stay and recover from their travels.
4. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
5. Three others return to the house in chapter nine including ______ named partly after an animal.
Short Essay Questions
1. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
2. When Bird returns to the city, he and Madrone re-kindle a relationship. What is the nature of their relationship?
3. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
4. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
5. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
6. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
7. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
8. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
9. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
10. As Maya climbs the hill in the opening chapter, how does she describe the changes that have taken place in the City?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)