|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
2. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
3. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
4. In this chapter, Madrone is distraught over the recent death of her lover, ______, who died from the disease that threatens the City.
5. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
(a) Sun shower.
(b) Rain storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
2. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
3. The Stewards manage power through structured _______ that outline who has power over whom.
4. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
5. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
2. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
3. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
4. What are the different naturally occurring elements that represent the Four sacred things.
5. What is Bird's condition when he awakens at the beginning of chapter two and who is with him?
6. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
7. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
8. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
9. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
10. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)