|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
2. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
3. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(b) Angel City.
(c) The City.
(d) South City.
4. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
5. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
2. Although exhausted, Madrone joins Maya on the trek to the shrine of the ______ Sacred things.
3. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
4. Maya's former lovers include all of the following except _______, and are her most frequent spirit visitors.
5. The story is told from the perspective of three members of the _______ Dragon House.
Short Essay Questions
1. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
2. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
3. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
4. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
5. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
6. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
7. The members of the Black Dragon household construct altars to their deceased loved ones as a celebration of what holiday.
8. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
9. As Maya climbs the hill in the opening chapter, how does she describe the changes that have taken place in the City?
10. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)