|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
(a) Red Dragon House.
(b) The South.
(c) Black Dragon House.
(d) The City.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. _______ returns to the hills where he is a leader among the rebels and at the end of chapter four splits from the others.
4. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
(c) Double vision.
5. Contrary to the religious blending and tolerance in the North, only ______ beliefs are allowed in the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
2. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
3. In this chapter, Madrone is distraught over the recent death of her lover, ______, who died from the disease that threatens the City.
4. The Council of the City govern through the process of _______ in which all interested parties are allowed a say.
5. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
Short Essay Questions
1. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
2. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
3. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
4. What does Lily Fong of the defense council ask Madrone during the council meeting?
5. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
6. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
7. What information does the defense council want from Madrone, Bird, and Maya?
8. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
9. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
10. As Maya climbs the hill in the opening chapter, how does she describe the changes that have taken place in the City?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)