|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya's romantic involvements are described in the first chapter, and she is openly ______, which is accepted in the culture of the City.
2. The Council of the City govern through the process of _______ in which all interested parties are allowed a say.
3. The Stewards govern by issuing _______ to those underneath them in the hierarchy, who are expected to comply without question.
4. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
5. The voice of the South represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Coyote.
Short Answer Questions
1. The three work for the _____ council and their work has them sampling water in the surrounding regions.
2. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
3. Although exhausted, Madrone joins Maya on the trek to the shrine of the ______ Sacred things.
4. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
5. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
2. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
3. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
4. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
5. What does Lily Fong of the defense council ask Madrone during the council meeting?
6. What is Bird's condition when he awakens at the beginning of chapter two and who is with him?
7. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
8. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
9. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
10. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)