|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(b) Terminal Island.
(d) Final Resting Place.
2. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(b) Angel City.
(c) South City.
(d) The City.
3. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
4. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(a) Quitting the healing business.
5. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the South, the policies are blatantly racist and forbid any form of cultural blending including speaking ______.
2. Lily Fong is a member of the ______ council and believes that the disease currently killing people is a biological weapon.
3. Although exhausted, Madrone joins Maya on the trek to the shrine of the ______ Sacred things.
4. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
5. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process through which decisions are reached in the city? Who is allowed to participate in the decision making process?
2. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
3. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
4. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
5. What is Bird's condition when he awakens at the beginning of chapter two and who is with him?
6. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
7. What happens when the members of the council are unable to abide by the final decision?
8. What is the threat that is facing the City that causes a Council to be held?
9. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
10. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)