|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
2. The Monsters ask Littlejohn and Bird to participate in a ______ ritual, and then to stay and recover from their travels.
(c) New moon.
(d) Full moon.
3. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
4. _______ returns to the hills where he is a leader among the rebels and at the end of chapter four splits from the others.
5. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
2. The three work for the _____ council and their work has them sampling water in the surrounding regions.
3. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
4. The other two that return to the house in Chapter 9 are _____ and Nita. The return of the three eases tensions between Madrone and Bird.
5. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
2. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
3. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
4. When Bird returns to the city, he and Madrone re-kindle a relationship. What is the nature of their relationship?
5. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
6. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
7. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
8. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
9. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
10. What is the process through which decisions are reached in the city? Who is allowed to participate in the decision making process?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)