|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the book, Starhawk explores all of the following themes except ______ that she has explored in her other writings.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
(a) Red Dragon House.
(b) Black Dragon House.
(c) The South.
(d) The City.
4. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
5. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
(b) National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ returns to the hills where he is a leader among the rebels and at the end of chapter four splits from the others.
2. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
3. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
4. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
5. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
2. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
3. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
4. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
5. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
6. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
7. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
8. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
9. What are the different naturally occurring elements that represent the Four sacred things.
10. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)