|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
(d) San Francisco.
2. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(a) Business partnership.
(b) Sexual relationship.
3. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
4. The voice of the South represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Coyote.
5. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
(a) The Millenialists.
(b) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(c) The Stewards.
(d) The Sacred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the book, Starhawk confronts rigid heterosexual expectations around relationship including _______
2. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
3. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
4. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
5. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the negative effects of the raid on the nuclear reactor that Bird experienced at the time of the raid?
2. What is Bird's condition when he awakens at the beginning of chapter two and who is with him?
3. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
4. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
5. As Maya climbs the hill in the opening chapter, how does she describe the changes that have taken place in the City?
6. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
7. What is the process through which decisions are reached in the city? Who is allowed to participate in the decision making process?
8. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
9. Madrone goes into a trance to heal a patient and realizes that the disease might be too powerful. When she is done what happens to Madrone?
10. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)