|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story is told from the perspective of three members of the _______ Dragon House.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
(a) Black Dragon House.
(b) The South.
(c) Red Dragon House.
(d) The City.
4. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Laguna Beach.
(d) San Diego.
5. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
2. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
3. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
4. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
5. Three others return to the house in chapter nine including ______ named partly after an animal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madrone eat in order to discover how to heal some of the people in the Monsters camp?
2. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
3. What does Bird suggest as a way to present certain people as leaders to the other side?
4. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
5. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
6. When Madrone arrives at the rebels camp she discovers that someone is very sick . Who is sick and why is he difficult to heal?
7. Why does Madrone pretend to be one of the servants at Sara's house?
8. Why does the General order one of his troops to deal with the crowd by shooting the children?
9. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
10. At the women's meeting in Sara's house, what aspects of the North are the women curious about?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)