|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Korean War.
(d) Gulf War.
2. Within the book, Starhawk explores all of the following themes except ______ that she has explored in her other writings.
3. At the council meeting, Madrone is asked a question by one of the members of _______.
(a) Las Cuatras Viejas.
(b) The South.
(c) Black Dragon house.
(d) Angel City.
4. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
5. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
2. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
3. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
4. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
5. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
Short Essay Questions
1. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
2. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
3. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
4. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
5. What is Bird's condition when he awakens at the beginning of chapter two and who is with him?
6. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
7. What begins to return to Bird as he continues to recover memories in jail?
8. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
9. What does Lily Fong of the defense council ask Madrone during the council meeting?
10. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)