|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
(a) The Millenialists.
(b) The Sacred.
(c) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(d) The Stewards.
2. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
3. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
4. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
5. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
2. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
3. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
4. One of the losses that Bird suffered as a result of his activism is that his hands are broken and he can no longer play ______.
5. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Madrone dismayed by the choice of drugs that the rebels plan to get from the raid on the pharmacy?
2. Why are Sara and Mary Ellen shocked to discover that Madrone is a doctor?
3. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
4. Why is is difficult for Bird to resist killing his grandmother with the rifle that the General has given to him?
5. What aspects of the City is Isis the most interested in while she is taking Madrone to her new mission in the South?
6. Why is Bird's unit struggling with Ohnine's breakdown?
7. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
8. Who is particularly vocal about the downsides of nonviolent resistance and is a member of the water council.
9. What information does the defense council want from Madrone, Bird, and Maya?
10. What sentence do the leaders and citizens of the City continue to repeat to the leaders of the invasion? What is the reaction of the commander?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)