|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
2. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
3. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
4. Maya's former lovers include all of the following except _______, and are her most frequent spirit visitors.
(d) Madrone's grandmother.
5. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(a) Business partnership.
(c) Sexual relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
2. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
3. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
4. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
5. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
2. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
3. What are the author's opinions on sexuality, including homosexuality, bisexuality, and polyamory/polygamy?
4. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
5. What does Lily Fong of the defense council ask Madrone during the council meeting?
6. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
7. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
8. What is the process through which decisions are reached in the city? Who is allowed to participate in the decision making process?
9. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
10. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)