|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
2. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
3. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(b) Quitting the healing business.
4. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
5. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
(a) The City.
(b) San Diego.
(c) The West.
(d) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
2. Lily Fong is a member of the ______ council and believes that the disease currently killing people is a biological weapon.
3. Maya's former lovers include all of the following except _______, and are her most frequent spirit visitors.
4. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
5. In this chapter, Madrone is distraught over the recent death of her lover, ______, who died from the disease that threatens the City.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
2. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
3. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
4. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
5. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
6. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
7. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
8. When Bird returns to the city, he and Madrone re-kindle a relationship. What is the nature of their relationship?
9. What are some of the negative effects of the raid on the nuclear reactor that Bird experienced at the time of the raid?
10. Madrone goes into a trance to heal a patient and realizes that the disease might be too powerful. When she is done what happens to Madrone?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)