|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
(b) The dead.
2. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(c) Business partnership.
(d) Sexual relationship.
3. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
4. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
5. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
2. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
3. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
4. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
5. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
Short Essay Questions
1. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
2. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
3. When Bird returns to the city, he and Madrone re-kindle a relationship. What is the nature of their relationship?
4. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
5. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
6. What is the process through which decisions are reached in the city? Who is allowed to participate in the decision making process?
7. What is Lily's response to Bird's confession of guilt about what he may have revealed to the enemy during his torture?
8. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
9. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
10. As Maya climbs the hill in the opening chapter, how does she describe the changes that have taken place in the City?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)