|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
2. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
3. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(b) The City.
(c) South City.
(d) Angel City.
4. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
5. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) World War I.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Korean War.
(d) Gulf War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
2. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
3. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
4. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
5. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
2. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
3. What are the names given to the two different branches of the governmental structures of Southern California?
4. What information does the defense council want from Madrone, Bird, and Maya?
5. As a result of the raid, Bird broke both of his hands and is therefore no longer able to play what instrument?
6. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
7. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
8. What religious beliefs and or cultural practices are considered to be okay to practice in the South?
9. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
10. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)