|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
2. Contrary to the religious blending and tolerance in the North, only ______ beliefs are allowed in the South.
3. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
4. When Madrone emerges from the trance, her patient's _______ is gone but she collapses from exhaustion.
(d) Stomach Pain.
5. The three work for the _____ council and their work has them sampling water in the surrounding regions.
(c) Streams and Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
2. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
3. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
4. In the South, the policies are blatantly racist and forbid any form of cultural blending including speaking ______.
5. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
2. What does Bird do that causes friction in his relationship with Madrone?
3. What information does the defense council want from Madrone, Bird, and Maya?
4. The members of the Black Dragon household construct altars to their deceased loved ones as a celebration of what holiday.
5. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
6. What is the process through which decisions are reached in the city? Who is allowed to participate in the decision making process?
7. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
8. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
9. When Bird returns to the city, he and Madrone re-kindle a relationship. What is the nature of their relationship?
10. What are the different naturally occurring elements that represent the Four sacred things.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)