|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although exhausted, Madrone joins Maya on the trek to the shrine of the ______ Sacred things.
2. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
3. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
(a) Talking in his sleep.
(b) Sexual escapades.
(d) Drunken revelries.
4. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
5. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
(a) The City.
(b) Red Dragon House.
(c) Black Dragon House.
(d) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
2. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
3. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
4. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
5. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bird returns to the city, he and Madrone re-kindle a relationship. What is the nature of their relationship?
2. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
3. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
4. Why is the subject of the monsters and the nuclear reactor that caused the mutations difficult for Bird to deal with?
5. What are the different naturally occurring elements that represent the Four sacred things.
6. As a part of the Voices, there are four animals that represent each of the sacred things at the council. What are the four animals.
7. Why do the residents of Toxic territory refer to themselves as monsters?
8. What information does the defense council want from Madrone, Bird, and Maya?
9. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
10. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)