|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
2. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
(a) The South.
(b) Angel City.
3. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(a) Business partnership.
(c) Sexual relationship.
4. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
5. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(a) South City.
(b) Angel City.
(c) The City.
Short Answer Questions
1. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
2. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
3. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
4. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
5. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
Short Essay Questions
1. To what group or division does Madrone represent when she goes to the Council?
2. After breaking through some of his amnesia, Bird begins to remember some of the details of his capture. What happened between him and the guards after his capture?
3. What is the name of the new prisoner that is brought into the cell when Littlejohn and Bird are there and what does Bird do to him?
4. What does Bird do in order to dispel his confusion and try to get his bearings of the situation?
5. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
6. As Maya climbs the hill in the opening chapter, how does she describe the changes that have taken place in the City?
7. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
8. What work have Holybear, Sage, and Nita been doing for the Toxics council?
9. What are the different naturally occurring elements that represent the Four sacred things.
10. Maya is often visited by several spirits of the dead, who she communes with on a regular basis. Who are her two most frequent visitors?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)