|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
2. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
(a) The table.
(b) The woods.
(c) The council.
(d) The dungeons.
3. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
4. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
(b) Majority rule.
(d) Group think.
5. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
6. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
7. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
8. In the ______ controlled area that Sara and Mary Ellen live in, women are forbidden from having non-traditional feminine occupations.
9. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
10. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
11. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
12. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Vocational slavery.
(b) Sexual slavery.
(c) Female slavery.
(d) Male slavery.
13. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
14. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
15. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(b) Common cold.
(c) Form of cancer.
(d) Fungal infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
2. Maya tells the assembled people about her visitation from the prophet ______ who gives her advice about how to handle the Stewards.
3. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
4. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
5. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)