|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(c) The general.
2. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
(d) Passive Aggression.
3. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
4. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
(a) Only a few guilds
(b) The entire population.
(c) Only a few families.
(d) Only the the Defense Council.
5. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
6. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
7. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Female slavery.
(b) Male slavery.
(c) Vocational slavery.
(d) Sexual slavery.
8. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
9. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
10. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
11. Sara has a gathering at the house during which it is revealed that the women are also suffering from ______ policies even though married to rich, white men.
12. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(b) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(c) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(d) Dammed the river.
13. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
(b) Passive aggression.
(d) Non-violent resistance.
14. In the book, the purpose of the meeting is to discuss how the City will respond to the _____ Steward troops marching on the City.
15. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(c) Festive lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
2. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
3. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
4. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
5. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)