|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
2. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
(a) An illegal abortion.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) High on heroin.
(d) A cut on her foot.
3. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
4. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
5. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
6. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
(a) Golden Gate.
7. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
8. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
9. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
10. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Fungal infection.
(b) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(c) Common cold.
(d) Form of cancer.
11. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
12. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
13. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
(a) Destroy the bridges.
(b) Use military action.
(c) Destroy the docks.
(d) Use non-violence.
14. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
(b) Massage therapist.
15. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
2. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
3. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
4. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
5. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)