|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
2. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
3. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
4. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Female slavery.
(b) Sexual slavery.
(c) Vocational slavery.
(d) Male slavery.
5. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
6. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(c) Mary Ellen.
7. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
8. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
9. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
10. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
11. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
12. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
13. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
14. The removal of women from the professions result in the population's dependency on the Corporation's ______.
(b) Food donations.
(c) Work grants.
(d) Governmental structures.
15. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
Short Answer Questions
1. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
2. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
3. In the book, the purpose of the meeting is to discuss how the City will respond to the _____ Steward troops marching on the City.
4. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
5. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)