|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(a) Mary Ellen.
2. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
3. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
(d) Massage therapist.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
5. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
6. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
7. Madrone helps to heal ______ partially to help him dope with the anguish of the murders that he has committed.
(d) The general.
8. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(b) Dammed the river.
(c) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(d) Destroyed the main water pipes.
9. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
10. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
11. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
(a) Non-violent resistance.
(c) Passive aggression.
12. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
(a) A cut on her foot.
(b) High on heroin.
(c) An illegal abortion.
(d) In a car accident.
13. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
14. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
15. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
2. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
3. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
4. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
5. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)