|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
(c) Mary Ellen.
2. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
3. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
4. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
5. When the authorities leave, Madrone has to explain herself to _____ the wife of the owner of the house.
(d) Mary Ellen.
6. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
7. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(b) The general.
8. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
9. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(b) Festive lights.
10. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
11. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
12. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
13. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(c) Passive aggressive.
14. In Chapter 20 the residents try out the agreed upon plan for dealing with the Steward soldiers and Maya and _____ have started sleeping together.
15. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(b) Common cold.
(c) Form of cancer.
(d) Fungal infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
2. In order to recover, Madrone asked to be taken to a _______ that is about a half day's hike outside of the camp.
3. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
4. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
5. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)