|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
(a) Group think.
(c) Majority rule.
2. Madrone uses her _____ skills to ascertain which drugs will be the most helpful for her and the community.
3. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
4. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Dammed the river.
(b) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(c) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(d) Destroyed the aquaducts.
5. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
(a) The boosters.
(b) The cigarettes.
(c) The alcohol.
(d) The narcotics.
6. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
7. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
8. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
9. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
10. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
11. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
12. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(a) Festive lights.
13. In order to recover, Madrone asked to be taken to a _______ that is about a half day's hike outside of the camp.
14. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(c) Passive aggressive.
15. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(b) Mary Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
2. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
3. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
4. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
5. In Chapter 20 the residents try out the agreed upon plan for dealing with the Steward soldiers and Maya and _____ have started sleeping together.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)