|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(b) The general.
2. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
3. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
(b) Feel worn out.
(c) Get angry.
4. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
5. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
6. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
7. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(c) Passive aggressive.
8. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
(a) The alcohol.
(b) The narcotics.
(c) The cigarettes.
(d) The boosters.
9. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
(a) Destroy the docks.
(b) Use military action.
(c) Destroy the bridges.
(d) Use non-violence.
10. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
11. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
(a) Health care.
12. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
13. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
14. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
15. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
2. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
3. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
4. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
5. In Chapter 20 the residents try out the agreed upon plan for dealing with the Steward soldiers and Maya and _____ have started sleeping together.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)