|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
2. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
3. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
4. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
5. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
(a) Golden Gate.
6. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
7. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
8. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Fungal infection.
(b) Common cold.
(c) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(d) Form of cancer.
9. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
10. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Dammed the river.
(b) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(c) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(d) Poisoned the resevoirs.
11. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(c) The general.
12. Once inside San Francisco, Madrone returns home to find the doors of the _____ Dragon House uncharacteristically locked.
13. The city eventually comes to consensus and decides to use ______ methods to defend the city and deal with the Stewards.
14. The removal of women from the professions result in the population's dependency on the Corporation's ______.
(a) Food donations.
(b) Work grants.
(c) Governmental structures.
15. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
2. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
3. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
4. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
5. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)