|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
(a) Only the the Defense Council.
(b) Only a few guilds
(c) The entire population.
(d) Only a few families.
2. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
3. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
4. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
(d) Health care.
5. Sara has a gathering at the house during which it is revealed that the women are also suffering from ______ policies even though married to rich, white men.
6. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
7. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
8. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
9. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
(a) High on heroin.
(b) A cut on her foot.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) An illegal abortion.
10. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
11. The code name that is needed to get the sailor to allow passage on the boat is _____ the name of an Egyptian goddess.
12. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
13. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
(b) Beautiful women.
14. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(c) Mary Ellen.
15. In preparation for the raid, one of the others attempts to give Madrone a _____, but she refuses to take it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
2. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
3. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
4. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
5. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)