|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
2. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(b) The general.
3. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
4. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
5. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(a) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
7. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
(a) Massage therapist.
8. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
9. When the authorities leave, Madrone has to explain herself to _____ the wife of the owner of the house.
(b) Mary Ellen.
10. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
11. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
12. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
(c) Get angry.
(d) Feel worn out.
13. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
15. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
2. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
3. The General learns that each household in the City has its own _____ and is thus able to go without the water rations.
4. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
5. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)