|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
(a) The alcohol.
(b) The cigarettes.
(c) The boosters.
(d) The narcotics.
2. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
3. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
4. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
5. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(b) Yom Kippur.
6. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
7. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
8. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
9. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
10. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
11. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
12. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
(a) Passive aggression.
(c) Non-violent resistance.
13. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
(b) Get angry.
(d) Feel worn out.
14. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
15. Once inside San Francisco, Madrone returns home to find the doors of the _____ Dragon House uncharacteristically locked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
2. In preparation for the raid, one of the others attempts to give Madrone a _____, but she refuses to take it.
3. Sara has a gathering at the house during which it is revealed that the women are also suffering from ______ policies even though married to rich, white men.
4. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
5. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)