|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
(d) Mary Ellen.
2. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
3. In order to recover, Madrone asked to be taken to a _______ that is about a half day's hike outside of the camp.
4. When the authorities leave, Madrone has to explain herself to _____ the wife of the owner of the house.
(d) Mary Ellen.
5. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
6. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
(c) Feel worn out.
(d) Get angry.
7. The women at the meeting are curious about Madrone's world and ask about the economic and _____ arrangements.
8. Madrone helps the woman with her infection using all of the following remedies except _____ .
9. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
10. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(b) The general.
11. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
(b) Majority rule.
(d) Group think.
12. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
(c) Mary Ellen.
13. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
(a) The alcohol.
(b) The cigarettes.
(c) The narcotics.
(d) The boosters.
14. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
15. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
(a) Massage therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
2. The removal of women from the professions result in the population's dependency on the Corporation's ______.
3. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
4. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
5. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)