|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
2. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
3. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
(a) The narcotics.
(b) The boosters.
(c) The cigarettes.
(d) The alcohol.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
5. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(d) Yom Kippur.
6. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
7. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(a) The general.
8. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
9. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
10. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
11. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
12. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
(a) Mary Ellen.
13. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
14. Sara has a gathering at the house during which it is revealed that the women are also suffering from ______ policies even though married to rich, white men.
15. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Common cold.
(b) Form of cancer.
(c) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(d) Fungal infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ______ controlled area that Sara and Mary Ellen live in, women are forbidden from having non-traditional feminine occupations.
2. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
3. In the book, the purpose of the meeting is to discuss how the City will respond to the _____ Steward troops marching on the City.
4. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
5. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)