|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
2. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
3. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(a) Passive aggressive.
4. Once inside San Francisco, Madrone returns home to find the doors of the _____ Dragon House uncharacteristically locked.
5. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
(a) The cigarettes.
(b) The narcotics.
(c) The boosters.
(d) The alcohol.
6. In the book, the purpose of the meeting is to discuss how the City will respond to the _____ Steward troops marching on the City.
7. Maya tells the assembled people about her visitation from the prophet ______ who gives her advice about how to handle the Stewards.
8. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
9. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
10. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(b) Dammed the river.
(c) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(d) Destroyed the aquaducts.
11. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Vocational slavery.
(b) Male slavery.
(c) Sexual slavery.
(d) Female slavery.
12. In preparation for the raid, one of the others attempts to give Madrone a _____, but she refuses to take it.
13. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Common cold.
(b) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(c) Form of cancer.
(d) Fungal infection.
14. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
15. Madrone uses her _____ skills to ascertain which drugs will be the most helpful for her and the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
2. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
3. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
4. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
5. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)