|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
2. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
(a) Common cold.
(b) Vitamin C. deficiency.
(c) Form of cancer.
(d) Fungal infection.
3. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
4. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
5. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
(a) Beautiful women.
6. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
7. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
(a) Only the the Defense Council.
(b) Only a few families.
(c) Only a few guilds
(d) The entire population.
8. Sara has a gathering at the house during which it is revealed that the women are also suffering from ______ policies even though married to rich, white men.
9. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(d) Festive lights.
10. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
11. After a major earthquake in ______ the Stewards declared martial law which was backed by the corporations.
12. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
(a) Massage therapist.
13. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(b) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(c) Dammed the river.
(d) Destroyed the main water pipes.
14. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
15. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone uses her _____ skills to ascertain which drugs will be the most helpful for her and the community.
2. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
3. A group known as the "Melissa group" has a special relationship with ______ which help in the healing of wounds.
4. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
5. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)