|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
2. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
3. The women at the meeting are curious about Madrone's world and ask about the economic and _____ arrangements.
4. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Dammed the river.
(b) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(c) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(d) Destroyed the aquaducts.
5. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
6. In the ______ controlled area that Sara and Mary Ellen live in, women are forbidden from having non-traditional feminine occupations.
7. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
8. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
9. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
10. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
(c) Health care.
11. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Male slavery.
(b) Sexual slavery.
(c) Vocational slavery.
(d) Female slavery.
12. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
13. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
14. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
(a) Destroy the docks.
(b) Use non-violence.
(c) Destroy the bridges.
(d) Use military action.
15. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
2. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
3. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
4. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
5. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)