|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
2. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
(d) Massage therapist.
3. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
(c) Passive Aggression.
4. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
5. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
6. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
(a) Beautiful women.
7. In the book, the purpose of the meeting is to discuss how the City will respond to the _____ Steward troops marching on the City.
8. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
9. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
(a) Destroy the bridges.
(b) Use military action.
(c) Use non-violence.
(d) Destroy the docks.
10. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
11. The General learns that each household in the City has its own _____ and is thus able to go without the water rations.
12. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(b) Dammed the river.
(c) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(d) Poisoned the resevoirs.
13. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
(a) An illegal abortion.
(b) High on heroin.
(c) A cut on her foot.
(d) In a car accident.
14. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(a) Festive lights.
15. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
2. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
3. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
4. The Milennialists believe that people of color are animals and have no ______. Women are often used for sex as well as sport.
5. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)