|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The city eventually comes to consensus and decides to use ______ methods to defend the city and deal with the Stewards.
2. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(b) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(c) Dammed the river.
(d) Destroyed the main water pipes.
3. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
4. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
5. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
6. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
(c) Mary Ellen.
7. On the way back to Hijohn's camp, Madrone and _____ have sex, which for her is an unsatisfying experience.
8. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
(a) Use non-violence.
(b) Destroy the docks.
(c) Use military action.
(d) Destroy the bridges.
9. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
10. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
11. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
13. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Vocational slavery.
(b) Female slavery.
(c) Male slavery.
(d) Sexual slavery.
14. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
15. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
(b) Group think.
(d) Majority rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
2. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
3. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
4. In preparation for the raid, one of the others attempts to give Madrone a _____, but she refuses to take it.
5. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)