|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(a) Yom Kippur.
2. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
3. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
4. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
5. In preparation for the raid, one of the others attempts to give Madrone a _____, but she refuses to take it.
6. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
(b) Passive Aggression.
7. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
(a) The dungeons.
(b) The council.
(c) The woods.
(d) The table.
8. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
9. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
(c) Lab Equipment.
10. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
11. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
12. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(b) Passive aggressive.
13. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
14. Madrone is introduced to _______ who has been acting as a healer for the rebels in the area.
15. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Vocational slavery.
(b) Female slavery.
(c) Male slavery.
(d) Sexual slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
2. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
3. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
4. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
5. The General learns that each household in the City has its own _____ and is thus able to go without the water rations.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)