|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter several groups state that they are not ready to agree to abide by the decision to ______.
(a) Use military action.
(b) Destroy the docks.
(c) Use non-violence.
(d) Destroy the bridges.
2. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
(b) Health care.
3. Ohnine is given the new name of ______ , a mark of a different life that he has never experienced before.
4. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
(d) Beautiful women.
5. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
6. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(c) Festive lights.
7. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
8. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
9. Bird tells that commander" We don't accept your authority. We will not cooperate, we will resist you in every way short of ______."
(d) Passive Aggression.
10. _____ is once again tortured by the General when he learned the reason that nobody has come to take Bird's water ration cards.
11. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
12. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
13. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
14. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
15. Instead of the Four Sacred things, the women at the meeting have the Four Purities including all of the following except _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
2. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
3. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
4. When the authorities leave, Madrone has to explain herself to _____ the wife of the owner of the house.
5. The women at the meeting are curious about Madrone's world and ask about the economic and _____ arrangements.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)