|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 17 highlights how ______ as a way of making decisions functions, particularly in the midst of conflict.
(a) Group think.
(b) Majority rule.
2. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
(a) A cut on her foot.
(b) High on heroin.
(c) An illegal abortion.
(d) In a car accident.
3. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(a) The general.
4. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
5. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
6. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
7. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
8. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
(a) Sexual slavery.
(b) Female slavery.
(c) Vocational slavery.
(d) Male slavery.
9. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
(d) Beautiful women.
10. In order to recover, Madrone asked to be taken to a _______ that is about a half day's hike outside of the camp.
11. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 13 _______ begins her trip down to the South to serve as a healer for the resistance.
13. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
14. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
15. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
2. Madrone uses her _____ skills to ascertain which drugs will be the most helpful for her and the community.
3. Ohnine is struggling to deal with the withdrawal he is experiencing from coming off of ______ he had been using.
4. Maya tells the assembled people about her visitation from the prophet ______ who gives her advice about how to handle the Stewards.
5. On the way to the raid, Madrone and the others come upon another camp and discover _____ who has a bullet wound.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)