|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is disheartened by her view of the bridge because the sky gaped through missing sections and there were no _____ on the cables.
(d) Festive lights.
2. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
3. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
(a) Only the the Defense Council.
(b) The entire population.
(c) Only a few families.
(d) Only a few guilds
4. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
5. In Chapter 20 the residents try out the agreed upon plan for dealing with the Steward soldiers and Maya and _____ have started sleeping together.
6. According to the book, Madrone is sent on a raid along with _____ and Littlejohn into a pharmacy in Hollywood.
7. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
8. Maya tells the assembled people about her visitation from the prophet ______ who gives her advice about how to handle the Stewards.
9. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
10. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
(a) Non-violent resistance.
(b) Passive aggression.
11. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(d) Yom Kippur.
12. The ritual includes an immersion into the sweetness of ______ and Madrone feels at moments like she is losing her human identity.
13. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
14. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
15. In Chapter 19 the raiding party decides to break into a house with a ______ in order to allow Madrone to rest and recover.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
2. Sara has a gathering at the house during which it is revealed that the women are also suffering from ______ policies even though married to rich, white men.
3. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
4. Madrone uses her _____ skills to ascertain which drugs will be the most helpful for her and the community.
5. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)