|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Ellen and Sara are both shocked to learn that Madrone, as a woman of color, is a ______.
(a) Massage therapist.
2. Heeding the words of the prophet, Maya insists that the City should respond with ______ resistance.
(b) Passive aggressive.
3. During the meeting the ______ council makes a suggestion that the City blow up the bridges in order to stop the advancement of the army.
4. ______ promises help with the overthrow of the invading forces foreshadowing the final confrontation.
(b) The general.
5. Madrone is summoned to help heal a woman that has a serious infection due to getting ______.
(a) A cut on her foot.
(b) High on heroin.
(c) An illegal abortion.
(d) In a car accident.
6. According to the book, the Steward troops are using highway _____ as their route into the city.
7. In Chapter 23, Madrone recieves a message to meet _____ one of the women she met at the Women's meeting.
8. ______ suggests that a "pseudo-council" is made so there are some "leaders" to speak with the invading army.
9. The narrative switches to Bird's voice and how members of his unit are struggling to come to grips with ______ breakdown.
10. In the book, the council decides to destroy the ______ when the army comes into sight of the city.
11. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
12. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
13. The Stewards set up camp and the first chink in the Commander's armor is seen as the troops marvel at the City's abundance of ______.
(b) Beautiful women.
14. At the Monsters camp, Madrone takes a pill that the Stewards distribute and analyzes its properties using ______.
(b) Lab Equipment.
15. Madrone is informed that ______, whose group is camped outside Angel City wants her to come South.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
2. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
3. The General learns that each household in the City has its own _____ and is thus able to go without the water rations.
4. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
5. In Chapter 32, Madrone returns to San Francisco and the chapter opens with her view of the ________ Bridge.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)