|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
(c) Mary Ellen.
2. The women at the meeting are curious about Madrone's world and ask about the economic and _____ arrangements.
3. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
4. _____ comes to the door to open it for Madrone but he does not seem to recognize her when he sees her.
5. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
6. The sailor is curious about the Utopian aspects of the City and is told that there is free _______.
(a) Health care.
7. In Chapter 24, the Steward troops have _____ in an effort to block the source of the water supply to the City.
(a) Destroyed the aquaducts.
(b) Destroyed the main water pipes.
(c) Poisoned the resevoirs.
(d) Dammed the river.
8. The prophet tells Maya that the City must invite the Stewards to ______ of the city so that they can transform.
(a) The council.
(b) The dungeons.
(c) The table.
(d) The woods.
9. Bird explains to his unit that the _____ will not kill Ohnine and they will help with the withdrawal he is experiencing.
10. The sailor learns that immunoboosters and injections help the people to stay controlled by the ______.
11. Chapter 14 is written from Bird's perspective and it is the Jewish holiday of ______ celebrated with heavy pagan influence.
(a) Yom Kippur.
12. Residents come into the streets to protest the loss of water and the General shoots _____ and then another.
13. In Chapter 18 Madrone returns from Melissa and the beehive to the ______ camp, home of the rebels she is living with.
14. Cress from the _____ Council is particularly resistant to using non-violent approaches to defending the City.
15. Madrone is accompanied by Hijohn and is interrupted in her bathing by _______ who takes her for an initiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The city eventually comes to consensus and decides to use ______ methods to defend the city and deal with the Stewards.
2. While in Angel City, Madrone is shocked when she learns about some of the _____ practices of the Stewards, including genetically engineered teens.
3. As part of the initiation, Madrone is _____ and receives a cut from a ritual knife to the area in order to leave a scar.
4. Madrone is caught, however, the ______ of the residence saves Madrone by taking her inside when the police arrive.
5. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)