|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is asked to help the sailor break free of the _____ which she does. The two of them become sexually intimate.
2. The women at the meeting are curious about Madrone's world and ask about the economic and _____ arrangements.
3. The Millenialists have banned gambling, but among the elites, there is a practice of placing wagers on _____.
4. Once inside San Francisco, Madrone returns home to find the doors of the _____ Dragon House uncharacteristically locked.
5. In Chapter 22 the Steward armies arrive in the City and a group of "leaders" goes out to meet them including all of the following except _____.
6. The ______ Council discusses the available weapons that the City has at its disposal, which are few.
7. The General learns that each household in the City has its own _____ and is thus able to go without the water rations.
8. Once in the pharmacy, Madrone looks for the most useful type of drugs for the camp and is dismayed when the others go for the ______.
9. The General commands ______ one of his troops, to deal with the children who are surrounding the council by shooting them.
10. Chapter 17 asks the question of whether ______ can ever bring about peace, delving into long standing debates about the issue.
11. In Chapter 16 Madrone begins to _______ and is suddenly overwhelmed by the camp lifestyle.
(a) Feel worn out.
(d) Get angry.
12. Chapter 17 opens with a council meeting and it appears to Maya as if ______ of the City have/has shown up for it.
(a) The entire population.
(b) Only a few families.
(c) Only a few guilds
(d) Only the the Defense Council.
13. The groups that do not agree with the consensus will go back to their groups and discuss further. They are not using an official _____ of the process.
14. In the book, the citizens are willing to sacrifice the symbols of ______ in order to preserve their lifestyle.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
15. In Chapter 21 Madrone visits Angel city. While there, she meets _____ who is Hijohn's pregnant lover.
(d) Mary Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commander of the forces refuses the offer given by the pseudocouncil and slaps _____ in the face.
2. In Chapter 14, Madrone discovers that Hijohn is sick from a _______ due to the malnutrition and dehydration the rebels face.
3. The city eventually comes to consensus and decides to use ______ methods to defend the city and deal with the Stewards.
4. In preparation for the raid, one of the others attempts to give Madrone a _____, but she refuses to take it.
5. Some of the other members of the council suggest that the City respond with _____ and other forms of guerilla tactics.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)