|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
2. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(a) Business partnership.
(d) Sexual relationship.
3. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
4. Lily Fong is a member of the ______ council and believes that the disease currently killing people is a biological weapon.
5. _____ is the name of the prisoner that was beaten close to death. Bird was able to help with his pain somewhat.
6. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
(a) Sound healilng.
7. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
8. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(c) Final Resting Place.
(d) Terminal Island.
9. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
10. The Stewards manage power through structured _______ that outline who has power over whom.
(b) Flow charts.
(c) Ranking charts.
11. Chapter 9 ends with ______ of the members of the household engaging in a ritualized sexual encounter.
12. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(b) The City.
(c) Angel City.
(d) South City.
13. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
(a) The West.
(b) The City.
(c) San Diego.
(d) The South.
14. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
(b) Sexual escapades.
(c) Talking in his sleep.
(d) Drunken revelries.
15. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
2. At the council meeting, Madrone is asked a question by one of the members of _______.
3. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
4. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
5. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)