|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya's romantic involvements are described in the first chapter, and she is openly ______, which is accepted in the culture of the City.
2. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(a) Terminal Island.
(d) Final Resting Place.
3. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
4. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
5. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
6. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
7. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
(b) The South.
(d) Angel City.
8. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(b) Quitting the healing business.
9. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
10. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
(a) National Guard.
11. At the council meeting, Madrone is asked a question by one of the members of _______.
(a) Angel City.
(b) Las Cuatras Viejas.
(c) Black Dragon house.
(d) The South.
12. Chapter 9 ends with ______ of the members of the household engaging in a ritualized sexual encounter.
13. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
14. The voice of the South represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Coyote.
15. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
2. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
3. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
4. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
5. The Stewards manage power through structured _______ that outline who has power over whom.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)