|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other faction within the regime is called _______ and represents the religious wing.
(a) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(b) The Stewards.
(c) The Sacred.
(d) The Millenialists.
2. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
3. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
4. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
5. Bird awakens confused and disoriented, and finds himself in bed with a young man named ______.
6. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
7. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Gulf War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Korean War.
(d) Vietnam War.
8. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
9. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
10. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
11. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
12. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
(c) San Francisco.
13. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
(c) Sun shower.
(d) Rain storm.
14. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
(a) The South.
(b) The City.
(c) Black Dragon House.
(d) Red Dragon House.
15. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
2. Contrary to the religious blending and tolerance in the North, only ______ beliefs are allowed in the South.
3. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
4. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
5. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)