|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Monsters ask Littlejohn and Bird to participate in a ______ ritual, and then to stay and recover from their travels.
(a) New moon.
(b) Full moon.
2. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
3. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(b) Terminal Island.
(d) Final Resting Place.
4. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) a Hotel.
5. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
(c) The dead.
6. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
(a) Drunken revelries.
(c) Sexual escapades.
(d) Talking in his sleep.
7. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(b) La Vieja.
8. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
9. Chapter 9 ends with ______ of the members of the household engaging in a ritualized sexual encounter.
10. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
11. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
12. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
13. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
14. One of the losses that Bird suffered as a result of his activism is that his hands are broken and he can no longer play ______.
15. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
2. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
3. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
4. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
5. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)