|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Laguna Beach.
(d) San Francisco.
2. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
3. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
4. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
(b) Talking in his sleep.
(c) Sexual escapades.
(d) Drunken revelries.
5. Chapter 3 begins with Maya waking up in the _______ the time of day she usually communicates with the dead.
6. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
7. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
(a) a Hotel.
(b) San Francisco.
8. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
9. Lily Fong is a member of the ______ council and believes that the disease currently killing people is a biological weapon.
10. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
(b) The dead.
11. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
12. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
13. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
14. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
15. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
(a) The North.
(b) The South.
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
2. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
3. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
4. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
5. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)