|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
(a) The South.
(d) Angel City.
2. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
3. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
4. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
5. Maya's romantic involvements are described in the first chapter, and she is openly ______, which is accepted in the culture of the City.
6. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
7. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
8. This chapter deals more directly with issues of ______, highlighted by Bird's relationship to his cell mate.
9. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
10. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
(b) National Guard.
11. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
12. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
(b) Double vision.
13. The Council of the City govern through the process of _______ in which all interested parties are allowed a say.
14. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(b) The City.
(c) South City.
(d) Angel City.
15. _____ is the name of the prisoner that was beaten close to death. Bird was able to help with his pain somewhat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
2. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
3. Throughout the book, Starhawk confronts rigid heterosexual expectations around relationship including _______
4. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
5. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)