|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
2. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
3. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
(d) Los Cuatros Viejas.
4. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
5. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
(a) The East.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
6. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
(a) The City.
(b) The South.
(c) Black Dragon House.
(d) Red Dragon House.
7. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
8. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
9. Chapter 9 ends with ______ of the members of the household engaging in a ritualized sexual encounter.
10. The Monsters ask Littlejohn and Bird to participate in a ______ ritual, and then to stay and recover from their travels.
(a) Full moon.
(c) New moon.
11. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
12. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
(c) Double vision.
13. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
14. The other faction within the regime is called _______ and represents the religious wing.
(a) The Stewards.
(b) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(c) The Sacred.
(d) The Millenialists.
15. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
2. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
3. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
4. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
5. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)