|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
2. The Stewards govern by issuing _______ to those underneath them in the hierarchy, who are expected to comply without question.
3. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
4. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(d) La Vieja.
5. One of the losses that Bird suffered as a result of his activism is that his hands are broken and he can no longer play ______.
6. Chapter 3 begins with Maya waking up in the _______ the time of day she usually communicates with the dead.
7. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
8. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
9. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
10. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
11. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
12. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) World War I.
(b) Gulf War.
(c) Korean War.
(d) Vietnam War.
13. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
14. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
15. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
(d) National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Three others return to the house in chapter nine including ______ named partly after an animal.
2. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
3. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
4. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
5. Maya's former lovers include all of the following except _______, and are her most frequent spirit visitors.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)