|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
2. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
3. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
4. Although exhausted, Madrone joins Maya on the trek to the shrine of the ______ Sacred things.
5. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
(b) Sound healilng.
6. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
7. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
(b) The dead.
8. When Madrone emerges from the trance, her patient's _______ is gone but she collapses from exhaustion.
(b) Stomach Pain.
9. Bird awakens confused and disoriented, and finds himself in bed with a young man named ______.
10. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
11. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
12. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
13. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
(a) The Millenialists.
(b) The Sacred.
(c) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(d) The Stewards.
14. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
15. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
2. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
3. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
4. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
5. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)