|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
2. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
(b) Los Cuatros Viejas.
3. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
(d) Sound healilng.
4. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(a) Final Resting Place.
(b) Terminal Island.
5. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
6. _______ returns to the hills where he is a leader among the rebels and at the end of chapter four splits from the others.
7. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
8. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
(a) Talking in his sleep.
(c) Drunken revelries.
(d) Sexual escapades.
9. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
10. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
11. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
12. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
13. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
14. Contrary to the religious blending and tolerance in the North, only ______ beliefs are allowed in the South.
15. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The other faction within the regime is called _______ and represents the religious wing.
2. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
3. The Monsters ask Littlejohn and Bird to participate in a ______ ritual, and then to stay and recover from their travels.
4. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
5. At the council meeting, Madrone is asked a question by one of the members of _______.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)