|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
2. The voice of the South represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Coyote.
3. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
(a) The South.
(b) The East.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
4. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
5. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
6. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
7. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
8. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
9. The other faction within the regime is called _______ and represents the religious wing.
(a) The Stewards.
(b) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(c) The Millenialists.
(d) The Sacred.
10. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
(c) Sound healilng.
11. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
12. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
13. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Gulf War.
(d) Korean War.
14. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(a) South City.
(b) Angel City.
(c) The City.
15. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Monsters ask Littlejohn and Bird to participate in a ______ ritual, and then to stay and recover from their travels.
2. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
3. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
4. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
5. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)