|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
2. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(d) Quitting the healing business.
3. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(a) Sexual relationship.
(d) Business partnership.
4. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
5. At the shrine, ______ are left by those who have lost loved ones in remembrance of those who have passed on.
6. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(a) La Vieja.
7. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
8. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
9. This chapter deals more directly with issues of ______, highlighted by Bird's relationship to his cell mate.
10. _____ is the name of the prisoner that was beaten close to death. Bird was able to help with his pain somewhat.
11. Chapter 9 ends with ______ of the members of the household engaging in a ritualized sexual encounter.
12. Throughout the book, Starhawk confronts rigid heterosexual expectations around relationship including _______
13. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
14. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
15. One of the losses that Bird suffered as a result of his activism is that his hands are broken and he can no longer play ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
2. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
3. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
4. At the council meeting, Madrone is asked a question by one of the members of _______.
5. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)