|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
2. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
(d) Los Cuatros Viejas.
3. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
4. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
5. Lily Fong is a member of the ______ council and believes that the disease currently killing people is a biological weapon.
6. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
7. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
8. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
9. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
(a) The South.
(b) The East.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
10. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(a) La Vieja.
11. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
12. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
13. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
14. The three work for the _____ council and their work has them sampling water in the surrounding regions.
(d) Streams and Rivers.
15. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
(a) The dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
2. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
3. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
4. In this chapter, Madrone is distraught over the recent death of her lover, ______, who died from the disease that threatens the City.
5. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)