|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story is told from the perspective of three members of the _______ Dragon House.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
(a) Black Dragon House.
(b) The South.
(c) Red Dragon House.
(d) The City.
4. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Laguna Beach.
(d) San Diego.
5. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
6. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
(d) Sound healilng.
7. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
(b) National Guard.
8. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
9. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
(c) The dead.
10. Three others return to the house in chapter nine including ______ named partly after an animal.
11. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
12. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Gulf War.
13. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
14. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
15. Although exhausted, Madrone joins Maya on the trek to the shrine of the ______ Sacred things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
2. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
3. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
4. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
5. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)