|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
2. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) World War I.
(b) Korean War.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Gulf War.
3. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
4. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(a) Sexual relationship.
(c) Business partnership.
5. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
(b) San Francisco.
6. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
7. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(b) La Vieja.
8. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
9. Within the book, Starhawk explores all of the following themes except ______ that she has explored in her other writings.
10. Bird awakens confused and disoriented, and finds himself in bed with a young man named ______.
11. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
12. Chapter 9 ends with ______ of the members of the household engaging in a ritualized sexual encounter.
13. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
14. When Madrone emerges from the trance, her patient's _______ is gone but she collapses from exhaustion.
(b) Stomach Pain.
15. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
2. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
3. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
4. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
5. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)