|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Madrone emerges from the trance, her patient's _______ is gone but she collapses from exhaustion.
(c) Stomach Pain.
2. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
3. The story is told through flashback and reveals that the City was invaded by the _______armies.
(b) Black Dragons.
(c) Las Cuatros Viejas.
4. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
5. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
6. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(a) La Vieja.
7. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
8. The members of the house construct ______ to their deceased loved ones and share stories with one another.
9. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
(b) Los Cuatros Viejas.
10. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
11. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
12. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
13. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
(b) The South.
(d) Angel City.
14. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
15. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) World War I.
(b) Gulf War.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone goes into a trance and has a vision involving a variety of _______.
2. This chapter deals more directly with issues of ______, highlighted by Bird's relationship to his cell mate.
3. The other two that return to the house in Chapter 9 are _____ and Nita. The return of the three eases tensions between Madrone and Bird.
4. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
5. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)