|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
2. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(b) La Vieja.
3. Throughout the book, Starhawk confronts rigid heterosexual expectations around relationship including _______
4. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
5. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
6. One of the losses that Bird suffered as a result of his activism is that his hands are broken and he can no longer play ______.
7. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
8. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
(b) The South.
(c) Angel City.
9. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
10. The Voices participate in the discussions of the council, ______ representatives of the Four Sacred Things.
11. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(a) Angel City.
(c) South City.
(d) The City.
12. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
13. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(b) Quitting the healing business.
14. Within the book, Starhawk explores all of the following themes except ______ that she has explored in her other writings.
15. Although exhausted, Madrone joins Maya on the trek to the shrine of the ______ Sacred things.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
2. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
3. Chapter 3 begins with Maya waking up in the _______ the time of day she usually communicates with the dead.
4. The Council of the City govern through the process of _______ in which all interested parties are allowed a say.
5. _____ is the name of the prisoner that was beaten close to death. Bird was able to help with his pain somewhat.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)