|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
2. The story is told from the perspective of three members of the _______ Dragon House.
3. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(b) La Vieja.
4. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
(a) San Diego.
(b) Laguna Beach.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
6. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
7. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
8. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
9. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
10. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
11. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
(c) Los Cuatros Viejas.
12. Maya's former lovers include all of the following except _______, and are her most frequent spirit visitors.
(c) Madrone's grandmother.
13. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
14. Contrary to the religious blending and tolerance in the North, only ______ beliefs are allowed in the South.
15. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
2. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
3. Chapter 3 begins with Maya waking up in the _______ the time of day she usually communicates with the dead.
4. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
5. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)