|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
(b) National Guard.
2. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(b) Sexual relationship.
(d) Business partnership.
3. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
4. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
5. Throughout the book, Starhawk confronts rigid heterosexual expectations around relationship including _______
6. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
7. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
8. The other two that return to the house in Chapter 9 are _____ and Nita. The return of the three eases tensions between Madrone and Bird.
9. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(a) Terminal Island.
(b) Final Resting Place.
10. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
11. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
12. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
(c) Double vision.
13. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
14. Lily Fong is a member of the ______ council and believes that the disease currently killing people is a biological weapon.
15. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
2. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
3. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
4. The voice of the North represents _______ and its guardian animal is the White Deer.
5. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)