|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ returns to the hills where he is a leader among the rebels and at the end of chapter four splits from the others.
2. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
3. __________ agrees to remain for a few days to recuperate.
4. Within the book, Starhawk explores all of the following themes except ______ that she has explored in her other writings.
5. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
6. The Stewards manage power through structured _______ that outline who has power over whom.
(a) Flow charts.
(b) Ranking charts.
7. ______ is asked to speak and relates part of the history of Las Cuatros Viejas or the Four Old Women.
8. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
9. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
10. When Madrone emerges from the trance, her patient's _______ is gone but she collapses from exhaustion.
(b) Stomach Pain.
11. Chapter 3 begins with Maya waking up in the _______ the time of day she usually communicates with the dead.
12. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Gulf War.
(d) Korean War.
13. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
14. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
(a) The South.
(c) Angel City.
15. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
2. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
3. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
4. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
5. The other two that return to the house in Chapter 9 are _____ and Nita. The return of the three eases tensions between Madrone and Bird.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)