|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6 describes the continued travels of Bird and his companion making their way ______.
2. The Stewards manage power through structured _______ that outline who has power over whom.
(a) Flow charts.
(b) Ranking charts.
3. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
4. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
5. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
6. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
(b) Rain storm.
(d) Sun shower.
7. Maya's former lovers include all of the following except _______, and are her most frequent spirit visitors.
(b) Madrone's grandmother.
8. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
9. The story is told through flashback and reveals that the City was invaded by the _______armies.
(b) Las Cuatros Viejas.
(d) Black Dragons.
10. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(a) Terminal Island.
(d) Final Resting Place.
11. The council has added the natural world as a voice that needs to be counted. All of the following describe how the council delivers its governance except________.
12. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
(c) National Guard.
13. The story is told from the perspective of three members of the _______ Dragon House.
14. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
15. In the South, the policies are blatantly racist and forbid any form of cultural blending including speaking ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madrone is showing up to the council to sit as a representative for the group of _______ to which she belongs.
2. People felt that the ______ Sacred things should have a voice in the council as well.
3. The other faction within the regime is called _______ and represents the religious wing.
4. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
5. _______ decides to stay for the ritual and eventually decides that he will stay with the Monsters for good.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)