|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
2. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
3. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(b) Quitting the healing business.
4. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
5. Madrone is unsure of whether the disease is a biological weapon. As she leaves the council she has a strong feeling of _______ presence.
6. Lily responds to Bird's concerns by saying that if he told them the truth that ____ old women who listen and dream defend the city, that nobody would listen.
7. The voice of the East represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Hawk.
8. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
9. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Gulf War.
10. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
11. Lily Fong is a member of the ______ council and believes that the disease currently killing people is a biological weapon.
12. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
(a) a Hotel.
(d) San Francisco.
13. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
14. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
(a) Rain storm.
(b) Sun shower.
15. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
2. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
3. The other faction within the regime is called _______ and represents the religious wing.
4. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
5. In Chapter 10, all of the following except _______ visit Lily, the spokesperson from the Defense council.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)