|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ returns to the hills where he is a leader among the rebels and at the end of chapter four splits from the others.
2. Once at the work camp, ______ of the men manage to escape, eventually heading in different directions.
3. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
(a) Sun shower.
(d) Rain storm.
4. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
5. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
6. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
(c) San Francisco.
7. The rebels in the South need a healer and dreamer and Lily believes that ______ is a likely candidate.
8. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
9. Within the book, Starhawk explores all of the following themes except ______ that she has explored in her other writings.
10. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
11. Madrone brings Maya tea and they talk about ______before she heads off to go to Council, the city's form of governance.
(a) The dead.
12. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
13. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(a) Angel City.
(b) South City.
(d) The City.
14. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(a) Quitting the healing business.
15. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
(b) Sound healilng.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
2. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
3. This chapter deals more directly with issues of ______, highlighted by Bird's relationship to his cell mate.
4. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
5. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)