|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Bird wakes up disoriented and confused it becomes clear that he and ______ are lovers.
2. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
3. The voice of the South represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Coyote.
4. Bird is able to sense the pain of another person in the jail called _____ who has been beaten to the point of death.
5. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(a) Angel City.
(b) South City.
(c) The City.
6. Madrone realizes shortly into the healing that the disease may be too _______ for her and that she may have made a mistake.
7. The voice of the West represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Salmon.
8. Bird goes to Maya and she believes him to be a spirit at first. Madrone and Bird rekindle their _______.
(b) Business partnership.
(d) Sexual relationship.
9. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Gulf War.
(b) Korean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) Vietnam War.
10. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
11. At the council meeting, Madrone is asked a question by one of the members of _______.
(a) Las Cuatras Viejas.
(b) Black Dragon house.
(c) Angel City.
(d) The South.
12. In the South, the policies are blatantly racist and forbid any form of cultural blending including speaking ______.
13. When Bird originally ended up in jail he was tortured by the guards so that he would divulge information about ______.
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) San Diego.
(d) The City.
14. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
(a) The North.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The East.
15. This chapter deals more directly with issues of ______, highlighted by Bird's relationship to his cell mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Stewards manage power through structured _______ that outline who has power over whom.
2. The Council of the City govern through the process of _______ in which all interested parties are allowed a say.
3. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
4. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
5. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)