|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dystopian California exists on the control of a ______ fundamentalist military regime.
2. The other two that return to the house in Chapter 9 are _____ and Nita. The return of the three eases tensions between Madrone and Bird.
3. The three work for the _____ council and their work has them sampling water in the surrounding regions.
(a) Streams and Rivers.
4. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
5. Chapter 3 begins with Maya waking up in the _______ the time of day she usually communicates with the dead.
6. Madrone gives Bird a long list of those who have _____ since the last time he was in the city.
7. Bird awakens confused and disoriented, and finds himself in bed with a young man named ______.
8. Contrary to the religious blending and tolerance in the North, only ______ beliefs are allowed in the South.
9. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Laguna Beach.
10. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(c) Terminal Island.
(d) Final Resting Place.
11. Madrone tries a risky method of healing that involves ______ the disease and then curing it inside yourself.
12. In Chapter 8, Bird returns to the city and arrives at the _______ Dragon House to find Madrone in bed.
13. In the beginning of the second chapter, Bird, the grandson of Maya, who is currently in ______.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) a Hotel.
14. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
15. The Voices participate in the discussions of the council, ______ representatives of the Four Sacred Things.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
2. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
3. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
4. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
5. Maya tells of a face-to-face confrontation she had with a young ______ officer, and realized he was just as scared as she was.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)