|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the book, Starhawk explores all of the following themes except ______ that she has explored in her other writings.
2. In an effort to be helpful, Bird starts gardening around the house but disturbs the ______ plant near which Sandy's ashes were scattered.
3. The voice of the South represents ______ and its guardian animal is the Coyote.
4. Bird is successful in getting out of jail and reassigned to a work camp along with Littlejohn and ______.
5. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
(d) Los Cuatros Viejas.
6. One of the stories that Maya shares has to do with her involvement in the Anti-_______ Movement.
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Gulf War.
(c) World War I.
(d) Korean War.
7. Chapter 8 ends with a ______ in which the city dwellers take to the streets to celebrate.
(b) Rain storm.
(c) Sun shower.
8. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(a) South City.
(b) The City.
(c) Angel City.
9. The story is told from the perspective of three members of the _______ Dragon House.
10. The Stewards manage power through structured _______ that outline who has power over whom.
(a) Ranking charts.
(d) Flow charts.
11. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
12. _____ is the name of the prisoner that was beaten close to death. Bird was able to help with his pain somewhat.
13. In Chapter 5 Madrone attempts a _______ that involves dropping her own protective psychic shields and going into her patient's system.
14. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
15. Chapter 11 begins with the celebration of El Dia de los ______, or Day of the Dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
2. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
3. The Monsters suffer from ______ that occurred as a result of the damaged environment from a nuclear reactor.
4. The chapter opens with Bird recovering his memories and power. He enacts a _______ to "get me out of here".
5. In the South, the policies are blatantly racist and forbid any form of cultural blending including speaking ______.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)