Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Apart from the City which is situated in the North, how is the Southern part of California governed?
2. As Maya climbs the hill in the opening chapter, how does she describe the changes that have taken place in the City?
3. What is the significance of Madrone leaving a stone at the temple?
4. How is the government of the city run according to the book?
5. What is significant about the way that the city celebrates the Day of the Reaper?
This section contains 1,217 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)