|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 begins with Maya waking up in the _______ the time of day she usually communicates with the dead.
2. In this chapter, Madrone is distraught over the recent death of her lover, ______, who died from the disease that threatens the City.
3. _____ goes into deep trance to help her patients energetically as well as spiritually. However, it is not always successful.
(b) La Vieja.
4. Bird is alarmed at his situation and tries to ground himself, but he is told that ______is illegal.
5. Bird admits that he has concern about information revealed as a result of ______ while in jail in the South.
(a) Talking in his sleep.
(b) Sexual escapades.
(c) Drunken revelries.
Short Answer Questions
1. The City has established religious tolerance and blending of various religious celebrations as evidenced by the celebration of the Day of the ______.
2. Bird's homosexuality is portrayed as being unrelated to stereotypes about _____ and being around only males.
3. The City is on the verge of an epidemic and as a healer _______ tries to save the life of a fevered pregnant woman.
4. Bird is cautioned to continue to pretend that he has amnesia and to make sure the guards don't hear him speaking ______.
5. One of the losses that Bird suffered as a result of his activism is that his hands are broken and he can no longer play ______.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)