|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening scene has Maya climbing a hill overlooking _______ Bay, describing how the streets have been changed into streams and gardens.
(d) San Francisco.
2. Maya's romantic involvements are described in the first chapter, and she is openly ______, which is accepted in the culture of the City.
3. In Chapter 7 it appears that Madrone is close to _____ after her healing work with her last client.
(a) Quitting the healing business.
4. The Voices were given a seat because it was felt that all _____ and neighborhoods should have representation in the new system.
5. Bird awakens confused and disoriented, and finds himself in bed with a young man named ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The disease turns into a _______ monster that Madrone must somehow be able to defeat.
2. Bird tells Lily that he has promised to return to ______. Lily disagrees with him and says that it is not his path.
3. The Council of the City govern through the process of _______ in which all interested parties are allowed a say.
4. The second chapter describes the dystopian half of California that is being run by the _______.
5. Bird crosses an area marked ________ territory and runs across of group of self-described "Monsters".
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)