|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The City is referred to as ______ and is vastly different from the dystopian climate of the rest of California.
(a) The South.
(b) The West.
(c) The North.
(d) The East.
2. The city of Los Angeles is changed to ______ in order to move away from cultural ties that existed before.
(a) The City.
(b) Angel City.
(d) South City.
3. Bird is able to soothe the man using ______ techniques and heal some of his pain. He is again warned to reveal none of these practices to the guards.
(a) Sound healilng.
4. Bird discovers from his companion that he has been in Angel City at ______ for the last ten years.
(a) Final Resting Place.
(b) Terminal Island.
5. This chapter deals more directly with issues of ______, highlighted by Bird's relationship to his cell mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Fifth Sacred Thing focuses on one family in the egalitarian community in the city of _________.
2. The Four old women were partially responsible for sparking rebellion in _____ when martial law was declared.
3. The opening chapter alternates between the perspective of ninety-eight year old Maya and _______, the granddaughter of one of her lovers.
4. Throughout the book, Starhawk confronts rigid heterosexual expectations around relationship including _______
5. Within the military regime are two different factions. One is called _____ and represents the military wing.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)