|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the author Eric Foner born?
2. In the 1840s, most of Lincoln's income was derived from what?
(a) His medical practice.
(b) His farm.
(c) His architecture firm.
(d) His law practice.
3. In the wake of the Dred Scot decision, President Buchanan declared that slavery existed in all states under the Constitution and tried to bring what state in as a slave state?
4. In what year did Abraham Lincoln present his House Divided speech?
5. The Opinion of the Court in Dred Scott v. Sandford was written by what U.S. Chief Justice?
(a) Millard Fillmore.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) Roger B. Taney.
(d) Zachary Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The federal government had prohibited slavery within the Wisconsin Territory in the Missouri Compromise in what year?
2. Eric Foner has been a member of the faculty of the Department of History at what university since 1982?
3. How did Abraham Lincoln feel about his father, according to the author?
4. When was the Wisconsin Enabling Act enacted?
5. James K. Polk was which President of the United States?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)