|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eric Foner has been a member of the faculty of the Department of History at what university since 1982?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Princeton University.
2. In 2000, Eric Foner was elected president of what organization?
(a) The Chicago Historical Association.
(b) The Pennsylvania Historical Association.
(c) The American Historical Association.
(d) The Historical Association of New Hampshire.
3. In what year did Abraham Lincoln present his House Divided speech?
4. As they campaigned for the Senate in 1858, Lincoln and his supporters decided to invite who to debate the issues?
(a) Henry Clay.
(b) Millard Fillmore.
(c) Zachary Taylor.
(d) Stephen A. Douglas.
5. The Somersett's case in what year emancipated a slave in England and helped launch the movement to abolish slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a short-lived political party in the United States active in the 1848 and 1852 presidential elections?
2. What was the name of John C. Fremont's mother?
3. What refers to laws passed by the United States Congress in 1793 and 1850 to provide for the return of slaves who escaped from one state into another state or territory?
4. In what year did the United States of America annex the Republic of Texas?
5. To what political party did John C. Fremont belong?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)