|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Abraham Lincoln assume the Presidency of the United States?
2. What refers to a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself or one's group?
3. What was a political party of the United States during the era of Jacksonian democracy, and was operating from the early 1830s to the mid-1850s?
(a) The Tea Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Whig Party.
4. Eric Foner won the Bancroft Prize in 1989 for what book?
(a) America's Black Past: A Reader in Afro-American History.
(b) Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877.
(c) A House Divided: America in the Age of Lincoln.
(d) The Story of American Freedom.
5. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
(a) Sarah Todd Lincoln.
(b) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(c) Elizabeth Lee Lincoln.
(d) Mary Elizabeth Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Buchanan was which President of the United States?
2. What is Latin for a statement "said in passing"?
3. Eric Foner has been a member of the faculty of the Department of History at what university since 1982?
4. When was the author Eric Foner born?
5. What refers to the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)