|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Britain abolished slavery throughout the British Empire with the Slavery Abolition Act in what year?
2. In what year did the United States of America annex the Republic of Texas?
3. James Buchanan was a member of what political party when he was elected U.S. President?
(a) The Whig Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Federalist Party.
4. What does GOP stand for?
(a) Grand Old Party.
(b) Great Old Politics.
(c) Grand Organization of Plenty.
(d) Governor of Politics.
5. Slavery had been prohibited in Indiana and Illinois since what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a political party of the United States during the era of Jacksonian democracy, and was operating from the early 1830s to the mid-1850s?
2. James Buchanan was which President of the United States?
3. What was a short-lived political party in the United States active in the 1848 and 1852 presidential elections?
4. What is the framework for the organization of the United States government and for the relationship of the federal government with the states, citizens, and all people within the United States?
5. As they campaigned for the Senate in 1858, Lincoln and his supporters decided to invite who to debate the issues?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)