|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lincoln make a speech in Springfield that included a discussion on the violence that surrounded the abolitionist movement in Chapter 1?
(a) The Philadelphia Museum.
(b) The Center for Policy.
(c) The Young Men's Lyceum.
(d) The New York Museum.
2. In what state was James K. Polk born?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
3. To what state did Abraham Lincoln's family move when he was seven years old?
4. When was "The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery" selected as the recipient of the Pulitzer Prize, Lincoln Prize and the Bancroft Prize?
5. Britain banned the importation of African slaves in its colonies in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself or one's group?
2. Eric Foner has been a member of the faculty of the Department of History at what university since 1982?
3. How many members comprise the U.S. House of Representatives?
4. Henry Clay represented what state in both the Senate and the House of Representatives?
5. What was a political party of the United States during the era of Jacksonian democracy, and was operating from the early 1830s to the mid-1850s?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)