|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the 19th century American belief that the United States was destined to expand across the continent?
(a) Manifest Destiny.
(b) Congressional Duty.
(d) Sovereign Duty.
2. Who was the 12th President of the United States?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Zachary Taylor.
3. What refers to a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself or one's group?
4. To what state did Abraham Lincoln's family move when he was seven years old?
5. In what year did Abraham Lincoln assume the Presidency of the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members comprise the U.S. House of Representatives?
2. What political party's socially liberal and progressive platform is largely considered center-left in the contemporary U.S. political spectrum?
3. The Somersett's case in what year emancipated a slave in England and helped launch the movement to abolish slavery?
4. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
5. Britain abolished slavery throughout the British Empire with the Slavery Abolition Act in what year?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)