|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what political party did James K. Polk belong?
(a) The Free Soil Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Whig Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
2. What was a minor political party in the United States in the 1840s which was an early advocate of the abolitionist cause?
(a) The Whig Party.
(b) The Green Party.
(c) The Free Soil Party.
(d) The Liberty Party.
3. Who was the 12th President of the United States?
(a) Zachary Taylor.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
4. Where was Abraham Lincoln born?
5. How many members comprise the U.S. House of Representatives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Abraham Lincoln's wife was the daughter of a what?
2. Britain abolished slavery throughout the British Empire with the Slavery Abolition Act in what year?
3. James K. Polk was which President of the United States?
4. What refers to the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory?
5. To what state did Abraham Lincoln's family move when he was seven years old?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)