|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Stephen A. Douglas from?
2. What refers to the act of withdrawing from an organization, union, or especially a political entity?
3. The Emancipation Proclamation did not pertain to the slaves in the border states, leaving nearly how many people in bondage?
(a) 1 million.
(b) 2 million.
(d) 4 million.
4. When did Lincoln publicly relieve John C. Fremont of command?
(a) July, 12, 1862.
(b) September 14, 1875.
(c) October 15, 1862.
(d) November 2, 1861.
5. Who was the 14th President of the United States?
(a) Zachary Taylor.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Millard Fillmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Maryland abolish slavery?
2. Who ran for the Free Soil Party in the 1852 presidential election?
3. How many slave states in the South immediately declared their independence when Lincoln was elected?
4. How many members comprise the U.S. House of Representatives?
5. When was "The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery" selected as the recipient of the Pulitzer Prize, Lincoln Prize and the Bancroft Prize?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)