|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry Clay represented what state in both the Senate and the House of Representatives?
2. What does GOP stand for?
(a) Grand Organization of Plenty.
(b) Governor of Politics.
(c) Great Old Politics.
(d) Grand Old Party.
3. The Constitutional Union Party was established in what year?
4. Who founded the abolitionist newspaper, The Liberator?
(a) Martin Van Buren.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) John P. Hale.
(d) David Ruggles.
5. What, also known as the Mason and Slidell Affair, was an international diplomatic incident that occurred during the American Civil War?
(a) The MSA.
(b) The Trent Affair.
(c) The Mason Affair.
(d) The British Affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Constitutional Union Party was made up primarily of former members of what political party?
2. There are well documented trips Lincoln made down the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers in both 1828 and what year?
3. What were Europeans who participated in or supported the revolutions of 1848 that swept Europe called?
4. Where was Abraham Lincoln born?
5. Who was the 14th President of the United States?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)