|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Frederick Douglass born?
2. The Dred Scott Decision was a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that people of African descent brought into the United States and held as slaves (or their descendants) were what?
(a) Freed men.
(b) Free to vote.
(c) Protected by the Constitution.
(d) Not protected by the Constitution.
3. Slavery had been prohibited in Indiana and Illinois since what year?
4. What were Europeans who participated in or supported the revolutions of 1848 that swept Europe called?
(c) War Democrats.
(d) The Copperheads.
5. What was an organized incorporated territory of the United States that existed from July 4, 1805 until June 4, 1812?
(a) The Louisiana Territory.
(b) The Texas Territory.
(c) The Spanish Territory.
(d) The Mexican Territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement was a nativist American political movement of the 1840s and 1850s, and was empowered by popular fears that the country was being overwhelmed by German and Irish Catholic immigrants?
2. When was the Missouri Compromise enacted?
3. What was a political party of the United States during the era of Jacksonian democracy, and was operating from the early 1830s to the mid-1850s?
4. When was the abolitionist newspaper, The Liberator, founded?
5. Who was an anti-slavery activist who was active in the New York Committee of Vigilance and the Underground Railroad and helped Frederick Douglass escape to freedom?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)