|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Abraham Lincoln when his family moved to Illinois?
2. What movement was a nativist American political movement of the 1840s and 1850s, and was empowered by popular fears that the country was being overwhelmed by German and Irish Catholic immigrants?
(a) The Tea Party.
(b) The Anti-Immigration movement.
(c) The Abolitionist movement.
(d) The Know Nothing movement.
3. Where was John C. Breckinridge born?
4. What is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States, consisting of the Senate and the House of Representatives?
(a) The Presidential Cabinet.
(b) Judiciary Committee.
5. What is the framework for the organization of the United States government and for the relationship of the federal government with the states, citizens, and all people within the United States?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Ten Amendments.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) The Bill of Rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what political party did James K. Polk belong?
2. The Dred Scott Decision was a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that people of African descent brought into the United States and held as slaves (or their descendants) were what?
3. The Constitutional Union Party was established in what year?
4. What was a government set up from 1861 to 1865 by Southern slave states of the United States of America that had declared their secession from the US?
5. Abraham Lincoln's wife was the daughter of a what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)