|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of John C. Fremont's mother?
(a) Sarah Elizabeth Newton.
(b) Anne Beverly Whiting.
(c) Anne Jefferson Smith.
(d) Elizabeth Anderson.
2. The Somersett's case in what year emancipated a slave in England and helped launch the movement to abolish slavery?
3. When was Congress called to special session in which a bill was passed declaring the war had nothing to do with slavery but was being fought in order to preserve the Constitution?
(a) October, 1862.
(b) July, 1861.
(c) June, 1860.
(d) September, 1862.
4. The Treaty between the United States and Great Britain for the Suppression of the Slave Trade was also known as what?
(a) The Lincoln Treaty.
(b) The Trent Treaty.
(c) The Mason-Swift Treaty.
(d) The Lyons-Seward Treaty.
5. Who was the eighth President of the United States?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) John P. Hale.
(d) Zachary Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Europeans who participated in or supported the revolutions of 1848 that swept Europe called?
2. Where was James Buchanan born?
3. Who was a major general during the American Civil War and organized the famous Army of the Potomac?
4. The Constitutional Union Party was made up primarily of former members of what political party?
5. When was the Missouri Compromise enacted?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)