|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does GOP stand for?
(a) Great Old Politics.
(b) Grand Organization of Plenty.
(c) Grand Old Party.
(d) Governor of Politics.
2. Slavery had been prohibited in Indiana and Illinois since what year?
3. What is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States, consisting of the Senate and the House of Representatives?
(c) Judiciary Committee.
(d) The Presidential Cabinet.
4. Who was the 14th President of the United States?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Zachary Taylor.
(c) Millard Fillmore.
(d) Franklin Pierce.
5. How old was Abraham Lincoln when his family moved to Illinois?
Short Answer Questions
1. Abraham Lincoln's wife was the daughter of a what?
2. What was the first American political party, from the early 1790s to 1816?
3. James Buchanan was a member of what political party when he was elected U.S. President?
4. Who was the 12th President of the United States?
5. When did the Mexican-American War begin?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)