Preface and Chapter 1
1. When was the author Eric Foner born?
2. Eric Foner has been a member of the faculty of the Department of History at what university since 1982?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Princeton University.
3. When was "The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery" selected as the recipient of the Pulitzer Prize, Lincoln Prize and the Bancroft Prize?
4. Eric Foner won the Bancroft Prize in 1989 for what book?
(a) Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877.
(b) America's Black Past: A Reader in Afro-American History.
(c) A House Divided: America in the Age of Lincoln.
(d) The Story of American Freedom.
5. In 2000, Eric Foner was elected president of what organization?
(a) The Pennsylvania Historical Association.
(b) The Chicago Historical Association.
(c) The American Historical Association.
(d) The Historical Association of New Hampshire.
6. Where was Eric Foner born?
(a) Akron, OH.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) Little Rock, AR.
7. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
8. Where was Abraham Lincoln born?
This section contains 3,922 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)