|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of master from China was employed in Elisabeth Targ's healing experiments?
2. President Abraham Lincoln dreamed of his own assassination _____ before he died.
3. According to the author, Elisabeth Targ had a passion for _____.
4. Roger Nelson loaned a FieldREG machine to the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans to measure the consciousness field at their Sabbats and during ____.
5. In America, the third category of belief beyond the 'true or not true' system of Russia was _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hal Puthoff think was happening with metric engineering?
2. How did Pat Price inadvertently start the Star Wars program under the Reagan Administration, according to the author?
3. Why did Robert Forward think that it was possible to do an experiment on altering inertia by making changes in the vacuum?
4. Why did William Braud use Mongolian gerbils in his research?
5. What did healers do in a study of high blood pressure patients which helped them and defined their methods?
6. In what study was Dr. Bernard Grad a pioneer?
7. What had Russell Targ developed that got him interested in what the mind could potentially do in regards to ESP?
8. How did William Braud use red blood cells to measure intention?
9. Why did the idea of sacred sites intrigue Roger Nelson?
10. How had the United States Air Force been exploring with cosmic rays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the scientific press reacted to the discoveries of Jacques Benveniste. What did Nature Magazine say about the paper he published? How did this affect his attitude? His career?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of dreams to the the Achuar and Huaorai Indians of rain forests of the Amazon. How does this differ from the role of dreams in Western society?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Backster effect. How did this influence the experiments and discoveries of Hal Puthoff?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)