|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisabeth Davenas was a _____ in relation to Jacques Benveniste.
2. The electromagnetic frequencies that Jacques Benveniste studied in his experiments corresponded with frequencies _____.
3. The Italian physicist Renato Nobili amassed experimental proof that electromagnetic frequencies occur in _____.
4. What machine added the ability to count light to the EMI 9558QA?
5. Robert Jahn's view of parapsychology was that it was thought of by the scientific establishment as being the province of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, how do photons switch on the body's processes?
2. Why does the author say the the French had not been well-represented in the field of science?
3. How does quantum mechanics define space?
4. What is the theory of Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship?
5. What did President Nixon urge Americans to do to stave off some of the effects of the oil crisis?
6. What was Louis de Broglie's thought experiment that carried quantum theory to its logical conclusion?
7. What radical concept did Robert Jahn play around with in his research?
8. What does the author say could explain why acupuncture works?
9. Why was quantum theory so hard to prove?
10. How do geneticists look at cell differentiation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Jacques Benveniste discovered what was coined as water memory. What was the surprising result of the experiments he oversaw where water was diluted? How did this relate to the concept of homeopathy?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the oil crisis in 1973 influenced the work of Bill Church. How did the oil crisis affect society at this time? How did this inspire Church's ideas? Who worked with him, and what did they do?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Elisabeth Targ's experiments with healing of AIDS patients. How was healing able to occur in these experiments? What was proven about the mental state of patients in group therapy versus using Prozac? Why was this significant?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)