|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of medal did Jacques Benveniste win form CNRS, which is one of the most prestigious scientific honors he could win in France?
2. What was Robert Jahn's reason for returning to Princeton and joining the aeronautical engineering department in the early 1960's?
(a) Gas propulsion.
(b) Remote viewing.
(c) Psychic navigation.
(d) Electric propulsion.
3. What chemical can be applied to DNA to squeezes itself into the base pairs of the double helix to cause the strand to split apart?
(a) Chromium cyanide.
(b) Calcium carbide.
(c) Magnesium sulfate.
(d) Ethidium bromide.
4. Where was physicist Albert Michelson born?
5. Frau Mauro is a _____ region of the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lorentz force is the name of the force that slows particles moving _____.
2. The Eastern religions term the blind epiphany of meaning as _____, which is how Ed Mitchell felt coming back from the moon.
3. Robert Jahn's view of parapsychology was that it was thought of by the scientific establishment as being the province of _____.
4. What is the name of the symbols that J. B. Rhine used to test ESP?
5. The name coined by Wilder Penfield for the precise location in the brain where memories are stored is _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Fritz-Albert Popp spend considerable time studying? Why was he fascinated with this "object"?
2. Why does the author characterize Ed Mitchell as a truth seeker?
3. What is the uncertainty principle?
4. What did President Nixon urge Americans to do to stave off some of the effects of the oil crisis?
5. Why does the author say the the French had not been well-represented in the field of science?
6. What is the Cartesian view of the body?
7. What was Edgar Mitchell's concept of a unified theory of mind and matter?
8. How does quantum mechanics define space?
9. How did Ed Mitchell experiment with ESP on the way back to the moon?
10. What did Herbert Frohlich prove about coherence?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)