|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, The Sea of Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ed Mitchell see as an artificial construct as he headed back to Earth on Apollo 14?
2. The Lorentz force is the name of the force that slows particles moving _____.
(a) At the speed of light.
(b) Into a black hole.
(c) Through a magnetic field.
(d) Out of gravity.
3. What was the name of the gold insect-like lunar module that accompanied the Apollo 14 mission?
4. Where did Ed Mitchell grow up?
(a) Salem, Massachusetts.
(b) Roswell, New Mexico.
(c) Brooklyn, New York.
(d) Hot Springs, Arkansas.
5. Where was physicist Albert Michelson born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the use of solar cells for energy production called?
2. What is a background substructure filled with things called?
3. Hal Puthoff and Ken Shoulders invented a special device that could fit _____ in the end of a hypodermic needle.
4. The ability of a quantum entity to influence another quantum particle instantaneously over any distance despite there being no change of force or energy is called _____.
5. The Newtonian view of physics says that everything works in a _____ manner.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)