|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a large hole where Jared goes?
(a) In the road on the way to town.
(b) Opposite end from the suitcase.
(c) Where a window is broken in the basement.
(d) In the tree trunk about thirty feet up.
2. What does Mallory think about what is on the floor?
(a) That Jared made the tracks.
(b) She says they are not tracks.
(c) That the dead rat made the tracks before it died.
(d) That a mouse made the tracks.
3. What intensifies Helen Grace's concerns about Jared's morning activities?
(a) That he did not do his home study lesson plans before going out.
(b) Jared is not as atheletic as Mallory or Simon and is too clumsy to climb high trees.
(c) Her thoughts about his possible culpability concerning Mallory's hair and bruises.
(d) Jared has epilepsy and could have an attack while climbing.
4. What is the significance of the word Spiderwick?
(a) It is the name of the old family estate about 70 miles from there.
(b) It is great-aunt Lucinda's maiden name.
(c) It is the name of a cave where Helen Grace and her brother Jared used to play.
(d) Helen Grace does not know the word.
5. What is one reason might the creature be bothering Mallory?
(a) Because the Grace children have invaded its space.
(b) Because Jared disturbed the tree in the yard.
(c) Because Jared found the book.
(d) Because the children do not believe in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from the house?
2. What does Simon say Jared better do at night?
3. What does Jared do once he is outside with what he takes?
4. How is the book illustrated?
5. What do Simon and Mallory exchange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jared think about as to his situation and his aunt Lucinda?
2. How does Mrs. Grace feel when she wakes up Jared in the morning and what does she show him?
3. What does Jared ultimately find in the trunk?
4. How does Jared's mother feel about him going to the attic?
5. What does Jared decide to do to calm the boggart and what does he carry into the house? What is his mother's reaction to Jared's load?
6. What does Jared think might be in the wall?
7. What is Jared doing that night that surprises Simon, what is Simon doing and what is Jared thinking about?
8. How does Jared feel about the trunk in the attic and what does he do with the trunk? What does he find?
9. What does Jared ask their mother about Arthur and what is her reply?
10. Why does Jared decide to go downstairs and what does he do in the kitchen?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)