|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jared decide to do for the creature bothering them?
(a) Try to kill it.
(b) Try to trap it.
(c) Make it a new house.
(d) Try to talk to it.
2. What does Mallory think about what is on the floor?
(a) That the dead rat made the tracks before it died.
(b) That a mouse made the tracks.
(c) She says they are not tracks.
(d) That Jared made the tracks.
3. What surprises Simon about Jared and the book Jared found?
(a) Jared's facination with the book.
(b) Jared's disinterest in the book after his initial excitement.
(c) Jared's unwillingness to let anyone else look at the book.
(d) Jared writing in the book when he has never allowed Simon to do such a thing to any book.
4. What does Mallory ask Jared about her hair?
(a) If Jared thinks Mallory did it herself as a joke.
(b) If Jared did it.
(c) If Jared thinks Simon did it.
(d) If Jared thinks a faerie did it.
5. What does Simon admire as he and Jared are in their room that night?
(a) His arrowhead collection.
(b) His bone collection.
(c) His pet mice.
(d) His butterfly collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about Mallory's hair?
2. What does Jared think may be in a trunk he finds?
3. Where does Jared find a book called Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide?
4. What does Mallory call the book Jared finds?
5. Why is there tension among Mallory, Jared and Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most upsetting thing about the problems downstairs and what does Jared's mother accuse him of concerning Simon's mice?
2. What does Jared ultimately find in the trunk?
3. Why does Jared decide to go downstairs and what does he do in the kitchen?
4. How does Jared answer the accusations, what does Simon believe and what does Jared's mother do to Jared?
5. What does Jared ask Mallory about her hair and what are Mallory's private doubts?
6. What is Jared talking about to Simon when Simon wants to go to sleep?
7. What does Jared think might be in the wall?
8. What does Jared ask their mother about Arthur and what is her reply?
9. What does Simon look at that Jared shows him and what does he wonder?
10. What phrase is Jared thinking about in the poem, and where does he decide to go?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)