|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the bowl Jared had set out?
(a) It is in the oven.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It has disappeared.
(d) It is in the front yard.
2. What does Jared think may be in a trunk he finds?
(d) A body.
3. Who does Jared remember is in a psych hospital?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His great-aunt Lucinda.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His great-grandfather.
4. What is splashed on the walls?
5. About what possible relative does Jared ask?
(a) A relative named Arthur.
(b) His maternal uncle named Jared.
(c) His maternal aunt Mallory.
(d) A great-great grandfather named Simon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jared find a book called Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide?
2. What does Jared's mom recall about Jared's school days?
3. Who does Helen Grace suspect is involved in the Mallory episode?
4. What enrages Helen about what Simon says?
5. Why is Simon crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jared decide to do to calm the boggart and what does he carry into the house? What is his mother's reaction to Jared's load?
2. What does Jared point out in the kitchen and what happens to his evidence?
3. What does Jared ask their mother about Arthur and what is her reply?
4. What does Jared ask Mallory about her hair and what are Mallory's private doubts?
5. How does Jared answer the accusations, what does Simon believe and what does Jared's mother do to Jared?
6. What is Jared doing that night that surprises Simon, what is Simon doing and what is Jared thinking about?
7. What does Jared's mother say to him about his anger?
8. How does Jared's mother feel about him going to the attic?
9. How does Jared feel about the trunk in the attic and what does he do with the trunk? What does he find?
10. What is the attic like?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)