|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jared see on the floor?
(a) Tracks made by the elf.
(b) A message written in the flour.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) Tracks made by the boggart.
2. What does Mallory think about what is on the floor?
(a) That a mouse made the tracks.
(b) She says they are not tracks.
(c) That the dead rat made the tracks before it died.
(d) That Jared made the tracks.
3. Who does Helen Grace suspect is involved in the Mallory episode?
(b) Her uncle.
(d) The Brownies.
4. What do Simon and Mallory exchange?
(c) A strange glance.
5. About what does Jared think concerning mystical creatures?
(a) That they are not friendly.
(b) That they may be all around them.
(c) He is busy putting together a model airplane and not thinking of anything else.
(d) That they are not real.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jared put milk out in the kitchen in a bowl on the floor.
2. What does Jared have to do before he can finish his tracking efforts?
3. What does Jared hear in the morning?
4. Where is there a large hole where Jared goes?
5. Where does Jared decide to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jared decide to do to calm the boggart and what does he carry into the house? What is his mother's reaction to Jared's load?
2. What does Simon look at that Jared shows him and what does he wonder?
3. Why does Jared decide to go downstairs and what does he do in the kitchen?
4. What does Jared ask Mallory about her hair and what are Mallory's private doubts?
5. What is the attic like?
6. What is Jared talking about to Simon when Simon wants to go to sleep?
7. What does Simon speculate to Jared about Mallory's situation and what does Jared say to him? How does Simon react to Jared's suggestion?
8. What does Ms. Grace think about Mallory's situation?
9. How does Jared feel about the trunk in the attic and what does he do with the trunk? What does he find?
10. What does Jared think about as to his situation and his aunt Lucinda?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)