|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jared think he is dealing with as far as what attacked Mallory?
(a) A Boggart.
(b) A Shappart.
(c) A sylvan.
(d) An elf.
2. What does Jared decide to do for the creature bothering them?
(a) Try to talk to it.
(b) Try to trap it.
(c) Try to kill it.
(d) Make it a new house.
3. Who does Simon suspect in the Mallory episode?
(a) The squirrel creature.
(c) Mallory did it to herself for attention.
(d) A poltergeist.
4. What is Helen Grace's biggest concern about Jared's activities that morning?
(a) She is not concerned as she knows Jared can take care of himself.
(b) That he could get in trouble for trespassing into the abandoned building.
(c) That he could fall through the floor of the attic.
(d) That he could fall out of the tall sycamore with the large hole in it.
5. What does Mallory doubt?
(a) If their mother would believe that a faerie had anything to do with that morning.
(b) Who actually did the "crime."
(c) If Simon will ever be a good fencer.
(d) If Jared actually found the book or if someone gave it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jared do once he is outside with what he takes?
2. What are Mallory and Simon doing when Jared next sees them?
3. What does a note say that the children find?
4. How is the children's mother acting as she serves the meal?
5. Where is Mallory bruised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Simon speculate to Jared about Mallory's situation and what does Jared say to him? How does Simon react to Jared's suggestion?
2. What is Jared doing that night that surprises Simon, what is Simon doing and what is Jared thinking about?
3. How does Mrs. Grace feel when she wakes up Jared in the morning and what does she show him?
4. What do Simon and Mallory think about her situation?
5. What does Jared's mother say to him about his anger?
6. What is the attic like?
7. What wakes Jared in the morning, where does he run, what does he see and who else is there with him?
8. What is the most upsetting thing about the problems downstairs and what does Jared's mother accuse him of concerning Simon's mice?
9. What does Jared ask Mallory about her hair and what are Mallory's private doubts?
10. What does Jared ultimately find in the trunk?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)