|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen Grace's biggest concern about Jared's activities that morning?
(a) That he could fall out of the tall sycamore with the large hole in it.
(b) That he could fall through the floor of the attic.
(c) That he could get in trouble for trespassing into the abandoned building.
(d) She is not concerned as she knows Jared can take care of himself.
2. What intensifies Helen Grace's concerns about Jared's morning activities?
(a) Her thoughts about his possible culpability concerning Mallory's hair and bruises.
(b) Jared has epilepsy and could have an attack while climbing.
(c) Jared is not as atheletic as Mallory or Simon and is too clumsy to climb high trees.
(d) That he did not do his home study lesson plans before going out.
3. What does Jared take outside of the house?
(a) A small box.
(b) A black plastic garbage bag.
(c) A brown paper sack.
(d) A large basket.
4. What is one reason might the creature be bothering Mallory?
(a) Because the Grace children have invaded its space.
(b) Because the children do not believe in it.
(c) Because Jared disturbed the tree in the yard.
(d) Because Jared found the book.
5. What is missing from the house?
(a) Simon's pet mice.
(b) Mallory's fencing blade.
(c) The secret books.
(d) The gold coins in the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jared decide to do for the creature bothering them?
2. What does Jared's mom recall about Jared's school days?
3. How is Jared's mother as she wakes him in the morning?
4. About what is Simon talking at the table?
5. How is the children's mother acting as she serves the meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Simon look at that Jared shows him and what does he wonder?
2. What does Jared think might be in the wall?
3. How does Mrs. Grace feel when she wakes up Jared in the morning and what does she show him?
4. Why does Jared decide to go downstairs and what does he do in the kitchen?
5. What does Jared think about as to his situation and his aunt Lucinda?
6. What phrase is Jared thinking about in the poem, and where does he decide to go?
7. What does Ms. Grace think about Mallory's situation?
8. How does Jared feel about the trunk in the attic and what does he do with the trunk? What does he find?
9. What does Jared do with the black plastic garbage bag and what does he see inside it?
10. What does Jared ask their mother about Arthur and what is her reply?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)