|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides an Olympic fencer, what does Jared think his sister Mallory might do when she grows up?
(a) Have five children.
(b) Be in jail.
(c) Live in Paris.
(d) Be president of the United States.
2. What color were the doors on the old house?
(a) Faded grey.
(b) Antique White.
(c) Fire engine Red.
3. What stopped Jared as he was walking towards the wall where he heard a noise?
(a) Sticky goo on the floor.
(b) A hole in the floor.
(c) A creaking board.
(d) Piled up furniture.
4. With what does Simon have the dressers covered?
(a) Glass tanks.
(b) His stereo equipment.
(c) All of his books.
(d) His camping equipment.
5. What was in the Mason jars Simon carries into the house?
(a) Lightning bugs.
(b) Two king snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grace tell Mallory to do?
2. What has made many of the bedrooms dangerous?
3. What inside the wall make Mallory angry?
4. What startled Jared awake the first night?
5. What kind of wallpaper was in some of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jared decide to do with the dumbwaiter, how do his siblings help and how does he fit?
2. What do the Grace children tell Ms. Black when they meet?
3. What is the additional worry about the Graces' new home?
4. How is Jared feeling when he comes back downstairs, what does Mallory tell him and how does their mother hear them? What does their mother tell the children?
5. What does the front door of the Graces' new home look like?
6. Why are Simon and Jared sharing a bedroom?
7. What happens as the dumbwaiter approaches the second floor?
8. What does Mallory tell their mother they are doing and what does Mallory say about Jared?
9. What does Mallory decide to do the first night in the kitchen and where is her mother?
10. What kind of books does Jared see in the second floor room?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)