|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, what is the supposed nature of Brownies?
2. How is the book illustrated?
(a) There are no illustrations.
(b) Photographs are pasted on the pages.
(c) Watercolor pictures.
(d) Ink drawings.
3. What does Jared find when he climbs the staircase?
(a) A cask.
(b) A huge bird's nest.
(c) A trombone case.
(d) A small room.
4. What does Jared do once he is outside with what he takes?
(a) Takes the remains of a weird nest out and leaves it in the yard.
(b) Smashes the box with a hammer.
(c) Burns the entire thing.
(d) Buries the sack.
5. What do Brownies become when they get mad?
(c) All puffed up.
6. What does Jared's mother ask him?
(a) Why he broke her favorite bowl.
(b) What he did with Simon's mice.
(c) Where the serving silver is.
(d) Why he misses his dad so much.
7. Where is Mallory bruised?
(a) On her stomach.
(b) She is not bruised.
(c) On her arm.
(d) On her right leg.
8. Who turns on the light in the kitchen while Jared is waiting?
(a) The brownie.
(d) His mom.
9. What does Mallory doubt?
(a) If Simon will ever be a good fencer.
(b) If Jared actually found the book or if someone gave it to him.
(c) If their mother would believe that a faerie had anything to do with that morning.
(d) Who actually did the "crime."
10. What enrages Helen about what Simon says?
(a) That he sides with his brother even though his brother has killed Simon's pets.
(b) That he is talking nonsense.
(c) That Simon thinks Jared has a good reason for what he did.
(d) That Simon is siding with Mallory as usual.
11. What do Simon and Mallory exchange?
(d) A strange glance.
12. What does Jared's mom ask him to find?
(a) A way to seal the attic hole.
(b) A constructive way to deal with his anger.
(c) A way to seal the basement window.
(d) A way to join the little league team in that town.
13. Who does Helen Grace suspect is involved in the Mallory episode?
(a) Her uncle.
(c) The Brownies.
14. What does Jared's mother suspect?
(a) That Mallory is setting up Jared.
(b) That Jared is acting out because Mallory gets extra privileges.
(c) That Jared is resonsible for the mess in the kitchen.
(d) That Jared is acting out because his father left them.
15. How is the children's mother acting as she serves the meal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jared's mom recall about Jared's school days?
2. Why is there tension among Mallory, Jared and Simon?
3. What does Jared's mother have him do?
4. Who does Simon suspect in the Mallory episode?
5. What does Mallory call the book Jared finds?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)