|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brownies become when they get mad?
(d) All puffed up.
2. What does Mallory doubt?
(a) If Jared actually found the book or if someone gave it to him.
(b) If Simon will ever be a good fencer.
(c) If their mother would believe that a faerie had anything to do with that morning.
(d) Who actually did the "crime."
3. What does Jared's mother have him do?
(a) Go look at the kitchen.
(b) Go look at the sycamore tree in the front yard.
(c) Start in immediately on his home study lessons.
(d) Clean the woodshed.
4. Who turns on the light in the kitchen while Jared is waiting?
(b) The brownie.
(d) His mom.
5. How is Jared's mother as she wakes him in the morning?
6. What does Jared hear in the morning?
(a) Mallory and Simon yelling.
(b) Absolute silence.
(c) Mallory making breakfast.
(d) Mallory screaming.
7. What does Jared find when he climbs the staircase?
(a) A small room.
(b) A huge bird's nest.
(c) A cask.
(d) A trombone case.
8. About what is Simon talking at the table?
(a) The possibility of ghosts in the house.
(b) Some baby birds.
(c) An injured rabbit he finds.
(d) His new tadpoles.
9. What does Jared see on the floor?
(a) Tracks made by the elf.
(b) Tracks made by the boggart.
(c) A message written in the flour.
(d) A dead rat.
10. About what does Jared think concerning mystical creatures?
(a) That they are not friendly.
(b) That they may be all around them.
(c) That they are not real.
(d) He is busy putting together a model airplane and not thinking of anything else.
11. Where does Jared find a book called Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide?
(a) In an unused room in the library in town.
(b) In a trunk in the attic.
(c) In the abandoned building in town.
(d) In the large hole in the tree he climbs.
12. What does Jared do once he is outside with what he takes?
(a) Buries the sack.
(b) Smashes the box with a hammer.
(c) Burns the entire thing.
(d) Takes the remains of a weird nest out and leaves it in the yard.
13. Where does Simon go after leaving Mallory's bedroom?
(a) Outside to go riding.
(b) Outside to look for crickets.
(c) To the basement to find a knife.
(d) To the his bedroom to look for the poem.
14. Why is there tension among Mallory, Jared and Simon?
(a) Because their father is supposed to be coming home soon.
(b) Because Jared tries to order Mallory and Simon around.
(c) Because of what happened to Mallory.
(d) There is not tension; they are best of friends.
15. What enrages Helen about what Simon says?
(a) That he is talking nonsense.
(b) That Simon is siding with Mallory as usual.
(c) That he sides with his brother even though his brother has killed Simon's pets.
(d) That Simon thinks Jared has a good reason for what he did.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jared take outside of the house?
2. What is Jared's response to Mallory's threats?
3. What is the significance of the word Spiderwick?
4. In general, what is the supposed nature of Brownies?
5. What happened to the bowl Jared had set out?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)