|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has made many of the bedrooms dangerous?
(a) All the windows are broken and glass is everywhere.
(b) Leaking roof.
(c) Dead animals lying around.
(d) The walls are sagging.
2. Why is Simon concerned about Mallory punching a hole in the wall?
(a) It could make the wall fall down.
(b) It will produce a lot of dust.
(c) She might hurt the squirrel in the wall.
(d) Their mother might see it.
3. What makes Mallory look like a ghost?
(a) A white nightgown and a white shawl she has over her hair.
(b) Her eyes are shining in the dark.
(c) She has her arms held out to her sides.
(d) Plaster dust in her hair.
4. What tended to drown out the noises of Simon's animals in the children's previous house?
(a) The place was sound proof.
(b) Cars and sirens.
(c) Their father's snoring.
(d) The whine of the refrigerator.
5. What inside the wall make Mallory angry?
(a) Her favorite scarf.
(b) Her fencing gloves.
(c) A doll's head.
(d) Her fencing medal was in the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was poked in the wood in the walls that resembled a snake?
2. What does the book store clerk tell Holly?
3. Why is Mallory waking Jared?
4. What did Jared do to block out the noise in the house?
5. What was stuffed in the space between the boards in the wall?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)