|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children say they cannot send their book by mail?
(a) They don't have enough postage.
(b) The book is too large.
(c) It is too dangerous.
(d) The book is too old.
2. What does the letter in the introduction say happens to the relationship between Holly and Tony?
(a) It changes.
(b) It becomes more acrimonious.
(c) It becomes deeper.
(d) It is tested.
3. Where did the Graces live before moving to Aunt Lucinda's house?
(a) New Jersy.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What does Mallory say she heard about their Aunt Lucinda?
(a) She is not really insane.
(b) She is willing the house to them.
(c) She was starving herself to death.
(d) She is still waiting for her husband to return.
5. Besides an Olympic fencer, what does Jared think his sister Mallory might do when she grows up?
(a) Be president of the United States.
(b) Have five children.
(c) Live in Paris.
(d) Be in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mallory stack on top of a steamer trunk?
2. What stopped Jared as he was walking towards the wall where he heard a noise?
3. What did Jared hear when he stopped walking in the kitchen?
4. What kind of job does Jared think Simon will do when he grows up?
5. What was the only piece of furniture in the dining room?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)