|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was sitting on top of the roof of the new home besides chimneys.
(a) A huge tree branch.
(c) An old iron fence.
(d) A weather vane shaped like a dolphin.
2. What kind of job does Jared think Simon will do when he grows up?
(a) A veterinarian or lion tamer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A physician.
3. What did Jared hear when he stopped walking in the kitchen?
(a) Something scrambling upward inside the wall.
(b) Hissing in the wall.
(c) The scrap of a chair being dragged across the floor.
(d) A low moaning noise in the wall.
4. What kind of relationship do Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi have?
(a) They are married.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) He is her editor.
(d) Long time friends.
5. Where did the Graces live before moving to Aunt Lucinda's house?
(a) New Jersy.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides an Olympic fencer, what does Jared think his sister Mallory might do when she grows up?
2. What was the only piece of furniture in the dining room?
3. What does Jared wish was happening as they are unloading their car?
4. What does Mallory say she heard about their Aunt Lucinda?
5. What kind of wallpaper was in some of the house?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)