|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
2. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
3. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
4. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
5. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
2. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
3. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
4. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
5. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
6. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
7. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
8. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
9. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
10. Summarize this section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Don Jaime become a fencing master? What has fencing taught Don Jaime about life?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Don Jaime consider fencing an art? What would he think about the position of fencing in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What are Don Jaime's views on one of the following subjects.
How has fencing shaped his views on that subject?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)