|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
2. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
3. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
4. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
5. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was happening during the 1860s? How is different is today's Spain to what it was then? How does the author make a story set in the 1860s relevant to modern readers?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Don Jaime consider fencing an art? What would he think about the position of fencing in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What difference does it make to the ideas that the author is trying to convey that he sets the story in the 1860s rather than contemporary society? What do you think his reason was for doing this? Could he convey the same point just as effectively within a contemporary setting?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)