Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Carceles?
2. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
3. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
4. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
5. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Don Jaime's obsession with fencing shield him from every day life? In what ways is this obsession both a strength and weakness?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)