|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
2. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
3. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
4. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
5. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
2. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
3. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
4. Summarize this section?
5. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
6. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
7. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
8. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
9. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
10. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
How did Don Jaime become a fencing master? What has fencing taught Don Jaime about life?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)