Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Carceles?
2. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
3. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
4. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
5. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
Essay Topic 1
What does the story express about Spanish society during the 1860s? How does the author use the setting to also express contemporary concerns?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
What difference does it make to the ideas that the author is trying to convey that he sets the story in the 1860s rather than contemporary society? What do you think his reason was for doing this? Could he convey the same point just as effectively within a contemporary setting?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)