|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
2. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
3. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
4. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
5. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
2. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
3. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
4. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
5. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
6. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
7. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
8. Summarize this section.
9. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
10. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Don Jaime become a fencing master? What has fencing taught Don Jaime about life?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Dona Adela kill Don Luis? What has happened in her life for her to become such a cold person? How does the author slowly unfold her as this cold, vindictive character? what meaning does her character bring to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What were the role of women in 1860s Spain? In what way is the feminism discourse relate to contemporary issues?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)