|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
2. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
3. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
4. What has happened to Carceles?
5. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
2. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
3. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
4. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
5. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
6. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
7. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
8. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
9. Summarize this section?
10. Summarize this section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Don Jaime's views on one of the following subjects.
How has fencing shaped his views on that subject?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Don Jaime consider fencing an art? What would he think about the position of fencing in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Dona Adela kill Don Luis? What has happened in her life for her to become such a cold person? How does the author slowly unfold her as this cold, vindictive character? what meaning does her character bring to the story?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)