|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
2. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
3. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
4. Whose voice does Don Jaime recognize outside his door?
5. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
2. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
3. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
4. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
5. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
6. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
7. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
8. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
9. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
10. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way could Don Jaime be called naive? How has Don Jaime's naivety effected his decisions in the story? Do the students think his naivety to blame for the deaths of his friends? What do the students think Don Jaime has learned from the events in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Don Jaime's obsession with fencing shield him from every day life? In what ways is this obsession both a strength and weakness?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)