|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
2. What did Dona Adela use to kill Don Luis?
3. What was the stab made by?
4. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
5. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
2. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
3. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
4. Summarize this section?
5. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
6. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
7. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
8. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
9. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
10. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Don Jaime's obsession with fencing shield him from every day life? In what ways is this obsession both a strength and weakness?
Essay Topic 2
What are Don Jaime's views on one of the following subjects.
How has fencing shaped his views on that subject?
Essay Topic 3
How did Don Jaime become a fencing master? What has fencing taught Don Jaime about life?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)