|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
2. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
3. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
4. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
5. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
2. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
3. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
4. Summarize this section?
5. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
6. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
7. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
8. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
9. Summarize this section.
10. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What are Don Jaime's views on one of the following subjects.
How has fencing shaped his views on that subject?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)