|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Carceles?
2. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
3. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
4. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
5. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
Essay Topic 1
How does Don Jaime's obsession with fencing shield him from every day life? In what ways is this obsession both a strength and weakness?
Essay Topic 2
How has Don Jaime's past effected the person we meet in the book? In what way could it be said that his past is responsible for some of his negative actions in the story? How does what happen in the story help Don Jaime to face up to his past?
Essay Topic 3
What difference does it make to the ideas that the author is trying to convey that he sets the story in the 1860s rather than contemporary society? What do you think his reason was for doing this? Could he convey the same point just as effectively within a contemporary setting?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)