|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
2. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
3. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
4. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
5. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1860s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What was happening during the 1860s? How is different is today's Spain to what it was then? How does the author make a story set in the 1860s relevant to modern readers?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)