|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
2. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
3. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
4. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
5. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
2. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
3. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
4. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
5. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
6. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
7. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
8. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
9. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
10. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Don Jaime's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Don Jaime hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Don Jaime ideas about life?
3. How has Don Jaime's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Don Jaime become a fencing master? What has fencing taught Don Jaime about life?
Essay Topic 3
Define the following terms;
1. Compound attack.
2. The short lunge.
How does the author use the fencing terms as part of the narrative structure?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)