|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
2. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
3. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
4. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
5. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize this section.
2. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
3. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
4. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
5. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
6. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
7. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
8. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
9. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
10. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Compare Don Jaime's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Don Jaime hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Don Jaime ideas about life?
3. How has Don Jaime's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)