|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Carceles?
2. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
3. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
4. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
5. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
Essay Topic 1
What difference does it make to the ideas that the author is trying to convey that he sets the story in the 1860s rather than contemporary society? What do you think his reason was for doing this? Could he convey the same point just as effectively within a contemporary setting?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What was happening during the 1860s? How is different is today's Spain to what it was then? How does the author make a story set in the 1860s relevant to modern readers?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)