|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
2. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
3. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
4. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
5. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
2. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
3. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
4. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
5. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
6. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
7. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
8. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
9. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
10. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Don Jaime's past effected the person we meet in the book? In what way could it be said that his past is responsible for some of his negative actions in the story? How does what happen in the story help Don Jaime to face up to his past?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)