|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carceles say in his note?
2. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
3. What was the stab made by?
4. Which of the following body parts is missing from the body?
5. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
2. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
3. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
4. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
5. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
6. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
7. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
8. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
9. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
10. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)