Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Carceles?
2. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
3. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
4. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
5. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
Define the following terms;
1. Compound attack.
2. The short lunge.
How does the author use the fencing terms as part of the narrative structure?
How has Don Jaime's past effected the person we meet in the book? In what way could it be said that his past is responsible for some of his negative actions in the story? How does what happen in the story help Don Jaime to face up to his past?
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1860s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)