|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
2. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
3. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
4. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
5. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize this section.
2. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
3. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
4. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
5. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
6. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
7. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
8. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
9. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
10. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)