|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
2. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
3. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
4. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
5. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dona Adela kill Don Luis? What has happened in her life for her to become such a cold person? How does the author slowly unfold her as this cold, vindictive character? what meaning does her character bring to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What are Don Jaime's views on one of the following subjects.
How has fencing shaped his views on that subject?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)