|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Carceles?
2. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
3. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
4. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
5. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
2. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
3. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
4. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
5. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
6. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
7. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
8. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
9. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
10. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Don Jaime's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Don Jaime hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Don Jaime ideas about life?
3. How has Don Jaime's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Don Jaime consider fencing an art? What would he think about the position of fencing in today's society?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)