|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
2. What does Carceles say in his note?
3. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
4. What does the file mostly consist of?
5. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dona Adela kill Don Luis? What has happened in her life for her to become such a cold person? How does the author slowly unfold her as this cold, vindictive character? what meaning does her character bring to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What was happening during the 1860s? How is different is today's Spain to what it was then? How does the author make a story set in the 1860s relevant to modern readers?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)