|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
2. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
3. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
4. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
5. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
2. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
3. Summarize this section.
4. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
5. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
6. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
7. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
8. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
9. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
10. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the following terms;
1. Compound attack.
2. The short lunge.
How does the author use the fencing terms as part of the narrative structure?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)