|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of this section?
2. What has Don Jaime always dreamed of inventing?
3. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
4. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
5. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis de Ayala.
2. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
3. What is masculine about Adela Otero?
4. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
5. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
6. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
7. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
8. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
9. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
10. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Don Jaime become a fencing master? What has fencing taught Don Jaime about life?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
What are Don Jaime's views on one of the following subjects.
How has fencing shaped his views on that subject?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)