Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
2. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
3. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
4. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
5. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
2. How does Don Jaime kill Dona Adela?
3. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
4. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
5. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
6. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
7. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
8. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
9. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
10. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Why does Don Jaime consider fencing an art? What would he think about the position of fencing in today's society?
What does the story express about Spanish society during the 1860s? How does the author use the setting to also express contemporary concerns?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)