|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He picks the lock.
(b) He climbs over the roof.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He digs under the wall.
2. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
3. What does Adela ask Don Jamie for at the beginning of this section?
(a) His passport.
(b) The letter.
(d) His foil.
4. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(d) A foil.
5. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don Jame hears a window break.
(b) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
(c) Don jaime hears a scream.
(d) Don Jaime falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
2. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
3. What was the stab made by?
4. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
5. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
2. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
3. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
4. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
5. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
6. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
7. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
8. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
9. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
10. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)