|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A vodka.
(d) A cigar.
2. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
3. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
(a) He was scared for his life.
(b) He was worried about blackening Don Luis's name.
(c) He was in with Dona Adela.
(d) He was being blackmailed.
4. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
5. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It was all very simple.
(b) There wasn't anything in the file.
(c) The information was in Italian.
(d) It had a letter explaining everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
2. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
3. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
4. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
5. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
2. Summarize this section.
3. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
4. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
5. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
6. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
7. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
8. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
9. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
10. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)