|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
2. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A purse.
(c) An earring.
(d) A ring.
3. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
(a) His torturers.
(c) His father.
(d) Dona Adela.
4. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Dona Esther.
(c) Don Franco.
(d) Don Luis.
5. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He headbutts him.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He stabs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
2. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
3. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
4. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
5. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
2. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
3. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
4. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
5. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
6. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
7. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
8. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
9. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
10. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)