|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
(a) The file can't be found.
(b) Carceles is dead.
(c) He is a suspect in Luis's murder.
(d) Dona Adela is dead.
2. Where does the policeman say they are going?
(a) To the police station.
(b) The art gallery.
(c) To the Cafe Progreso.
(d) To the morgue.
3. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
(a) Find someone else to love.
(b) Get some protection.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Leave Madrid.
4. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A vodka.
(c) A whisky.
(d) A cigar.
5. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
2. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
3. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
4. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
5. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
2. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
3. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
4. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
5. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
6. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
7. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
8. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
9. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
10. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)