|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) Cafe Progreso.
(b) Dona Adela's house.
(c) The fencing school.
(d) The police station.
2. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(a) Tried to commit suidice.
(b) Joined a circus.
(c) Married the first man she met.
3. What does Don Jaime remove from his desk drawer?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A file.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A sword.
4. How did Don Luis die?
(a) A heart attack.
(d) From a stab wound.
5. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
(a) He grabs his sword.
(b) He loads his pistol.
(c) He lights a lamp.
(d) He phones the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
2. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
3. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
4. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
5. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
2. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
3. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
4. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
5. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
6. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
7. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
8. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
9. Summarize this section.
10. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)