|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) A bout.
(b) A punch.
(d) An explanation.
2. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) Dona Adela's house.
(b) The police station.
(c) Cafe Progreso.
(d) The fencing school.
3. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) A sword.
(b) The file.
(c) A shield.
(d) A framed photo.
4. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A vodka.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
5. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A scream.
(c) A knock at the door.
(d) A gun shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
2. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
3. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
4. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
5. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
2. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
3. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
4. Summarize this section?
5. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
6. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
7. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
8. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
9. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
10. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)