|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carceles say in his note?
(a) He has gone to sell the file.
(b) He has gone to check the facts.
(c) He has gone back to Cafe Progreso.
(d) He has been kidnapped.
2. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
(a) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
3. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The night watchman.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(a) The file.
5. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A torch.
(b) A candle.
(c) A match.
(d) A lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
2. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
3. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
4. What was the stab made by?
5. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
2. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
3. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
4. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
5. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
6. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
7. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
8. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
9. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
10. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)