|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) The fencing school.
(b) Dona Adela's house.
(c) Cafe Progreso.
(d) The police station.
2. Why does Don Jaime decide not to hand in Don Jaime's file to the police?
(a) He kept his word.
(b) He wants to protect Luis's reputation.
(c) He wants to talk to Dona Adela first.
(d) He wants to solve the mystery himself.
3. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Dona Adela.
4. Whose voice does Don Jaime recognize outside his door?
(a) Dona Adela's.
(b) Don Luis's.
5. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She was not politically motivated.
(b) She had promised to return his kindness.
(c) She was the only person he could trust.
(d) She had no social contacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
2. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
3. What would have happened to Don Luis if had been willing to hand over the file?
4. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
5. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
2. Summarize this section.
3. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
4. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
5. Summarize this section?
6. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
7. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
8. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
9. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
10. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)