|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Maime him.
2. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She was not politically motivated.
(b) She had no social contacts.
(c) She had promised to return his kindness.
(d) She was the only person he could trust.
3. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
4. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
(a) The government.
(b) The French.
(c) The queen.
(d) The police.
5. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A vodka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
2. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
3. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
4. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
5. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
2. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
3. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
4. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
5. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
6. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
7. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
8. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
9. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
10. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)