|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) He is old.
(b) He knows only how to fence.
(c) It was dark in the room.
(d) He must have been tired.
2. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Unlocks his doors.
(b) Sharpens his sword.
(c) Loads his gun.
(d) Locks the doors.
3. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
4. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
(a) A purse.
(b) A necklace.
(c) An earring.
(d) A ring.
5. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He needed a friend on his side.
(b) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
(c) He didn't understand the file.
(d) He needed a second opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
2. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
3. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
4. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
5. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
2. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
3. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
4. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
5. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
6. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
7. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
8. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
9. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
10. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)