|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
(a) Carceles is dead.
(b) He is a suspect in Luis's murder.
(c) Dona Adela is dead.
(d) The file can't be found.
2. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
3. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A purse.
(d) An earring.
4. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
(a) A scream.
(b) A knock at the door.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) A laugh.
5. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
(a) Talk to Romero.
(b) Talk to Dona Adela.
(c) Destroy the important bits.
(d) Read it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
2. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
3. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
4. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
5. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
2. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
3. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
4. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
5. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
6. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
7. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
8. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
9. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
10. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)