|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Fight her.
(b) Read the letter.
(c) Leave Madrid.
(d) Go to the police.
2. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
(a) Arranged to kill Don Jaime.
(b) Went to her friend's house.
(c) Left Madrid.
(d) Hid in the forests.
3. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
4. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She was the only person he could trust.
(b) She had promised to return his kindness.
(c) She was not politically motivated.
(d) She had no social contacts.
5. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
(a) It was an attack from behind.
(b) It comes from a foil.
(c) It comes from a two hundred escudo thrust.
(d) It comes from a sixty five lunge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
2. Why does Don Jaime decide not to hand in Don Jaime's file to the police?
3. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
4. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
5. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
2. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
3. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
4. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
5. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
6. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
7. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
8. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
9. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
10. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)