|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A child.
(b) A cretin.
(c) A cripple.
(d) A fool.
2. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(b) A son.
(c) A job.
3. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
(b) Don Jaime.
4. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
(a) To offer Don Jaime an explanation.
(b) To kill Don Jaime.
(c) To get Don Jaime on her side.
(d) To recover the missing letter.
5. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(a) Married the first man she met.
(b) Tried to commit suidice.
(c) Joined a circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
2. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
3. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
4. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
5. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
2. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
3. Summarize this section?
4. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
5. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
6. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
7. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
8. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
9. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
10. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)