|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the policeman say they are going?
(a) To the Cafe Progreso.
(b) To the police station.
(c) The art gallery.
(d) To the morgue.
2. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(b) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Jaime.
3. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
(a) He was scared for his life.
(b) He was in with Dona Adela.
(c) He was being blackmailed.
(d) He was worried about blackening Don Luis's name.
4. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
(a) He grabs his arms.
(b) He tries to hit him with a stick.
(c) He tries to cuff him.
(d) He throws a net over his head.
5. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A child.
(b) A cretin.
(c) A fool.
(d) A cripple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
2. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
3. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
4. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
5. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
2. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
3. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
4. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
5. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
6. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
7. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
8. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
9. What reasons does Don Jaime have for protecting Dona Adela?
10. Summarize this section?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)