|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
2. What does Don Jaime remove from his desk drawer?
(a) A sword.
(b) A file.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A revolver.
3. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
(a) It comes from a foil.
(b) It comes from a two hundred escudo thrust.
(c) It comes from a sixty five lunge.
(d) It was an attack from behind.
4. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
(a) He lights a lamp.
(b) He loads his pistol.
(c) He phones the police.
(d) He grabs his sword.
5. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) It was dark in the room.
(b) He knows only how to fence.
(c) He must have been tired.
(d) He is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
2. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
3. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
4. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
5. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
2. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
3. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
4. How do Don Jaime's feelings about Dona Adela change when he sees her dead body?
5. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
6. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
7. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
8. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
9. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
10. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)