|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the stab made by?
(a) A sword.
(b) An axe.
(c) A knife.
(d) A foil.
2. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The fire brigade.
(d) The doctor.
3. What did Dona Adela use to kill Don Luis?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A foil.
(d) A gun.
4. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(a) A job.
(c) A son.
5. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
(a) His torturers.
(b) His father.
(c) Dona Adela.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
2. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
3. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
4. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
5. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
2. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
3. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
4. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
5. Summarize this section?
6. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
7. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
8. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
9. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
10. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)