|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
2. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She is a spy for the French.
(b) She told him she hated Luis.
(c) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
(d) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
3. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
4. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
5. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
(b) Her father.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Don Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
2. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
3. What happens at three in the morning?
4. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
5. What does the file mostly consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can Don Jaime understand from the file?
2. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
3. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
4. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
5. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
6. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
7. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
8. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
9. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
10. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)