|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
(a) To recover the missing letter.
(b) To get Don Jaime on her side.
(c) To kill Don Jaime.
(d) To offer Don Jaime an explanation.
2. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He didn't understand the file.
(b) He needed a friend on his side.
(c) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
(d) He needed a second opinion.
3. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
(a) Carceles is dead.
(b) The file can't be found.
(c) Dona Adela is dead.
(d) He is a suspect in Luis's murder.
4. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Leave Madrid.
(c) Get some protection.
(d) Find someone else to love.
5. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
2. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
3. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
4. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
5. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
2. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
3. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
4. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
5. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
6. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
7. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
8. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
9. Summarize this section?
10. What does Dona Adela tell Don Jaime about her ex-lover?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)