|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carceles say in his note?
(a) He has been kidnapped.
(b) He has gone to check the facts.
(c) He has gone back to Cafe Progreso.
(d) He has gone to sell the file.
2. What does the file mostly consist of?
(a) Plans of buildings.
(b) Official letters.
(d) Minute reports.
3. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) The fencing school.
(b) Cafe Progreso.
(c) Dona Adela's house.
(d) The police station.
4. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Locks the doors.
(b) Unlocks his doors.
(c) Sharpens his sword.
(d) Loads his gun.
5. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It had a letter explaining everything.
(b) It was all very simple.
(c) The information was in Italian.
(d) There wasn't anything in the file.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
2. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
3. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
4. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
5. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
2. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
3. What is Campilo's opinion of Don Jaime and the way he has acted?
4. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
5. Summarize this section.
6. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
7. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
8. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
9. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
10. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)