|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
(a) He grabs his sword.
(b) He phones the police.
(c) He lights a lamp.
(d) He loads his pistol.
2. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
(b) The King.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) The Queen.
3. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) Under his table.
(b) Under the sofa.
(c) On his desk.
(d) Under the sideboard.
4. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
(a) He throws a net over his head.
(b) He tries to hit him with a stick.
(c) He tries to cuff him.
(d) He grabs his arms.
5. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) The file.
(b) A sword.
(c) A framed photo.
(d) A shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
2. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
3. When don't fencing rules apply?
4. What does Carceles say in his note?
5. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
2. What dangers does Don Jaime find in Carceles' residence?
3. What information does Campillo say he has about Dona Adela's death?
4. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
5. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
6. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
7. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
8. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
9. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
10. Summarize this section.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)