|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He headbutts him.
(d) He stabs him.
2. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Dona Ardela.
(d) The queen.
3. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Romero.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Rebecca.
4. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A cretin.
(b) A child.
(c) A cripple.
(d) A fool.
5. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
(a) He was worried about blackening Don Luis's name.
(b) He was in with Dona Adela.
(c) He was being blackmailed.
(d) He was scared for his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
2. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
3. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
4. How did the person in the morgue die?
5. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
2. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
3. What danger is Don Jaime now in?
4. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
5. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be the murderer?
6. Why id Don Jaime so horrified about what has happened to Don Luis?
7. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
8. Why does Dona Adela say Don Jaime didn't understand the file?
9. Summarize this section.
10. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)