|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
(a) She lives alone.
(b) She has never been in love.
(c) She is rich.
(d) She hates men.
2. Why is Romero currently not getting paid?
(a) His students are away.
(b) He is on probation.
(c) He is teaching poor people.
(d) He is sick.
3. Who is Espartero always quoting?
4. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She has a black sense of humor.
(b) She wants to know if he has killed.
(c) She doesn't believe in God.
(d) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
5. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
2. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
3. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
4. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
5. Who should a fencing bout be between?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
2. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
3. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
4. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
5. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
6. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
7. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
8. Describe Luis de Ayala.
9. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
10. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)