|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
(a) He was a war hero.
(b) He was adopted.
(c) His father bought his title.
(d) His mother married well.
2. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(b) For him to teach her son.
(c) For him to teach her.
3. What method does Don Jaime teach?
4. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is a murderer.
(b) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(c) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(d) He thinks she used him for something.
5. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had criticized Montespan.
(b) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
(c) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(d) The man was his rival in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Romero say is against violence?
2. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
3. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
4. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
5. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
2. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
3. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
4. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
5. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
6. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
7. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's depression over his unrequited love for the married woman?
8. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
9. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
10. What does Don Jaime think about Adela's constant questioning?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)