|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
2. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(a) She refuses to say.
(c) Her father.
3. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) A lecturer.
(d) An artist.
4. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
(b) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(c) The man was his rival in love.
(d) The man had criticized Montespan.
5. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He is good looking.
(b) He has a lot to give.
(c) He isn't getting any younger.
(d) He is still young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romero get by without a job?
2. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
3. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
4. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
5. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
2. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
3. How does Carceles react to reading the file?
4. Summarize this section?
5. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
6. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
7. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
8. What does Dona Adela say has been Don Jaime's problem throughout?
9. In what way is Don Jaime already deeply involved in the murder case?
10. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)