|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank did Don Jaime reach in the army?
2. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Dona Suzanna.
(c) Don Cretino.
(d) Dona Adela.
3. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He is still young.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He has a lot to give.
(d) He isn't getting any younger.
4. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Quest.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The Ark.
(d) Mission Impossible.
5. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) He disarms her.
(b) He doesn't fight well.
(c) He refuses to strike her.
(d) Her calls her weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
2. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
3. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
4. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
5. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
2. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
3. Why does Don Jaime think martial war has been declared?
4. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
5. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
6. What does Don Jaime think about Adela's constant questioning?
7. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
8. What is Don Jaime's opinion on God?
9. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
10. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)