|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He berates him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He laughs at him.
2. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He is a natural.
(b) He listens.
(c) He had a good teacher.
(d) He has practiced.
3. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's protective.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He's angry.
(d) He's jealous.
4. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
5. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(b) For him to teach her.
(d) For him to teach her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
2. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
3. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
4. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
5. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
2. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
3. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
4. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
5. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
6. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
7. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
8. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
9. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
10. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)