|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Romero say is against violence?
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Buddhists.
(d) Tne Prostestant Church.
2. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Take possession of a file.
(b) Kill Dona Adela.
(c) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
(d) Stop teaching him.
3. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The French.
(c) The police.
4. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(a) Holy communion.
(c) Christmas mass.
5. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
(a) That she has potential.
(b) That she was not a helpless women.
(c) That he should be afraid of her.
(d) That she was his equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
2. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
3. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
4. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
5. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis de Ayala.
2. What favor does Don Jaime agree to do for Don Luis in this section?
3. What is masculine about Adela Otero?
4. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
5. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
6. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
7. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
8. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
9. What does Don Jaime think about Adela's constant questioning?
10. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)