|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
(a) He would be laughed at.
(b) She does not have enough money.
(c) He has never taught a woman.
(d) She is too beautiful.
2. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
(b) She wants to know if he has killed.
(c) She doesn't believe in God.
(d) She has a black sense of humor.
3. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) A scar at her mouth.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her blacked out eye.
(d) Her strong chin.
4. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
(a) Don Jose.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) Don Iniesta.
(d) Don Campari.
5. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A broken engine.
(b) Broken bellows.
(c) A leaking gas pipe.
(d) A dying man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
2. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
3. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
5. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
2. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's depression over his unrequited love for the married woman?
3. What decision does Don Jaime make when he finds Carceles gone?
4. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
5. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
6. Why does Don Jaime ask the night watchman to send for a doctor?
7. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
8. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
9. Why does Don Jaime start to dislike Dona Adela so intensely?
10. Describe Luis de Ayala.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)