|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He is a natural.
(b) He had a good teacher.
(c) He listens.
(d) He has practiced.
2. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they had a bird in their hand.
(b) As if they holding a baby.
(c) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
(d) As if they were throttling their enemy.
3. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He has a lot to give.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He isn't getting any younger.
(d) He is still young.
4. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(b) Jaime's father.
(c) His own father.
(d) Don Jaime.
5. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Retiro Gardens.
(b) Franklyn Gardens.
(c) Juniper Gardens.
(d) Laurel Gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
2. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
3. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
4. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
5. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
2. What does Don Jaime think about Adela's constant questioning?
3. What favor does Don Jaime agree to do for Don Luis in this section?
4. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
5. What is masculine about Adela Otero?
6. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
7. Describe Luis de Ayala.
8. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
9. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
10. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)