|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men of honor.
(b) Men old enough to understand.
(c) Men with foolish abandon.
2. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
(a) That he should be afraid of her.
(b) That she has potential.
(c) That she was his equal.
(d) That she was not a helpless women.
3. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Stop teaching him.
(b) Take possession of a file.
(c) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
(d) Kill Dona Adela.
4. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man was his rival in love.
(b) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
(c) The man had criticized Montespan.
(d) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
5. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A dying man.
(b) Broken bellows.
(c) A broken engine.
(d) A leaking gas pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
2. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
3. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
4. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
5. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
2. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
3. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
4. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
5. What does Don Jaime think about Adela's constant questioning?
6. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's depression over his unrequited love for the married woman?
7. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
8. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
9. Why does Don Jaime think martial war has been declared?
10. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)