|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
2. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) His home is difficult to break into.
(b) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(c) He is the only honest man he knows.
(d) He rarely talks to other people.
3. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
4. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
(a) A fencing bout.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A boxing match.
(d) A concert.
5. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Don Jaime give Dona Adela to calm her down?
2. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
3. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
4. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
5. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Jaime think about Adela's constant questioning?
2. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
3. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
4. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
5. What favor does Don Jaime agree to do for Don Luis in this section?
6. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
7. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's depression over his unrequited love for the married woman?
8. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
9. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
10. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)