|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He turns on a light.
(c) He pushes her away.
(d) He stands up.
2. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Teaching someone.
(b) Killing someone.
(c) Stealing from someone.
(d) Loving someone.
3. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her strong chin.
(b) Her blacked out eye.
(c) A scar at her mouth.
(d) Her broken nose.
4. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(b) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(c) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(d) If one can defend against the thrust.
5. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
2. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
3. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
4. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
5. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
2. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
3. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
4. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
5. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
6. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
7. Describe Luis de Ayala.
8. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
9. How did Don Jaime become a fencing master?
10. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)