|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Spanish style.
(b) The Italian style.
(c) The French style.
(d) The Greek style.
2. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(b) If one can defend against the thrust.
(c) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(d) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
3. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
4. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
5. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Borrows money.
(c) Sells books.
(d) Sells food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
2. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
3. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
4. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
5. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Don Jaime become a fencing master?
2. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
3. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
4. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
5. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
6. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
7. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
8. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
9. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
10. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)