|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He has practiced.
(b) He had a good teacher.
(c) He is a natural.
(d) He listens.
2. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(b) Her father.
(d) She refuses to say.
3. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her strong chin.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her blacked out eye.
(d) A scar at her mouth.
4. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(b) The man was his rival in love.
(c) The man had criticized Montespan.
(d) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
5. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
(c) Social interaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
2. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
3. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
4. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
5. Who is Espartero always quoting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
2. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
3. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
4. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
5. Describe Luis de Ayala.
6. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
7. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
8. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
9. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
10. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)