|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
2. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela cannot possibly know what he means?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is not clever enough.
(d) She never interacts.
3. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Ark.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) Mission Impossible.
(d) The Quest.
4. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) An artist.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) A lecturer.
(d) An English teacher.
5. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Take possession of a file.
(b) Kill Dona Adela.
(c) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
(d) Stop teaching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
2. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
3. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
4. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
5. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
2. What is Don Jaime's opinion on God?
3. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
4. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's depression over his unrequited love for the married woman?
5. What favor does Don Jaime agree to do for Don Luis in this section?
6. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
7. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
8. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
9. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
10. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)