|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The French.
(c) The police.
2. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
(a) He was adopted.
(b) He was a war hero.
(c) His father bought his title.
(d) His mother married well.
3. Why does Don Jaime leave the cafe early?
(a) To hide Don Luis's file.
(b) To talk to Don Luis.
(c) To practise his fencing moves.
(d) To go for a walk.
4. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A King from afar.
(b) A savior of the people.
(c) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(d) Jesus Christ.
5. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A foreigner.
(c) A hero.
(d) A peasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
2. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
3. Who should a fencing bout be between?
4. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
5. Who is Espartero always quoting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
2. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
3. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
4. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
5. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
6. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
7. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
8. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
9. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
10. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)