|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
2. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
3. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they holding a baby.
(b) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(c) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
(d) As if they had a bird in their hand.
4. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men of honor.
(b) Men old enough to understand.
(c) Men with foolish abandon.
5. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
2. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
3. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
4. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
5. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
2. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
3. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
4. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
5. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
6. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
7. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
8. Describe Luis de Ayala.
9. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's depression over his unrequited love for the married woman?
10. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)