|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Stealing from someone.
(b) Teaching someone.
(c) Killing someone.
(d) Loving someone.
2. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
3. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her strong chin.
(b) Her blacked out eye.
(c) Her broken nose.
(d) A scar at her mouth.
4. What rank did Don Jaime reach in the army?
5. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(b) He thinks she is a murderer.
(c) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(d) He thinks she used him for something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
2. What was strange about the doll?
3. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
4. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
5. Why does Don Jaime leave the cafe early?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
2. What is Don Jaime's opinion on God?
3. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
4. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
5. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
6. Describe Luis de Ayala.
7. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
8. What is masculine about Adela Otero?
9. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
10. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)