|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
(a) She does not have enough money.
(b) He would be laughed at.
(c) She is too beautiful.
(d) He has never taught a woman.
2. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
(a) She pays well.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She has talent.
(d) She has a sense of humor.
3. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A doll.
(b) A knife.
(c) A foil.
(d) A baby.
4. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Quest.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) Mission Impossible.
(d) The Ark.
5. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The police.
(c) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
2. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
3. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
4. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
5. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
2. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
3. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
4. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
5. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
6. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
7. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
8. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
9. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
10. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)