|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
2. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Borrows money.
(c) Sells food.
(d) Sells books.
3. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Another life.
(b) Love and hurt.
(c) Fun times.
(d) Memories and regrets.
4. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(b) He thinks she used him for something.
(c) He thinks she is a murderer.
(d) He thinks she is a sociopath.
5. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(b) He is the only honest man he knows.
(c) He rarely talks to other people.
(d) His home is difficult to break into.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Don Jaime always dreamed of inventing?
2. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
3. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
4. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
5. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
2. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
3. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
4. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
5. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
6. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
7. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
8. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
9. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
10. Describe Luis de Ayala.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)