|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
(b) Social interaction.
2. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(c) Christmas mass.
(d) Holy communion.
3. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He stands up.
(b) He turns on a light.
(c) He pushes her away.
(d) He laughs at her.
4. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
5. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(b) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(c) He thinks she used him for something.
(d) He thinks she is a murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
2. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela cannot possibly know what he means?
3. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
4. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
5. What was strange about the doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
2. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
3. What does Don Jaime think about Adela's constant questioning?
4. What is masculine about Adela Otero?
5. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
6. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
7. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
8. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
9. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
10. What favor does Don Jaime agree to do for Don Luis in this section?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)