|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He is still young.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He has a lot to give.
(d) He isn't getting any younger.
2. Who is Espartero always quoting?
3. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
4. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) She has sent too much money.
(b) She has much to learn.
(c) Don Luis is a cad.
(d) He is in love with her.
5. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Italian style.
(b) The French style.
(c) The Greek style.
(d) The Spanish style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
2. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
3. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
4. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
5. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
2. What is the only thing that Don Jaime knows about Dona Adela's private life?
3. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
4. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
5. How did Don Jaime become a fencing master?
6. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
7. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
8. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
9. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
10. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)