|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(b) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(c) He thinks she used him for something.
(d) He thinks she is a murderer.
2. What drink does Don Jaime give Dona Adela to calm her down?
3. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Juniper Gardens.
(b) Franklyn Gardens.
(c) Retiro Gardens.
(d) Laurel Gardens.
4. What was strange about the doll?
(a) It had no hair.
(b) It had no eyes.
(c) It could talk.
(d) It had no legs.
5. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He pushes her away.
(b) He turns on a light.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He laughs at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
2. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
3. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
4. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
5. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime decide not to flee?
2. Summarize this section?
3. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
4. Why did Dona Adela kill Don Luis?
5. What does the cafe owner tell Don Jaime about the current situation in Spain?
6. How does Don Jaime prepare for the arrival of his attackers?
7. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
8. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
9. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
10. Why does Don Jaime to ask Carceles to read the file?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)