|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to teach her son.
(b) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(d) For him to teach her.
2. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(b) A savior of the people.
(c) A King from afar.
(d) Jesus Christ.
3. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
4. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men with foolish abandon.
(c) Men of honor.
(d) Men old enough to understand.
5. Who dies at the end of this section?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Ayra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Espartero always quoting?
2. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
3. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
4. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
5. What does Carceles use to support his views?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
2. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
3. Describe Luis de Ayala.
4. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
5. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
6. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
7. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
8. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
9. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
10. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)