|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He has practiced.
(b) He is a natural.
(c) He had a good teacher.
(d) He listens.
2. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She is dehydrated.
(b) She hasn't eaten.
(c) It is hot.
(d) She is in love.
3. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He pushes her away.
(c) He turns on a light.
(d) He stands up.
4. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) He is the only honest man he knows.
(b) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(c) He rarely talks to other people.
(d) His home is difficult to break into.
5. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The sixty fist lunge.
(b) The defensive leap.
(c) The wall block.
(d) The two hundred escudo thrust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
2. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
3. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
4. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
5. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
2. How does Don Jaime kill Dona Adela?
3. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
4. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
5. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
6. Why is Don Jaime struggling with what he calls the Holy Grail?
7. What stops Don Jaime from feeling afraid?
8. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
9. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
10. Why does Don Jaime decide to use a pistol in this section?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)