|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(b) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
(c) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
(d) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
2. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Another life.
(b) Memories and regrets.
(c) Fun times.
(d) Love and hurt.
3. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) A hobby.
(b) A sport.
(c) A leisure activity.
(d) An art form.
4. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
5. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
2. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
3. How does Romero get by without a job?
4. What does Carceles use to support his views?
5. Who does Romero say is against violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
2. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
3. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
4. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
5. How does Dona Adela meet Don Luis in this section?
6. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
7. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
8. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
9. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
10. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)