|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strange about the doll?
(a) It had no hair.
(b) It could talk.
(c) It had no legs.
(d) It had no eyes.
2. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
(a) Leaves the door open.
(b) Sings folk songs.
(c) Polished her sword.
(d) Plays Chopin.
3. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Sells food.
(c) Sells books.
(d) Borrows money.
4. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) An artist.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A lecturer.
5. Who dies at the end of this section?
(b) Don Ayra.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
2. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
3. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
4. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
5. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Don Jaime's dream in this section.
2. How does Dona make Don Jaime uncomfortable in this section?
3. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
4. How does Don Jaime react to the Civil Guard fighting the demonstrators in this section?
5. What is Don Jaime's opinion on God?
6. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
7. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
8. Why does Don Jaime think martial war has been declared?
9. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
10. What does Don Jaime closing the shutters on the demonstrators say about how he likes to live his life?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)