|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She hasn't eaten.
(b) She is in love.
(c) She is dehydrated.
(d) It is hot.
2. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) He refuses to strike her.
(b) He doesn't fight well.
(c) Her calls her weak.
(d) He disarms her.
3. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She wants to know if he has killed.
(b) She has a black sense of humor.
(c) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
(d) She doesn't believe in God.
4. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Campari.
(c) Don Jose.
(d) Don Iniesta.
5. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
(a) A fencing mask.
(b) A shin guard.
(c) A chest protector.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
2. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
3. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
4. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
5. What rank did Don Jaime reach in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Cafe Progresso members think about the prospect of civil war?
2. How does Adela Otero convince her to fence?
3. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
4. What information does Don Jaime give Dona Adela about his life in fencing?
5. What is Don Jaime's opinion on God?
6. What does Don Jaime about his loneliness?
7. Describe the room in which Don Jaime waits for Adela Otero.
8. What is Don Jaime's opinion of Manlito?
9. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
10. Why does Don Luis say he admires Don Jaime?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)