|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) He is the only honest man he knows.
(b) His home is difficult to break into.
(c) He rarely talks to other people.
(d) Don Jaime can defend himself.
2. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
3. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Take possession of a file.
(b) Kill Dona Adela.
(c) Stop teaching him.
(d) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
4. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to teach her son.
(c) For him to teach her.
(d) For him to fight her ex-lover.
5. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
(a) Civil law.
(b) Martial law.
(c) National law.
(d) Social law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
2. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
3. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
4. What method does Don Jaime teach?
5. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Adela starts seeing Don Luis?
2. Why isn't the Marquis at his best?
3. What happens at three in the morning in this section?
4. What is Don Jaime's opinion on politics?
5. Why does Don Jaime start to dislike Dona Adela so intensely?
6. What do the police say they already know about Don Luis's murder?
7. How does Don Jaime react after reading the letter?
8. What is Don Jaime's argument against Romero's statement that the Catholic Church isn't violent?
9. What does Don Jaime see at the morgue?
10. How does Don Jaime anger Dona Adela during the first bout?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)