|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) A punch.
(b) An explanation.
(c) A bout.
2. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Read the letter.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Fight her.
(d) Leave Madrid.
3. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
4. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He kicks him.
(c) He head butts him.
(d) He punches him.
5. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
(a) An old man.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) A young man.
(d) Dona Adela.
6. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She is a spy for the French.
(b) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
(c) She told him she hated Luis.
(d) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
7. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
(a) He throws a net over his head.
(b) He tries to hit him with a stick.
(c) He tries to cuff him.
(d) He grabs his arms.
8. Whose voice does Don Jaime recognize outside his door?
(a) Dona Adela's.
(d) Don Luis's.
9. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He broke his arm.
(b) He broke his nose.
(c) He snapped his achilles.
(d) He punctured his lung.
10. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
(a) Find someone else to love.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Leave Madrid.
(d) Get some protection.
11. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
12. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
13. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
14. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
(a) Her chauffer.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her footman.
(d) Her cook.
15. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(b) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime say he is determined not to do?
2. Where does the policeman say they are going?
3. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
4. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
5. What does Adela ask Don Jamie for at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)