|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(a) Dona Ardela.
(c) The queen.
(d) Don Luis.
2. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A vodka.
(d) A cigarette.
3. Which of the following body parts is missing from the body?
4. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
(a) He tries to cuff him.
(b) He tries to hit him with a stick.
(c) He throws a net over his head.
(d) He grabs his arms.
5. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(c) A job.
(d) A son.
6. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
(a) Adela's benefactor.
(b) Adela's family.
7. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She was not politically motivated.
(b) She had no social contacts.
(c) She had promised to return his kindness.
(d) She was the only person he could trust.
8. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
(a) Don Jaime.
9. How did the person in the morgue die?
(b) Heart attack.
10. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Locks the doors.
(b) Loads his gun.
(c) Unlocks his doors.
(d) Sharpens his sword.
11. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He kicks him.
(b) He head butts him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He stabs him.
12. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He dropped the papers.
(b) Someone knocked on the door.
(c) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(d) He blacked out.
13. What does Don Jaime say he is determined not to do?
(b) Give in.
(c) Help the police.
14. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
15. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at three in the morning?
2. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
3. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
4. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
5. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)