|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
(a) Talk to Dona Adela.
(b) Talk to Romero.
(c) Read it.
(d) Destroy the important bits.
2. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He kicks him.
(d) He head butts him.
3. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
4. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
(b) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
(c) She told him she hated Luis.
(d) She is a spy for the French.
5. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He digs under the wall.
(c) He climbs over the roof.
(d) He picks the lock.
6. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
(a) Dona Adela.
(c) The King.
(d) The Queen.
7. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A match.
(b) A lighter.
(c) A torch.
(d) A candle.
8. What did Dona Adela use to kill Don Luis?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A foil.
(d) A sword.
9. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It had a letter explaining everything.
(b) There wasn't anything in the file.
(c) It was all very simple.
(d) The information was in Italian.
10. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Romero.
(d) Dona Rebecca.
11. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
12. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) On his desk.
(b) Under his table.
(c) Under the sideboard.
(d) Under the sofa.
13. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He dropped the papers.
(b) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(c) Someone knocked on the door.
(d) He blacked out.
14. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(c) The file.
15. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
(a) To offer Don Jaime an explanation.
(b) To get Don Jaime on her side.
(c) To kill Don Jaime.
(d) To recover the missing letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
2. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
3. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
4. Which of the following body parts is missing from the body?
5. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)