|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(a) Joined a circus.
(c) Tried to commit suidice.
(d) Married the first man she met.
2. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A vodka.
3. Where does the policeman say they are going?
(a) To the police station.
(b) The art gallery.
(c) To the morgue.
(d) To the Cafe Progreso.
4. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He head butts him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He kicks him.
5. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
(a) He was worried about blackening Don Luis's name.
(b) He was in with Dona Adela.
(c) He was being blackmailed.
(d) He was scared for his life.
6. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Don Romero.
(b) Dona Rebecca.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
7. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) Under the floorboards.
8. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
(a) He throws a net over his head.
(b) He grabs his arms.
(c) He tries to cuff him.
(d) He tries to hit him with a stick.
9. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) The Queen.
(d) The King.
10. How did the person in the morgue die?
(d) Heart attack.
11. What was the stab made by?
(a) An axe.
(b) A sword.
(c) A foil.
(d) A knife.
12. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) The police station.
(b) The fencing school.
(c) Cafe Progreso.
(d) Dona Adela's house.
13. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
14. What does the file mostly consist of?
(a) Official letters.
(b) Minute reports.
(d) Plans of buildings.
15. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
(a) Carceles is dead.
(b) The file can't be found.
(c) He is a suspect in Luis's murder.
(d) Dona Adela is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
2. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
3. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
4. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
5. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)