|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Don Luis die?
(a) From a stab wound.
(b) A heart attack.
2. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) It was dark in the room.
(b) He must have been tired.
(c) He is old.
(d) He knows only how to fence.
3. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) Under the sideboard.
(b) Under the sofa.
(c) On his desk.
(d) Under his table.
4. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
5. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
(a) The French.
(b) The police.
(c) The government.
(d) The queen.
6. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The night watchman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A neighbor.
7. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
(a) Talk to Dona Adela.
(b) Talk to Romero.
(c) Read it.
(d) Destroy the important bits.
8. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Hand it to the police.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Run away with it.
9. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
(a) Her maid.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her chauffer.
(d) Her footman.
10. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) The file.
(b) A framed photo.
(c) A shield.
(d) A sword.
11. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
(b) The fire brigade.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) The doctor.
12. Whose voice does Don Jaime recognize outside his door?
(a) Dona Adela's.
(c) Don Luis's.
13. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
(a) It comes from a foil.
(b) It was an attack from behind.
(c) It comes from a two hundred escudo thrust.
(d) It comes from a sixty five lunge.
14. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(c) The file.
15. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(a) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
2. What does Adela ask Don Jamie for at the beginning of this section?
3. When don't fencing rules apply?
4. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
5. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)