|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
2. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She told him she hated Luis.
(b) She is a spy for the French.
(c) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
(d) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
3. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) On his desk.
(b) Under his table.
(c) Under the sofa.
(d) Under the sideboard.
4. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old man.
5. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It was all very simple.
(b) The information was in Italian.
(c) There wasn't anything in the file.
(d) It had a letter explaining everything.
6. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A knock at the door.
7. Where does the policeman say they are going?
(a) To the police station.
(b) The art gallery.
(c) To the Cafe Progreso.
(d) To the morgue.
8. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
(a) His torturers.
(b) Dona Adela.
(d) His father.
9. What does Carceles say in his note?
(a) He has been kidnapped.
(b) He has gone to sell the file.
(c) He has gone to check the facts.
(d) He has gone back to Cafe Progreso.
10. What does the file mostly consist of?
(a) Plans of buildings.
(b) Minute reports.
(c) Official letters.
11. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
(a) It was an attack from behind.
(b) It comes from a foil.
(c) It comes from a two hundred escudo thrust.
(d) It comes from a sixty five lunge.
12. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
(a) He lights a lamp.
(b) He phones the police.
(c) He grabs his sword.
(d) He loads his pistol.
13. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(a) A job.
(d) A son.
14. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A candle.
(b) A torch.
(c) A match.
(d) A lighter.
15. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
(a) Run away with it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Hand it to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
2. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
3. How did the person in the morgue die?
4. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
5. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)