|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) The night watchman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A neighbor.
2. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In bed.
3. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
(b) Adela's family.
(c) Adela's benefactor.
4. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) The file.
(b) A framed photo.
(c) A sword.
(d) A shield.
5. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
(a) He phones the police.
(b) He grabs his sword.
(c) He loads his pistol.
(d) He lights a lamp.
6. How did the person in the morgue die?
(b) Heart attack.
7. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
(a) Went to her friend's house.
(b) Left Madrid.
(c) Arranged to kill Don Jaime.
(d) Hid in the forests.
8. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It had a letter explaining everything.
(b) There wasn't anything in the file.
(c) It was all very simple.
(d) The information was in Italian.
9. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Run away with it.
(c) Hand it to the police.
(d) Sell it.
10. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
11. What does Don Jaime remove from his desk drawer?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A file.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A sword.
12. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
(b) She told him she hated Luis.
(c) She is a spy for the French.
(d) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
13. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Fight her.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Leave Madrid.
(d) Read the letter.
14. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early afternoon.
15. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He headbutts him.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He punches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
2. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
3. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
4. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
5. What has happened to Carceles?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)