|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Fallen in love.
(b) Taken the file.
(c) Trusted too many people.
(d) Ignored politics.
2. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He dropped the papers.
(b) Someone knocked on the door.
(c) He blacked out.
(d) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
3. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Dona Rebecca.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Don Romero.
4. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(a) Married the first man she met.
(b) Joined a circus.
(c) Tried to commit suidice.
5. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A knock at the door.
6. What does the file mostly consist of?
(a) Plans of buildings.
(b) Official letters.
(c) Minute reports.
7. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
(a) To kill Don Jaime.
(b) To get Don Jaime on her side.
(c) To recover the missing letter.
(d) To offer Don Jaime an explanation.
8. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Get some protection.
(c) Leave Madrid.
(d) Find someone else to love.
9. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) Early afternoon.
10. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
11. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Read the letter.
(b) Leave Madrid.
(c) Go to the police.
(d) Fight her.
12. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
13. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
(b) Adela's family.
(d) Adela's benefactor.
14. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
(a) Arranged to kill Don Jaime.
(b) Went to her friend's house.
(c) Hid in the forests.
(d) Left Madrid.
15. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Maime him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
2. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
3. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
4. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
5. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)