|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It was all very simple.
(b) The information was in Italian.
(c) It had a letter explaining everything.
(d) There wasn't anything in the file.
2. What would have happened to Don Luis if had been willing to hand over the file?
(a) He would have been given a high position.
(b) He would have been killed.
(c) He would have been financially rewarded.
(d) He would have been tortured.
3. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
(a) He needs to go to the police with facts.
(b) He need to have a drink with his friends.
(c) He needs to find Dona Adela first.
(d) He needs to make sure everything is ok with his friend.
4. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
5. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
6. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(a) A job.
(b) A son.
7. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is under government protection.
(c) She has gone on holiday.
(d) She has killed herself.
8. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don Jame hears a window break.
(b) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
(c) Don jaime hears a scream.
(d) Don Jaime falls asleep.
9. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
10. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Maime him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Torture him.
11. Why does Don Jaime decide not to hand in Don Jaime's file to the police?
(a) He wants to solve the mystery himself.
(b) He wants to protect Luis's reputation.
(c) He kept his word.
(d) He wants to talk to Dona Adela first.
12. What has happened to Carceles?
(a) He has been mutilated.
(b) He has been raped.
(c) He had been burned.
(d) He has been killed.
13. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Under the floorboards.
14. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He picks the lock.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He climbs over the roof.
(d) He digs under the wall.
15. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The night watchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
2. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
3. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
4. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
5. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)