|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
(a) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
2. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It was all very simple.
(b) There wasn't anything in the file.
(c) It had a letter explaining everything.
(d) The information was in Italian.
3. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
4. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
(a) Don Jaime.
(b) Dona Ardela.
5. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Dona Rebecca.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Romero.
(d) Don Luis.
6. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He head butts him.
(b) He kicks him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He punches him.
7. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The fire brigade.
(c) A neighbor.
8. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) He must have been tired.
(b) He is old.
(c) It was dark in the room.
(d) He knows only how to fence.
9. What was the stab made by?
(a) An axe.
(b) A foil.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
10. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
(a) The French.
(b) The police.
(c) The government.
(d) The queen.
11. When don't fencing rules apply?
(a) When fighting a non-fencer.
(b) During peace.
(c) When a murder has taken place.
(d) During combat.
12. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(b) The queen.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Ardela.
13. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(b) The file.
14. How did the person in the morgue die?
(a) Heart attack.
15. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
(a) Hand it to the police.
(b) Run away with it.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Sell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime say he is determined not to do?
2. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
3. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
4. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
5. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)