|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(a) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Jaime.
2. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
(b) Don Jaime.
(d) Dona Ardela.
3. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(b) A foil.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
4. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A vodka.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A cigar.
5. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Taken the file.
(b) Trusted too many people.
(c) Ignored politics.
(d) Fallen in love.
6. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
(a) He grabs his arms.
(b) He throws a net over his head.
(c) He tries to cuff him.
(d) He tries to hit him with a stick.
7. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
(a) Read it.
(b) Talk to Romero.
(c) Destroy the important bits.
(d) Talk to Dona Adela.
8. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) On his desk.
(b) Under the sofa.
(c) Under the sideboard.
(d) Under his table.
9. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It had a letter explaining everything.
(b) The information was in Italian.
(c) There wasn't anything in the file.
(d) It was all very simple.
10. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He dropped the papers.
(b) Someone knocked on the door.
(c) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(d) He blacked out.
11. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She is a spy for the French.
(b) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
(c) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
(d) She told him she hated Luis.
12. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
13. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
(a) He grabs his sword.
(b) He phones the police.
(c) He lights a lamp.
(d) He loads his pistol.
14. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(a) A son.
(c) A job.
15. What was the stab made by?
(a) An axe.
(b) A foil.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
2. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
3. What does Don Jaime remove from his desk drawer?
4. Why does Don Jaime decide not to hand in Don Jaime's file to the police?
5. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)