|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
2. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
(a) Her father.
(b) Don Luis.
(d) Don Jaime.
3. What does the file mostly consist of?
(b) Minute reports.
(c) Plans of buildings.
(d) Official letters.
4. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
(a) Don Franco.
(b) Dona Esther.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
5. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
6. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) A framed photo.
(b) A sword.
(c) A shield.
(d) The file.
7. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
(a) He is a suspect in Luis's murder.
(b) The file can't be found.
(c) Dona Adela is dead.
(d) Carceles is dead.
8. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He broke his arm.
(b) He broke his nose.
(c) He punctured his lung.
(d) He snapped his achilles.
9. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
10. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Unlocks his doors.
(b) Locks the doors.
(c) Sharpens his sword.
(d) Loads his gun.
11. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her chauffer.
(d) Her footman.
12. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Ignored politics.
(b) Fallen in love.
(c) Taken the file.
(d) Trusted too many people.
13. Why does Don Jaime decide not to hand in Don Jaime's file to the police?
(a) He wants to protect Luis's reputation.
(b) He kept his word.
(c) He wants to talk to Dona Adela first.
(d) He wants to solve the mystery himself.
14. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A punch.
(c) A bout.
15. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
(a) The queen.
(b) The French.
(c) The government.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
2. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
3. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
4. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
5. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)