|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) A bout.
(b) An explanation.
(d) A punch.
2. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
(a) A young man.
(b) An old man.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
3. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
4. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) The police station.
(b) The fencing school.
(c) Cafe Progreso.
(d) Dona Adela's house.
5. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
6. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Ignored politics.
(b) Taken the file.
(c) Fallen in love.
(d) Trusted too many people.
7. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
(a) He was in with Dona Adela.
(b) He was being blackmailed.
(c) He was worried about blackening Don Luis's name.
(d) He was scared for his life.
8. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
(a) A neighbor.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The fire brigade.
9. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
(a) Under the floorboards.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the basement.
10. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) Late afternoon.
11. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
(a) Hand it to the police.
(b) Run away with it.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Sell it.
12. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) Dona Adela.
13. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
(a) To get Don Jaime on her side.
(b) To recover the missing letter.
(c) To offer Don Jaime an explanation.
(d) To kill Don Jaime.
14. Which of the following body parts is missing from the body?
15. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A fool.
(b) A cretin.
(c) A cripple.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
2. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
3. What was the stab made by?
4. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
5. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)