|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have happened to Don Luis if had been willing to hand over the file?
(a) He would have been given a high position.
(b) He would have been tortured.
(c) He would have been killed.
(d) He would have been financially rewarded.
2. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He picks the lock.
(b) He climbs over the roof.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He digs under the wall.
3. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A cripple.
(b) A fool.
(c) A child.
(d) A cretin.
4. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(a) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A foil.
5. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He kicks him.
(b) He head butts him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He punches him.
6. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
7. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(a) Don Luis.
(c) Dona Ardela.
(d) The queen.
8. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) Under his table.
(b) On his desk.
(c) Under the sideboard.
(d) Under the sofa.
9. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A candle.
(c) A torch.
(d) A match.
10. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(b) The file.
11. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is under government protection.
(c) She has gone on holiday.
(d) She has killed herself.
12. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Don Romero.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) Dona Rebecca.
(d) Don Luis.
13. When don't fencing rules apply?
(a) When fighting a non-fencer.
(b) When a murder has taken place.
(c) During peace.
(d) During combat.
14. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
(a) Her father.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Don Jaime.
15. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
(a) Dona Ardela.
(c) Don Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
2. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
3. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
4. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
5. What does the file mostly consist of?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)