|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) The police station.
(b) Cafe Progreso.
(c) The fencing school.
(d) Dona Adela's house.
2. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Read the letter.
(b) Leave Madrid.
(c) Fight her.
(d) Go to the police.
3. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
(a) He was in with Dona Adela.
(b) He was scared for his life.
(c) He was being blackmailed.
(d) He was worried about blackening Don Luis's name.
4. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
(a) Left Madrid.
(b) Hid in the forests.
(c) Arranged to kill Don Jaime.
(d) Went to her friend's house.
5. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A whisky.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A vodka.
6. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
(a) The doctor.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) The fire brigade.
7. How did Don Luis die?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) From a stab wound.
8. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(a) A foil.
(b) A gun.
(d) A knife.
9. Whose voice does Don Jaime recognize outside his door?
(a) Dona Adela's.
(d) Don Luis's.
10. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He head butts him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He kicks him.
11. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She told him she hated Luis.
(b) She is a spy for the French.
(c) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
(d) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
12. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) Dona Rebecca.
(d) Don Romero.
13. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He headbutts him.
(d) He shoots him.
14. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She had promised to return his kindness.
(b) She had no social contacts.
(c) She was not politically motivated.
(d) She was the only person he could trust.
15. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
(a) Leave Madrid.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Find someone else to love.
(d) Get some protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela ask Don Jamie for at the beginning of this section?
2. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
3. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
4. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
5. What does Carceles say in his note?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)