|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He kicks him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He head butts him.
(d) He punches him.
2. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) He is old.
(b) He knows only how to fence.
(c) He must have been tired.
(d) It was dark in the room.
3. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
4. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He didn't understand the file.
(b) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
(c) He needed a friend on his side.
(d) He needed a second opinion.
5. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
6. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
(a) His torturers.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) His father.
7. What does Don Jaime remove from his desk drawer?
(a) A sword.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A file.
(d) A photograph.
8. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A foil.
9. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The night watchman.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A doctor.
10. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Taken the file.
(b) Fallen in love.
(c) Trusted too many people.
(d) Ignored politics.
11. What does the file mostly consist of?
(b) Minute reports.
(c) Official letters.
(d) Plans of buildings.
12. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) A sword.
(b) A shield.
(c) A framed photo.
(d) The file.
13. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
(a) Read it.
(b) Talk to Romero.
(c) Destroy the important bits.
(d) Talk to Dona Adela.
14. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
15. When don't fencing rules apply?
(a) When a murder has taken place.
(b) During combat.
(c) During peace.
(d) When fighting a non-fencer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
2. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
3. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
4. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
5. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)