|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Dona Ardela.
(c) The queen.
2. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He digs under the wall.
(b) He picks the lock.
(c) He climbs over the roof.
(d) He breaks a window.
3. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Fallen in love.
(b) Taken the file.
(c) Ignored politics.
(d) Trusted too many people.
4. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Hand it to the police.
(c) Run away with it.
(d) Sell it.
5. What has happened to Carceles?
(a) He has been mutilated.
(b) He had been burned.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been raped.
6. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don jaime hears a scream.
(b) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
(c) Don Jaime falls asleep.
(d) Don Jame hears a window break.
7. What does the file mostly consist of?
(a) Official letters.
(c) Plans of buildings.
(d) Minute reports.
8. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He broke his nose.
(b) He punctured his lung.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) He snapped his achilles.
9. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
10. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) The information was in Italian.
(b) It was all very simple.
(c) There wasn't anything in the file.
(d) It had a letter explaining everything.
11. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
12. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Maime him.
13. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
14. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
(a) An earring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A purse.
(d) A ring.
15. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) He must have been tired.
(b) He is old.
(c) It was dark in the room.
(d) He knows only how to fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
2. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
3. Who does Campillo say is the only link to the murders?
4. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
5. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)