|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Don Luis die?
(b) A heart attack.
(c) From a stab wound.
2. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
(c) Adela's family.
(d) Adela's benefactor.
3. What would have happened to Don Luis if had been willing to hand over the file?
(a) He would have been tortured.
(b) He would have been financially rewarded.
(c) He would have been killed.
(d) He would have been given a high position.
4. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He picks the lock.
(c) He digs under the wall.
(d) He climbs over the roof.
5. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Jaime.
6. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She was not politically motivated.
(b) She had promised to return his kindness.
(c) She had no social contacts.
(d) She was the only person he could trust.
7. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
(a) His torturers.
(c) His father.
(d) Dona Adela.
8. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) The night watchman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A doctor.
9. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(a) Married the first man she met.
(b) Tried to commit suidice.
(c) Joined a circus.
10. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
(a) A scream.
(b) A knock at the door.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A gun shot.
11. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) It was dark in the room.
(b) He must have been tired.
(c) He is old.
(d) He knows only how to fence.
12. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
(a) Dona Adela is dead.
(b) Carceles is dead.
(c) He is a suspect in Luis's murder.
(d) The file can't be found.
13. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
14. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) Under his table.
(b) On his desk.
(c) Under the sideboard.
(d) Under the sofa.
15. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) A punch.
(b) An explanation.
(c) A bout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following body parts is missing from the body?
2. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
3. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
4. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
5. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)