|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
2. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(b) Joined a circus.
(c) Married the first man she met.
(d) Tried to commit suidice.
3. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The fire brigade.
(c) A neighbor.
4. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She has gone on holiday.
(c) She is under government protection.
(d) She has killed herself.
5. What was the stab made by?
(a) An axe.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A foil.
6. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
7. Where does the policeman say they are going?
(a) The art gallery.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To the morgue.
(d) To the Cafe Progreso.
8. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A match.
(b) A candle.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A torch.
9. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
(a) Get some protection.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Find someone else to love.
(d) Leave Madrid.
10. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
11. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He picks the lock.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He digs under the wall.
(d) He climbs over the roof.
12. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(b) The queen.
(c) Dona Ardela.
(d) Don Luis.
13. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Fight her.
(b) Leave Madrid.
(c) Read the letter.
(d) Go to the police.
14. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
15. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) The file.
(b) A framed photo.
(c) A shield.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime decide not to hand in Don Jaime's file to the police?
2. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
3. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
4. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
5. What does the file mostly consist of?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)