|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(b) The file.
2. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
(a) Don Franco.
(b) Dona Esther.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
3. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
4. What has happened to Carceles?
(a) He has been mutilated.
(b) He had been burned.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been raped.
5. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A bout.
(c) A punch.
6. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He dropped the papers.
(b) Someone knocked on the door.
(c) He blacked out.
(d) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
7. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Maime him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Kill him.
8. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) An old man.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) A young man.
9. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
(c) Adela's benefactor.
(d) Adela's family.
10. What does Adela ask Don Jamie for at the beginning of this section?
(a) His passport.
(b) His foil.
(c) The letter.
11. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
(a) Find out about Adela's past.
(b) Preserve Adela's name.
(c) Solve the case.
(d) Kill the murderer.
12. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Unlocks his doors.
(b) Sharpens his sword.
(c) Loads his gun.
(d) Locks the doors.
13. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don jaime hears a scream.
(b) Don Jame hears a window break.
(c) Don Jaime falls asleep.
(d) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
14. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
(a) He needs to make sure everything is ok with his friend.
(b) He needs to find Dona Adela first.
(c) He need to have a drink with his friends.
(d) He needs to go to the police with facts.
15. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He headbutts him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
2. How does the second man try to capture Don Jaime?
3. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
4. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
5. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)