|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carceles say in his note?
(a) He has gone to check the facts.
(b) He has been kidnapped.
(c) He has gone to sell the file.
(d) He has gone back to Cafe Progreso.
2. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) The King.
(d) The Queen.
3. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
4. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
(a) Talk to Romero.
(b) Destroy the important bits.
(c) Talk to Dona Adela.
(d) Read it.
5. What has happened to Carceles?
(a) He has been mutilated.
(b) He had been burned.
(c) He has been raped.
(d) He has been killed.
6. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Ignored politics.
(b) Trusted too many people.
(c) Fallen in love.
(d) Taken the file.
7. Who does Don Jaime go to see after his breakfast?
(a) Don Franco.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Dona Esther.
8. What does the file mostly consist of?
(a) Official letters.
(b) Plans of buildings.
(c) Minute reports.
9. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don jaime hears a scream.
(b) Don Jaime falls asleep.
(c) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
(d) Don Jame hears a window break.
10. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Loads his gun.
(b) Sharpens his sword.
(c) Unlocks his doors.
(d) Locks the doors.
11. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He needed a friend on his side.
(b) He didn't understand the file.
(c) He needed a second opinion.
(d) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
12. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(a) A son.
(b) A job.
13. What does Don Jaime say he is determined not to do?
(c) Give in.
(d) Help the police.
14. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A vodka.
15. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) Under the sofa.
(b) Under his table.
(c) On his desk.
(d) Under the sideboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
2. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
3. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
4. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
5. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)