|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He broke his nose.
(b) He punctured his lung.
(c) He snapped his achilles.
(d) He broke his arm.
2. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) He must have been tired.
(b) He knows only how to fence.
(c) He is old.
(d) It was dark in the room.
3. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
4. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
(a) A sword.
(b) A shield.
(c) The file.
(d) A framed photo.
5. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A cretin.
(b) A fool.
(c) A cripple.
(d) A child.
6. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He headbutts him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He shoots him.
7. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Maime him.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Kill him.
8. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He dropped the papers.
(b) He blacked out.
(c) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(d) Someone knocked on the door.
9. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
(a) Don Luis.
(c) Dona Adela.
10. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) Under the sofa.
(b) Under his table.
(c) Under the sideboard.
(d) On his desk.
11. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Trusted too many people.
(b) Taken the file.
(c) Ignored politics.
(d) Fallen in love.
12. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(c) Don Jaime.
(d) Dona Adela.
13. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
(a) It had a letter explaining everything.
(b) There wasn't anything in the file.
(c) It was all very simple.
(d) The information was in Italian.
14. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(a) Dona Ardela.
(b) Don Luis.
(d) The queen.
15. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Sharpens his sword.
(b) Unlocks his doors.
(c) Loads his gun.
(d) Locks the doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
2. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
3. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
4. What does Adela ask Don Jamie for at the beginning of this section?
5. How did the person in the morgue die?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)