|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
(a) Don Jaime.
2. How did Don Luis die?
(a) A heart attack.
(d) From a stab wound.
3. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Under the floorboards.
4. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
(a) Hid in the forests.
(b) Arranged to kill Don Jaime.
(c) Left Madrid.
(d) Went to her friend's house.
5. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
(b) Her father.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Don Jaime.
6. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He needed a friend on his side.
(b) He needed a second opinion.
(c) He didn't understand the file.
(d) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
7. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
8. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
9. How did the person in the morgue die?
(d) Heart attack.
10. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He snapped his achilles.
(b) He broke his nose.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) He punctured his lung.
11. Where does the policeman say they are going?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) To the Cafe Progreso.
(d) The art gallery.
12. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(b) He blacked out.
(c) Someone knocked on the door.
(d) He dropped the papers.
13. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(b) Tried to commit suidice.
(c) Married the first man she met.
(d) Joined a circus.
14. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) He is old.
(b) It was dark in the room.
(c) He knows only how to fence.
(d) He must have been tired.
15. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) The night watchman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
2. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
3. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
4. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
5. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)