|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Adela say the woman did when she broke up with her lover?
(b) Joined a circus.
(c) Married the first man she met.
(d) Tried to commit suidice.
2. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
(b) The King.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) The Queen.
3. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
4. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(b) A gun.
(c) A foil.
(d) A knife.
5. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her footman.
(c) Her chauffer.
(d) Her maid.
6. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
(a) Left Madrid.
(b) Arranged to kill Don Jaime.
(c) Hid in the forests.
(d) Went to her friend's house.
7. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He broke his nose.
(b) He broke his arm.
(c) He punctured his lung.
(d) He snapped his achilles.
8. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(a) The file.
9. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don jaime hears a scream.
(b) Don Jame hears a window break.
(c) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
(d) Don Jaime falls asleep.
10. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
11. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Sharpens his sword.
(b) Locks the doors.
(c) Unlocks his doors.
(d) Loads his gun.
12. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
(a) He need to have a drink with his friends.
(b) He needs to go to the police with facts.
(c) He needs to find Dona Adela first.
(d) He needs to make sure everything is ok with his friend.
13. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The night watchman.
14. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
(a) His torturers.
(b) His father.
(d) Dona Adela.
15. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He dropped the papers.
(b) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(c) He blacked out.
(d) Someone knocked on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
2. What does Don Jaime remove from his desk drawer?
3. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
4. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
5. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)