|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Jaime head to at the end of this section?
(a) Dona Adela's house.
(b) The fencing school.
(c) The police station.
(d) Cafe Progreso.
2. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) A punch.
(b) An explanation.
(c) A bout.
3. Why does Don Jaime decide not to hand in Don Jaime's file to the police?
(a) He wants to talk to Dona Adela first.
(b) He wants to solve the mystery himself.
(c) He kept his word.
(d) He wants to protect Luis's reputation.
4. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
(a) Kill the murderer.
(b) Preserve Adela's name.
(c) Solve the case.
(d) Find out about Adela's past.
5. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He headbutts him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He punches him.
6. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Maime him.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Arrest him.
7. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
(a) Late afternoon.
(d) Early afternoon.
8. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She had no social contacts.
(b) She was not politically motivated.
(c) She was the only person he could trust.
(d) She had promised to return his kindness.
9. What does Adela ask Don Jamie for at the beginning of this section?
(a) The letter.
(b) His foil.
(d) His passport.
10. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Jaime.
11. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) Someone knocked on the door.
(b) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(c) He blacked out.
(d) He dropped the papers.
12. What was the stab made by?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sword.
(c) A foil.
(d) An axe.
13. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He picks the lock.
(b) He climbs over the roof.
(c) He digs under the wall.
(d) He breaks a window.
14. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Read the letter.
(b) Leave Madrid.
(c) Go to the police.
(d) Fight her.
15. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
2. What does Don Jaime place the revolver next to?
3. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
4. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
5. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)