|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body does Don Jaime identify in chapter ten?
(b) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
2. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
(b) The Queen.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) The King.
3. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
(a) Find out about Adela's past.
(b) Preserve Adela's name.
(c) Kill the murderer.
(d) Solve the case.
4. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) A laugh.
(c) A scream.
(d) A knock at the door.
5. Whose voice does Don Jaime recognize outside his door?
(c) Don Luis's.
(d) Dona Adela's.
6. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
(b) He didn't understand the file.
(c) He needed a second opinion.
(d) He needed a friend on his side.
7. Who does Campillo ask Don Jaime if he knows?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Dona Rebecca.
(c) Don Romero.
(d) Dona Adela.
8. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
9. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) A bout.
(b) A punch.
(c) An explanation.
10. How did the person in the morgue die?
(c) Heart attack.
11. What does Don Jaime think that Dona Ardela intends to do if he doesn't hand over the document?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Maime him.
12. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
(a) Get some protection.
(b) Find someone else to love.
(c) Leave Madrid.
(d) Find a new job.
13. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A cretin.
(b) A cripple.
(c) A child.
(d) A fool.
14. What does Adela say that Carceles was trying to do with the file?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Run away with it.
(c) Hand it to the police.
(d) Sell it.
15. What bad news does Don Jaime receive at the end of this section?
(a) Dona Adela is dead.
(b) Carceles is dead.
(c) He is a suspect in Luis's murder.
(d) The file can't be found.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
2. Why does Don Jaime say he didn't disclose the truth to the police?
3. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
4. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
5. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)