|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He punctured his lung.
(b) He broke his arm.
(c) He broke his nose.
(d) He snapped his achilles.
2. What does Don Jaime want to do before he hands over the file to the police?
(a) Talk to Dona Adela.
(b) Destroy the important bits.
(c) Talk to Romero.
(d) Read it.
3. Which of the following body parts is missing from the body?
4. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A candle.
(b) A torch.
(c) A match.
(d) A lighter.
5. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
6. What does Don Jaime remember happened when he picked up the file?
(a) He blacked out.
(b) Someone knocked on the door.
(c) He threw away what he thought was scrap paper.
(d) He dropped the papers.
7. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don Jaime falls asleep.
(b) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
(c) Don Jame hears a window break.
(d) Don jaime hears a scream.
8. How did the person in the morgue die?
(b) Heart attack.
9. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late afternoon.
10. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
(a) A child.
(b) A fool.
(c) A cretin.
(d) A cripple.
11. Who does Don Jaime tell Campillo he was trying to protect?
(a) Dona Ardela.
(b) The queen.
(c) Don Luis.
12. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
13. Why did the man ask the woman to help him with the file?
(a) She was not politically motivated.
(b) She had promised to return his kindness.
(c) She had no social contacts.
(d) She was the only person he could trust.
14. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He headbutts him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He punches him.
15. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He needed a second opinion.
(b) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
(c) He didn't understand the file.
(d) He needed a friend on his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
2. What do the police say have been taken from Don Jaime's safes?
3. Why is Dona Adela confused that Don Jaime did not understand the file?
4. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
5. How did Don Luis die?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)