|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela could be responsible for killing Don Luis?
(a) She told him she hated Luis.
(b) She used his fencing techniques to kill him.
(c) She left her handkerchief at the scene.
(d) She is a spy for the French.
2. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
3. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He climbs over the roof.
(b) He picks the lock.
(c) He digs under the wall.
(d) He breaks a window.
4. How did the person in the morgue die?
(a) Heart attack.
5. When don't fencing rules apply?
(a) During peace.
(b) When a murder has taken place.
(c) During combat.
(d) When fighting a non-fencer.
6. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) Under the sideboard.
(b) On his desk.
(c) Under his table.
(d) Under the sofa.
7. What has happened to Carceles?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He had been burned.
(c) He has been raped.
(d) He has been mutilated.
8. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
(a) He punctured his lung.
(b) He snapped his achilles.
(c) He broke his nose.
(d) He broke his arm.
9. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
(a) An earring.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A purse.
10. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young man.
(d) Don Luis.
11. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(c) A son.
(d) A job.
12. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A match.
(b) A candle.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A torch.
13. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
14. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The night watchman.
(d) A policeman.
15. How does Don Jaime hurt the first man?
(a) He head butts him.
(b) He kicks him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He stabs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
2. Where does the policeman say they are going?
3. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
4. What is the first thing Don Jaime does when Dona Adela enters the room?
5. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)