|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime vow to do in chapter eleven?
(a) Find out about Adela's past.
(b) Preserve Adela's name.
(c) Solve the case.
(d) Kill the murderer.
2. Why does Campillo say he can't contact Dona Adela?
(a) She is under government protection.
(b) She has gone on holiday.
(c) She is missing.
(d) She has killed herself.
3. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
(a) He needed a friend on his side.
(b) He didn't understand the file.
(c) He wasn't strong enough to go alone.
(d) He needed a second opinion.
4. What does Don Jaime feel when he thinks about his dead friends?
5. Where does Don Jaime find the missing letter?
(a) On his desk.
(b) Under the sideboard.
(c) Under his table.
(d) Under the sofa.
6. Who does Don Jaime say he will go to with the file?
(a) The queen.
(b) The police.
(c) The French.
(d) The government.
7. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Fallen in love.
(b) Taken the file.
(c) Ignored politics.
(d) Trusted too many people.
8. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
(b) Adela's family.
(c) Adela's benefactor.
9. What has happened to Carceles?
(a) He had been burned.
(b) He has been raped.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been mutilated.
10. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
11. Why does Campillo say he is surprised that Don Jaime survived the attack?
(a) He knows only how to fence.
(b) He is old.
(c) He must have been tired.
(d) It was dark in the room.
12. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
13. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) The night watchman.
14. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
15. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
2. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
3. Which of the following does Don Jaime tell the night watchman to send for?
4. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
5. How did the person in the morgue die?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)