|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dona Adela say she did after killing Don Luis?
(a) Left Madrid.
(b) Went to her friend's house.
(c) Arranged to kill Don Jaime.
(d) Hid in the forests.
2. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
(a) An earring.
(b) A ring.
(c) A purse.
(d) A necklace.
3. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The night watchman.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does Don Jaime do before he refills his coffee and sits and waits?
(a) Loads his gun.
(b) Unlocks his doors.
(c) Sharpens his sword.
(d) Locks the doors.
5. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(a) A foil.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
6. What did Dona Adela use to kill Don Luis?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A foil.
7. What does Dona Adela plead Don Jaime not to do?
(a) Leave Madrid.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Fight her.
(d) Read the letter.
8. What happens at three in the morning?
(a) Don Jaime falls asleep.
(b) Don Jame hears a window break.
(c) Don jaime hears a scream.
(d) Don Jaime hears a knock on the door.
9. Who does Don Jaime thinks he sees watching him in this section?
(a) An old man.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) A young man.
(d) Don Luis.
10. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
11. What has happened to Carceles?
(a) He has been raped.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He has been mutilated.
(d) He had been burned.
12. Who does Carceles say has the documents?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Dona Adela.
13. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
(a) Don Jaime.
(b) Don Luis.
(d) Her father.
14. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
(a) To get Don Jaime on her side.
(b) To kill Don Jaime.
(c) To recover the missing letter.
(d) To offer Don Jaime an explanation.
15. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
2. Who does the policeman say has sent him?
3. Why does Don Jaime say he involved Carceles?
4. What does Campillo tell Don Jaime he has behaved like?
5. What horrifies Don Jamie about the stab wound?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)