|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime decide to ask to read the file for him?
2. Who did Dona Adela arrange for the two thugs to kill?
(b) Don Jaime.
3. What country was Adela living in before she came to Spain?
4. Where does the policeman say they are going?
(a) To the Cafe Progreso.
(b) The art gallery.
(c) To the police station.
(d) To the morgue.
5. Who does Adela claim tried to blackmail her?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Her father.
6. What does Dona Ardela ask for when Don Jaime asks for the identity of the dead woman?
(a) The file.
7. What is inside Don Jaime's new walking stick?
(a) A foil.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
8. What is the name of Don Adela's maid?
9. What does Carceles say in his note?
(a) He has gone to check the facts.
(b) He has gone to sell the file.
(c) He has gone back to Cafe Progreso.
(d) He has been kidnapped.
10. What does Dona Adela say she owes Don Jaime?
(a) A bout.
(b) An explanation.
(d) A punch.
11. What does Campilo ask is Don Luis ever discussed with him?
12. What did the new man in the woman's life ask for in return for helping her?
(c) A son.
(d) A job.
13. What is Dona Adela's purpose for her visit?
(a) To kill Don Jaime.
(b) To recover the missing letter.
(c) To get Don Jaime on her side.
(d) To offer Don Jaime an explanation.
14. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He climbs over the roof.
(c) He picks the lock.
(d) He digs under the wall.
15. What does Don Adela say that Don Jaime has done wrong?
(a) Ignored politics.
(b) Fallen in love.
(c) Taken the file.
(d) Trusted too many people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to arrive after the attackers flee?
2. What did Dona Adela use to kill Don Luis?
3. How does Don Jaime hurt the second man?
4. Which of Don Adela's employees are the police unable to find?
5. What subject does Don Jaime say that Carceles understood well?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)