|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
2. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Killing someone.
(b) Teaching someone.
(c) Stealing from someone.
(d) Loving someone.
3. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A King from afar.
(b) A savior of the people.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) A rival to the Spanish throne.
4. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(b) His business is fencing.
(c) He doesn't understand politics.
(d) He hates politics.
5. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
6. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(a) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
7. Who dies at the end of this section?
(a) Don Jaime.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Ayra.
8. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Don Cretino.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Suzanna.
9. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A politcal speech.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A radio monologue.
(d) A photograph.
10. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
11. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Sells books.
(c) Sells food.
(d) Borrows money.
12. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
(a) That she has potential.
(b) That he should be afraid of her.
(c) That she was his equal.
(d) That she was not a helpless women.
13. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
(a) The Rome Fencing School.
(b) The Rome Academy of Arms.
(c) The Paris Academy of Arms.
(d) The Paris Fencing School.
14. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
(a) A wrestling match.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A fencing bout.
(d) A concert.
15. Why does Don Jaime leave the cafe early?
(a) To talk to Don Luis.
(b) To go for a walk.
(c) To practise his fencing moves.
(d) To hide Don Luis's file.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did Don Jaime have his second duel?
2. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
3. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
4. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
5. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)