|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men with foolish abandon.
(c) Men of honor.
(d) Men old enough to understand.
2. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
3. Who is Espartero always quoting?
4. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A foreigner.
(c) A hero.
(d) A soldier.
5. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(a) She refuses to say.
(c) Her father.
6. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He isn't getting any younger.
(b) He is still young.
(c) He is good looking.
(d) He has a lot to give.
7. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He listens.
(b) He has practiced.
(c) He had a good teacher.
(d) He is a natural.
8. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He stands up.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He turns on a light.
(d) He pushes her away.
9. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(b) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
(c) As if they had a bird in their hand.
(d) As if they holding a baby.
10. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
(a) A wrestling match.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A fencing bout.
(d) A concert.
11. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
12. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
(b) She has a black sense of humor.
(c) She wants to know if he has killed.
(d) She doesn't believe in God.
13. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Laurel Gardens.
(b) Franklyn Gardens.
(c) Retiro Gardens.
(d) Juniper Gardens.
14. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
(a) A fencing mask.
(b) A box.
(c) A chest protector.
(d) A shin guard.
15. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Campari.
(c) Don Jose.
(d) Don Iniesta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
2. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
3. What was strange about the doll?
4. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
5. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)