|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(b) He hates politics.
(c) He doesn't understand politics.
(d) His business is fencing.
2. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
(a) That she was his equal.
(b) That she was not a helpless women.
(c) That he should be afraid of her.
(d) That she has potential.
3. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) He berates him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He ignores him.
4. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He had a good teacher.
(b) He has practiced.
(c) He is a natural.
(d) He listens.
5. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Another life.
(b) Memories and regrets.
(c) Love and hurt.
(d) Fun times.
6. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
7. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
(a) National law.
(b) Social law.
(c) Civil law.
(d) Martial law.
8. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
(a) Social interaction.
9. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A dying man.
(b) A broken engine.
(c) A leaking gas pipe.
(d) Broken bellows.
10. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
(a) She lives alone.
(b) She is rich.
(c) She hates men.
(d) She has never been in love.
11. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(b) His home is difficult to break into.
(c) He is the only honest man he knows.
(d) He rarely talks to other people.
12. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
(a) A nuclear war.
(b) A world war.
(c) A European war.
(d) A civil war.
13. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(b) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
(c) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(d) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
14. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
15. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He is still young.
(b) He isn't getting any younger.
(c) He has a lot to give.
(d) He is good looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
2. Who does Romero say is against violence?
3. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
4. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
5. How does Romero get by without a job?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)