|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(a) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Luis.
2. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Sells food.
(c) Sells books.
(d) Borrows money.
3. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
4. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
5. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He hates politics.
(b) He doesn't understand politics.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He agrees with everyone and no one.
6. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
7. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) Mission Impossible.
(b) The Ark.
(c) The Quest.
(d) The Holy Grail.
8. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Stop teaching him.
(b) Take possession of a file.
(c) Kill Dona Adela.
(d) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
9. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Loving someone.
(b) Stealing from someone.
(c) Teaching someone.
(d) Killing someone.
10. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
11. What method does Don Jaime teach?
12. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He's protective.
(c) He's jealous.
(d) He's angry.
13. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(a) Christmas mass.
(d) Holy communion.
14. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(b) His home is difficult to break into.
(c) He is the only honest man he knows.
(d) He rarely talks to other people.
15. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(b) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(c) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(d) If one can defend against the thrust.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Don Jaime say he fell in love?
2. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
3. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
4. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
5. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)