|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
2. Why does Don Jaime leave the cafe early?
(a) To practise his fencing moves.
(b) To go for a walk.
(c) To talk to Don Luis.
(d) To hide Don Luis's file.
3. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(b) For him to teach her.
(c) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(d) For him to teach her son.
4. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
5. In which city did Don Jaime have his second duel?
6. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
7. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
8. In which city does Don Jaime say he fell in love?
9. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(a) She refuses to say.
(b) Her father.
10. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(b) A King from afar.
(c) A savior of the people.
(d) Jesus Christ.
11. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she used him for something.
(b) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(c) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(d) He thinks she is a murderer.
12. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Cretino.
(c) Dona Suzanna.
(d) Don Luis.
13. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
(a) That he should be afraid of her.
(b) That she was his equal.
(c) That she was not a helpless women.
(d) That she has potential.
14. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) A scar at her mouth.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her blacked out eye.
(d) Her strong chin.
15. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
2. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
3. Who does Romero say is against violence?
4. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
5. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)