|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(a) Christmas mass.
(d) Holy communion.
2. What drink does Don Jaime give Dona Adela to calm her down?
3. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to teach her.
(c) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(d) For him to teach her son.
4. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He stands up.
(b) He pushes her away.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He turns on a light.
5. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He doesn't understand politics.
(b) He hates politics.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He agrees with everyone and no one.
6. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(b) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(c) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(d) If one can defend against the thrust.
7. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) Her calls her weak.
(b) He disarms her.
(c) He refuses to strike her.
(d) He doesn't fight well.
8. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(b) His home is difficult to break into.
(c) He is the only honest man he knows.
(d) He rarely talks to other people.
9. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Ark.
(b) The Quest.
(c) Mission Impossible.
(d) The Holy Grail.
10. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
11. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Cretino.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Dona Suzanna.
12. What was strange about the doll?
(a) It had no eyes.
(b) It could talk.
(c) It had no legs.
(d) It had no hair.
13. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(a) Her father.
(c) She refuses to say.
14. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
(a) Sings folk songs.
(b) Plays Chopin.
(c) Leaves the door open.
(d) Polished her sword.
15. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Memories and regrets.
(b) Fun times.
(c) Love and hurt.
(d) Another life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
2. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela cannot possibly know what he means?
3. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
4. Why does Don Jaime leave the cafe early?
5. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)