|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(a) Her father.
(c) She refuses to say.
2. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(b) The sixty fist lunge.
(c) The wall block.
(d) The defensive leap.
3. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
4. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(b) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(c) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(d) If one can defend against the thrust.
5. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) An artist.
(b) An English teacher.
(c) A lecturer.
(d) A music teacher.
6. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) A scar at her mouth.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her blacked out eye.
(d) Her strong chin.
7. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Cretino.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Dona Suzanna.
8. Why does Don Jaime leave the cafe early?
(a) To talk to Don Luis.
(b) To go for a walk.
(c) To hide Don Luis's file.
(d) To practise his fencing moves.
9. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) She has much to learn.
(b) She has sent too much money.
(c) Don Luis is a cad.
(d) He is in love with her.
10. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
11. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
12. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A knife.
(b) A baby.
(c) A doll.
(d) A foil.
13. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He berates him.
(d) He laughs at him.
14. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
15. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
(a) A fencing mask.
(b) A chest protector.
(c) A shin guard.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
2. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
3. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
4. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
5. In which city does Don Jaime say he fell in love?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)