|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(a) His own father.
(c) Jaime's father.
(d) Don Jaime.
2. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Ark.
(b) The Quest.
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) Mission Impossible.
3. Who is Espartero always quoting?
4. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A hero.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A foreigner.
5. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(b) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
(c) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(d) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
6. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
7. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A friend's house.
8. What drink does Don Jaime give Dona Adela to calm her down?
9. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The defensive leap.
(b) The sixty fist lunge.
(c) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(d) The wall block.
10. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He hates politics.
(b) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He doesn't understand politics.
11. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(b) It is a philosophy and not an art.
(c) It is an art and not a sport.
(d) It is a sport and not a hobby.
12. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
13. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(b) A King from afar.
(c) A savior of the people.
(d) Jesus Christ.
14. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
15. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Greek style.
(b) The Spanish style.
(c) The Italian style.
(d) The French style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
2. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
3. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
4. Why is Romero currently not getting paid?
5. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)