|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(b) A King from afar.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) A savior of the people.
2. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Loving someone.
(b) Killing someone.
(c) Teaching someone.
(d) Stealing from someone.
3. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A radio monologue.
(c) A politcal speech.
(d) A photograph.
4. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
5. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The police.
(b) The French.
6. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
(b) Social interaction.
7. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Italian style.
(b) The Spanish style.
(c) The French style.
(d) The Greek style.
8. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
(a) A foreigner.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A hero.
(d) A soldier.
9. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) An artist.
(c) A lecturer.
(d) An English teacher.
10. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He isn't getting any younger.
(b) He has a lot to give.
(c) He is still young.
(d) He is good looking.
11. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He pushes her away.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He turns on a light.
12. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She has a black sense of humor.
(b) She wants to know if he has killed.
(c) She doesn't believe in God.
(d) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
13. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Ark.
(b) The Quest.
(c) Mission Impossible.
(d) The Holy Grail.
14. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If one can defend against the thrust.
(b) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(c) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(d) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
15. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
2. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
3. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
4. What drink does Don Jaime give Dona Adela to calm her down?
5. Why is Romero currently not getting paid?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)