|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He isn't getting any younger.
(b) He has a lot to give.
(c) He is good looking.
(d) He is still young.
2. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's protective.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He's jealous.
(d) He's angry.
3. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
4. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He hates politics.
(b) He doesn't understand politics.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He agrees with everyone and no one.
5. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Luis.
6. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) He doesn't fight well.
(b) He disarms her.
(c) He refuses to strike her.
(d) Her calls her weak.
7. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
(a) Polished her sword.
(b) Leaves the door open.
(c) Sings folk songs.
(d) Plays Chopin.
8. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
(a) His father bought his title.
(b) His mother married well.
(c) He was a war hero.
(d) He was adopted.
9. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Greeks.
(d) The East.
10. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A dying man.
(b) A leaking gas pipe.
(c) A broken engine.
(d) Broken bellows.
11. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A friend's house.
12. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Loving someone.
(b) Stealing from someone.
(c) Teaching someone.
(d) Killing someone.
13. What drink does Don Jaime give Dona Adela to calm her down?
14. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He berates him.
(d) He hits him.
15. Who does Romero say is against violence?
(a) The Buddhists.
(b) Tne Prostestant Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
2. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
3. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
4. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
5. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)