|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He has practiced.
(b) He listens.
(c) He is a natural.
(d) He had a good teacher.
2. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He doesn't understand politics.
(b) His business is fencing.
(c) He hates politics.
(d) He agrees with everyone and no one.
3. What method does Don Jaime teach?
4. Who is Espartero always quoting?
5. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) Don Cretino.
(d) Dona Suzanna.
6. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She hasn't eaten.
(b) She is in love.
(c) It is hot.
(d) She is dehydrated.
7. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He's protective.
(c) He's jealous.
(d) He's angry.
8. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He is still young.
(b) He has a lot to give.
(c) He is good looking.
(d) He isn't getting any younger.
9. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
(a) A European war.
(b) A world war.
(c) A nuclear war.
(d) A civil war.
10. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
(a) She pays well.
(b) She has talent.
(c) She has a sense of humor.
(d) She is beautiful.
11. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) His home is difficult to break into.
(b) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(c) He is the only honest man he knows.
(d) He rarely talks to other people.
12. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) A scar at her mouth.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her blacked out eye.
(d) Her strong chin.
13. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
(a) She is too beautiful.
(b) He has never taught a woman.
(c) He would be laughed at.
(d) She does not have enough money.
14. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) An art form.
(b) A leisure activity.
(c) A hobby.
(d) A sport.
15. Why is Romero currently not getting paid?
(a) He is teaching poor people.
(b) He is on probation.
(c) He is sick.
(d) His students are away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
2. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
3. In which city did Don Jaime have his second duel?
4. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
5. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)