|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) She has sent too much money.
(b) Don Luis is a cad.
(c) She has much to learn.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
(a) Leaves the door open.
(b) Polished her sword.
(c) Plays Chopin.
(d) Sings folk songs.
3. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
4. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
5. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
(a) Don Iniesta.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) Don Campari.
(d) Don Jose.
6. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) An art form.
(b) A sport.
(c) A leisure activity.
(d) A hobby.
7. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
(b) As if they holding a baby.
(c) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(d) As if they had a bird in their hand.
8. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A King from afar.
(b) A savior of the people.
(c) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(d) Jesus Christ.
9. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Greek style.
(b) The French style.
(c) The Italian style.
(d) The Spanish style.
10. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She is late.
(d) She is angry.
11. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
12. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
(a) Civil law.
(b) National law.
(c) Social law.
(d) Martial law.
13. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
14. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
15. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Jaime's father.
(d) His own father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Romero say is against violence?
2. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
3. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
4. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
5. Who dies at the end of this section?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)