|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
2. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
(a) Martial law.
(b) Social law.
(c) National law.
(d) Civil law.
3. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
4. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
5. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) A leisure activity.
(b) A sport.
(c) An art form.
(d) A hobby.
6. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
(a) Sings folk songs.
(b) Plays Chopin.
(c) Polished her sword.
(d) Leaves the door open.
7. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her strong chin.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) A scar at her mouth.
(d) Her blacked out eye.
8. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
(a) His father bought his title.
(b) He was adopted.
(c) His mother married well.
(d) He was a war hero.
9. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
(a) She is late.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She is scared.
10. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A baby.
(b) A knife.
(c) A foil.
(d) A doll.
11. Who does Romero say is against violence?
(a) Tne Prostestant Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Buddhists.
12. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Retiro Gardens.
(b) Franklyn Gardens.
(c) Juniper Gardens.
(d) Laurel Gardens.
13. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He had a good teacher.
(b) He has practiced.
(c) He is a natural.
(d) He listens.
14. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
15. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men of honor.
(c) Men with foolish abandon.
(d) Men old enough to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
2. What is Marcelino's job?
3. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
4. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
5. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)