|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Retiro Gardens.
(b) Juniper Gardens.
(c) Franklyn Gardens.
(d) Laurel Gardens.
2. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(b) For him to teach her son.
(c) For him to teach her.
3. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
4. Who does Romero say is against violence?
(a) The Buddhists.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) Tne Prostestant Church.
5. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
(a) She pays well.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She has a sense of humor.
(d) She has talent.
6. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Kill Dona Adela.
(b) Stop teaching him.
(c) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
(d) Take possession of a file.
7. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
8. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) An artist.
(d) A lecturer.
9. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A broken engine.
(b) A leaking gas pipe.
(c) A dying man.
(d) Broken bellows.
10. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) A sport.
(b) An art form.
(c) A hobby.
(d) A leisure activity.
11. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
(b) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(c) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(d) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
12. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He stands up.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He pushes her away.
(d) He turns on a light.
13. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela cannot possibly know what he means?
(a) She is not clever enough.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She never interacts.
(d) She is too young.
14. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
15. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
2. Who dies at the end of this section?
3. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
4. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
5. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)