|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(b) The defensive leap.
(c) The wall block.
(d) The sixty fist lunge.
2. What has Don Jaime always dreamed of inventing?
(a) The perfect swipe.
(b) The perfect defense.
(c) The strongest sword.
(d) The perfect thrust.
3. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
4. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
5. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
6. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He isn't getting any younger.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He is still young.
(d) He has a lot to give.
7. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
8. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
9. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
(a) Social interaction.
10. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's angry.
(b) He's protective.
(c) He's jealous.
(d) He hates him.
11. Who does Romero say is against violence?
(a) Tne Prostestant Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Buddhists.
12. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He had a good teacher.
(b) He listens.
(c) He has practiced.
(d) He is a natural.
13. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He turns on a light.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He pushes her away.
14. Why does Don Jaime leave the cafe early?
(a) To go for a walk.
(b) To practise his fencing moves.
(c) To hide Don Luis's file.
(d) To talk to Don Luis.
15. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Luis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
2. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
3. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
4. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
5. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)