|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
2. What method does Don Jaime teach?
3. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) A leisure activity.
(b) A sport.
(c) An art form.
(d) A hobby.
4. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) A King from afar.
(c) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(d) A savior of the people.
5. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Greek style.
(b) The French style.
(c) The Italian style.
(d) The Spanish style.
6. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Dona Suzanna.
(c) Don Cretino.
(d) Don Luis.
7. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
8. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Love and hurt.
(b) Fun times.
(c) Memories and regrets.
(d) Another life.
9. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A radio monologue.
(c) A politcal speech.
(d) A photograph.
10. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A foil.
(b) A baby.
(c) A doll.
(d) A knife.
11. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
12. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) Don Luis is a cad.
(b) She has much to learn.
(c) She has sent too much money.
(d) He is in love with her.
13. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
(b) Stop teaching him.
(c) Take possession of a file.
(d) Kill Dona Adela.
14. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
15. In which city did Don Jaime have his second duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Romero say is against violence?
2. Who should a fencing bout be between?
3. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
4. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
5. What rank did Don Jaime reach in the army?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)