|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
2. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) She has much to learn.
(b) She has sent too much money.
(c) Don Luis is a cad.
(d) He is in love with her.
3. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The East.
(d) The Romans.
4. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(b) The wall block.
(c) The sixty fist lunge.
(d) The defensive leap.
5. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's protective.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He's angry.
(d) He's jealous.
6. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
(a) She is too beautiful.
(b) He would be laughed at.
(c) He has never taught a woman.
(d) She does not have enough money.
7. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Dona Suzanna.
(c) Don Cretino.
(d) Don Luis.
8. What rank did Don Jaime reach in the army?
9. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men with foolish abandon.
(b) Men of honor.
(c) Men old enough to understand.
10. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) A lecturer.
(c) An artist.
(d) An English teacher.
11. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(b) If one can defend against the thrust.
(c) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(d) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
12. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A leaking gas pipe.
(b) A broken engine.
(c) A dying man.
(d) Broken bellows.
13. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
14. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) It is hot.
(b) She hasn't eaten.
(c) She is dehydrated.
(d) She is in love.
15. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She wants to know if he has killed.
(b) She has a black sense of humor.
(c) She doesn't believe in God.
(d) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Romero currently not getting paid?
2. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
3. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
4. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
5. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)