|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
2. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they holding a baby.
(b) As if they had a bird in their hand.
(c) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(d) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
3. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) Her calls her weak.
(b) He doesn't fight well.
(c) He refuses to strike her.
(d) He disarms her.
4. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
5. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He stands up.
(b) He pushes her away.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He turns on a light.
6. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A radio monologue.
(d) A politcal speech.
7. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Sells books.
(b) Borrows money.
(c) Sells food.
8. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
9. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
10. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Campari.
(c) Don Iniesta.
(d) Don Jose.
11. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
12. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) A sport.
(b) An art form.
(c) A leisure activity.
(d) A hobby.
13. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(b) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(c) He thinks she used him for something.
(d) He thinks she is a murderer.
14. Who is Espartero always quoting?
15. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
(a) The East.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
2. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
3. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
4. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
5. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)