|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
2. Who is Espartero always quoting?
3. In which city did Don Jaime have his second duel?
4. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(a) Jaime's father.
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) His own father.
5. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She pays well.
(c) She has a sense of humor.
(d) She has talent.
6. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
(b) As if they holding a baby.
(c) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(d) As if they had a bird in their hand.
7. What method does Don Jaime teach?
8. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
(b) She has a black sense of humor.
(c) She wants to know if he has killed.
(d) She doesn't believe in God.
9. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's jealous.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He's protective.
(d) He's angry.
10. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
11. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She is in love.
(b) It is hot.
(c) She is dehydrated.
(d) She hasn't eaten.
12. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Stop teaching him.
(b) Kill Dona Adela.
(c) Take possession of a file.
(d) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
13. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is a sport and not a hobby.
(b) It is a philosophy and not an art.
(c) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(d) It is an art and not a sport.
14. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) A King from afar.
(c) A savior of the people.
(d) A rival to the Spanish throne.
15. Who does Romero say is against violence?
(a) Tne Prostestant Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Buddhists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
2. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
3. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
4. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
5. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)