|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
2. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(b) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(c) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
(d) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
3. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
4. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Don Cretino.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) Dona Suzanna.
(d) Dona Adela.
5. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(b) The French.
(d) The police.
6. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Spanish style.
(b) The French style.
(c) The Greek style.
(d) The Italian style.
7. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(a) Her father.
(c) She refuses to say.
8. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Sells books.
(b) Borrows money.
(d) Sells food.
9. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
10. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
(a) Take possession of a file.
(b) Kill Dona Adela.
(c) Teach him Jaime's thrust move.
(d) Stop teaching him.
11. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He doesn't understand politics.
(b) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He hates politics.
12. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) He is the only honest man he knows.
(b) His home is difficult to break into.
(c) He rarely talks to other people.
(d) Don Jaime can defend himself.
13. What has Don Jaime always dreamed of inventing?
(a) The perfect defense.
(b) The perfect swipe.
(c) The strongest sword.
(d) The perfect thrust.
14. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) She has much to learn.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) Don Luis is a cad.
(d) She has sent too much money.
15. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
(a) She has talent.
(b) She pays well.
(c) She has a sense of humor.
(d) She is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
2. Who does Romero say is against violence?
3. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
4. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
5. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)