|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(c) For him to teach her son.
(d) For him to teach her.
2. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
(b) The man was his rival in love.
(c) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(d) The man had criticized Montespan.
3. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's jealous.
(b) He's angry.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He's protective.
4. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He berates him.
5. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
(a) She has never been in love.
(b) She hates men.
(c) She is rich.
(d) She lives alone.
6. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
(a) Social law.
(b) National law.
(c) Martial law.
(d) Civil law.
7. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(b) It is a philosophy and not an art.
(c) It is an art and not a sport.
(d) It is a sport and not a hobby.
8. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) Her calls her weak.
(b) He refuses to strike her.
(c) He doesn't fight well.
(d) He disarms her.
9. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(b) He thinks she used him for something.
(c) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(d) He thinks she is a murderer.
10. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(a) She refuses to say.
(b) Her father.
11. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
12. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A politcal speech.
(d) A radio monologue.
13. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
14. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Luis.
15. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Quest.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The Ark.
(d) Mission Impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Romero currently not getting paid?
2. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
3. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
4. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
5. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)