|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He isn't getting any younger.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He has a lot to give.
(d) He is still young.
2. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(b) Her father.
(c) She refuses to say.
3. What was strange about the doll?
(a) It had no eyes.
(b) It had no legs.
(c) It had no hair.
(d) It could talk.
4. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) A lecturer.
(b) An artist.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) An English teacher.
5. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He listens.
(b) He has practiced.
(c) He had a good teacher.
(d) He is a natural.
6. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Sells books.
(b) Sells food.
(d) Borrows money.
7. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
(b) The man had criticized Montespan.
(c) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(d) The man was his rival in love.
8. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A foil.
(b) A baby.
(c) A knife.
(d) A doll.
9. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(a) His own father.
(b) Jaime's father.
(d) Don Jaime.
10. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(b) If one can defend against the thrust.
(c) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(d) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
11. What rank did Don Jaime reach in the army?
12. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
13. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) Don Luis is a cad.
(b) She has sent too much money.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) She has much to learn.
14. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
15. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
(a) Don Luis.
(b) Don Iniesta.
(c) Don Campari.
(d) Don Jose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
2. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
3. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
4. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
5. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)