|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
(a) A shin guard.
(b) A fencing mask.
(c) A box.
(d) A chest protector.
2. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is late.
3. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
(a) Leaves the door open.
(b) Plays Chopin.
(c) Polished her sword.
(d) Sings folk songs.
4. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
5. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
(a) Dona Suzanna.
(b) Don Luis.
(c) Don Cretino.
(d) Dona Adela.
6. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
7. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Jaime's father.
(d) His own father.
8. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
9. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A doll.
(b) A baby.
(c) A knife.
(d) A foil.
10. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A hero.
(d) A foreigner.
11. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) Broken bellows.
(b) A dying man.
(c) A broken engine.
(d) A leaking gas pipe.
12. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He has a lot to give.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He isn't getting any younger.
(d) He is still young.
13. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(a) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Luis.
14. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she used him for something.
(b) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
(c) He thinks she is a murderer.
(d) He thinks she is a sociopath.
15. Who dies at the end of this section?
(a) Dona Adela.
(c) Don Ayra.
(d) Don Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
2. How does Romero get by without a job?
3. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
4. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
5. What rank did Don Jaime reach in the army?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)