|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Don Jaime say he fell in love?
2. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) An art form.
(b) A sport.
(c) A leisure activity.
(d) A hobby.
3. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(a) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
4. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(b) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(c) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(d) If one can defend against the thrust.
5. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(a) Jaime's father.
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) His own father.
6. What method does Don Jaime teach?
7. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He stands up.
(c) He pushes her away.
(d) He turns on a light.
8. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) An artist.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A lecturer.
9. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) Don Luis is a cad.
(b) She has sent too much money.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) She has much to learn.
10. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
(a) He was adopted.
(b) His mother married well.
(c) His father bought his title.
(d) He was a war hero.
11. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
12. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Stealing from someone.
(b) Killing someone.
(c) Teaching someone.
(d) Loving someone.
13. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She hasn't eaten.
(b) It is hot.
(c) She is in love.
(d) She is dehydrated.
14. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
15. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
(a) National law.
(b) Social law.
(c) Martial law.
(d) Civil law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
2. Which of the following are one of the few things that Don Jaime can determine about Dona Adela's life?
3. What was strange about the doll?
4. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
5. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)