|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
(a) She does not have enough money.
(b) She is too beautiful.
(c) He has never taught a woman.
(d) He would be laughed at.
2. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hospital.
3. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) Mission Impossible.
(b) The Quest.
(c) The Ark.
(d) The Holy Grail.
4. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
5. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(b) The wall block.
(c) The sixty fist lunge.
(d) The defensive leap.
6. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(b) He hates politics.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He doesn't understand politics.
7. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He berates him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He laughs at him.
8. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her blacked out eye.
(b) A scar at her mouth.
(c) Her strong chin.
(d) Her broken nose.
9. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
(b) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(c) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
(d) He suggests Jaime is in love.
10. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(a) Dona Adela.
(b) Don Luis.
11. What has Don Jaime always dreamed of inventing?
(a) The strongest sword.
(b) The perfect thrust.
(c) The perfect defense.
(d) The perfect swipe.
12. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) He disarms her.
(b) He refuses to strike her.
(c) Her calls her weak.
(d) He doesn't fight well.
13. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(a) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
14. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
15. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Spanish style.
(b) The French style.
(c) The Italian style.
(d) The Greek style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
2. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
3. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
4. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
5. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)