|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela cannot possibly know what he means?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She never interacts.
(c) She is not clever enough.
(d) She is too young.
2. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's protective.
(b) He's angry.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He's jealous.
3. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She is late.
4. Why is Romero currently not getting paid?
(a) His students are away.
(b) He is on probation.
(c) He is teaching poor people.
(d) He is sick.
5. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) An artist.
(c) An English teacher.
(d) A lecturer.
6. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(a) Don Jaime.
(c) Jaime's father.
(d) His own father.
7. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
8. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
(a) That he should be afraid of her.
(b) That she was his equal.
(c) That she was not a helpless women.
(d) That she has potential.
9. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
(b) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Adela.
10. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A politcal speech.
(d) A radio monologue.
11. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
(a) He has never taught a woman.
(b) He would be laughed at.
(c) She does not have enough money.
(d) She is too beautiful.
12. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Fun times.
(b) Memories and regrets.
(c) Another life.
(d) Love and hurt.
13. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man was his rival in love.
(b) The man had criticized Montespan.
(c) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(d) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
14. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Laurel Gardens.
(b) Retiro Gardens.
(c) Franklyn Gardens.
(d) Juniper Gardens.
15. In which city does Don Jaime say he fell in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Jaime receive a note from at he beginning of this section?
2. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
3. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
4. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
5. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)