Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He has practiced.
(b) He is a natural.
(c) He had a good teacher.
(d) He listens.
2. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She is dehydrated.
(b) She hasn't eaten.
(c) It is hot.
(d) She is in love.
3. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He pushes her away.
(c) He turns on a light.
(d) He stands up.
4. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) He is the only honest man he knows.
(b) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(c) He rarely talks to other people.
(d) His home is difficult to break into.
5. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The sixty fist lunge.
(b) The defensive leap.
(c) The wall block.
(d) The two hundred escudo thrust.
6. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) A sport.
(b) An art form.
(c) A hobby.
(d) A leisure activity.
7. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
(a) The Rome Academy of Arms.
(b) The Paris Fencing School.
(c) The Rome Fencing School.
(d) The Paris Academy of Arms.
8. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Another life.
(b) Love and hurt.
(c) Fun times.
(d) Memories and regrets.
9. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) Mission Impossible.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The Quest.
(d) The Ark.
10. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
11. Why does Jaime think Romero should take action?
(a) He is good looking.
(b) He is still young.
(c) He isn't getting any younger.
(d) He has a lot to give.
12. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The police.
(d) The French.
13. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
14. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He berates him.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) He ignores him.
15. What does Luis is the only reason he is a nobleman?
(a) His mother married well.
(b) His father bought his title.
(c) He was a war hero.
(d) He was adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should a fencing bout be between?
2. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
3. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
4. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
5. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)