|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(b) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(c) If one can defend against the thrust.
(d) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
2. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men of honor.
(b) Men with foolish abandon.
(c) Men old enough to understand.
3. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her blacked out eye.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her strong chin.
(d) A scar at her mouth.
4. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
5. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
(a) He had a good teacher.
(b) He is a natural.
(c) He has practiced.
(d) He listens.
6. What is Marcelino's job?
(a) An artist.
(b) An English teacher.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A lecturer.
7. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Another life.
(b) Memories and regrets.
(c) Fun times.
(d) Love and hurt.
8. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) He rarely talks to other people.
(b) His home is difficult to break into.
(c) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(d) He is the only honest man he knows.
9. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
(a) She has talent.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She pays well.
(d) She has a sense of humor.
10. How does Romero get by without a job?
(a) Sells food.
(c) Borrows money.
(d) Sells books.
11. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) His own father.
(d) Jaime's father.
12. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(b) He hates politics.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He doesn't understand politics.
13. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's jealous.
(b) He's protective.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He's angry.
14. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A radio monologue.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A politcal speech.
(d) A newspaper article.
15. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The police.
(b) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
2. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
3. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
4. What does Don Luis want Don Jaime to do for him?
5. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)