|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
(a) She pays well.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She has a sense of humor.
(d) She has talent.
2. What does Don Luis invite Dona Adela to?
(a) A concert.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A boxing match.
(d) A fencing bout.
3. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
(a) Social interaction.
4. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
(a) The Greek style.
(b) The Spanish style.
(c) The French style.
(d) The Italian style.
5. In which city did Don Jaime have his second duel?
6. Who dies at the end of this section?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Ayra.
7. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The French.
(d) The police.
8. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
9. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
(a) A rival to the Spanish throne.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) A King from afar.
(d) A savior of the people.
10. Who does Adela say taught her to fence?
(b) She refuses to say.
(c) Her father.
11. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(b) Christmas mass.
(c) Holy communion.
12. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
(a) His home is difficult to break into.
(b) Don Jaime can defend himself.
(c) He is the only honest man he knows.
(d) He rarely talks to other people.
13. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A baby.
(b) A doll.
(c) A foil.
(d) A knife.
14. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(b) Men of honor.
(c) Men old enough to understand.
(d) Men with foolish abandon.
15. What was strange about the doll?
(a) It had no eyes.
(b) It had no legs.
(c) It had no hair.
(d) It could talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime say he balances his loneliness with?
2. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
3. Who does Romero say also shares Don Jaime's views about the Catholic Church?
4. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
5. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)