|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, pages 233-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Carceles and Don Jaime in from talking?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A scream.
(d) A knock at the door.
2. What is the time of day when Don Jaime leaves the police station?
(a) Late afternoon.
(d) Early afternoon.
3. Who does Don Jaime say he will kill?
(c) Adela's benefactor.
(d) Adela's family.
4. Why does Don Jaime decide to find Carceles before going to the police?
(a) He needs to make sure everything is ok with his friend.
(b) He needs to find Dona Adela first.
(c) He need to have a drink with his friends.
(d) He needs to go to the police with facts.
5. What does Don Jaime remove from his desk drawer?
(a) A sword.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A file.
(d) A revolver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
2. How does Don Jaime think he injured his second attacker?
3. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
4. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
5. Where does Don Jaime find Carceles?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)