|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, pages 233-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Don Jaime practice his fencing as Dona Adela lies beside him dead?
(a) In his garden.
(b) In the courtyard.
(c) In front of the mirror.
(d) In his kitchen
2. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had criticized Montespan.
(b) The man was his rival in love.
(c) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(d) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
3. What does Don Adela pick up to fight Don Jaime after failing to hurt him with the pin?
(a) An ax.
(b) A gun.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A sword.
4. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
(a) A box.
(b) A chest protector.
(c) A fencing mask.
(d) A shin guard.
5. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
(a) Stealing from someone.
(b) Loving someone.
(c) Killing someone.
(d) Teaching someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
2. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
3. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
4. What does Don Jaime do during the weekend?
5. What does Campillo recommend that Don Jaime does?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)