|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, pages 233-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carceles think is talking to him instead of Don Jaime?
(a) His torturers.
(b) Dona Adela.
(c) His father.
2. What does Don Jaime write in his letter back to Dona Adela?
(a) She has much to learn.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) Don Luis is a cad.
(d) She has sent too much money.
3. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
(a) A world war.
(b) A European war.
(c) A civil war.
(d) A nuclear war.
4. Which is the only area Don Jaime knows he can attack Dona Adela?
(a) THe side.
(b) The face.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The legs.
5. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(b) It is an art and not a sport.
(c) It is a philosophy and not an art.
(d) It is a sport and not a hobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
2. How does Don Jaime break into Carceles' residence?
3. What does Carceles say in his note?
4. What drink does Don Jaime give Dona Adela to calm her down?
5. What does Don Jaime drink after dinner?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)