|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI, pages 171-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is a philosophy and not an art.
(b) It is a sport and not a hobby.
(c) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(d) It is an art and not a sport.
2. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) His business is fencing.
(b) He hates politics.
(c) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(d) He doesn't understand politics.
3. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(b) Men of honor.
(c) Men old enough to understand.
(d) Men with foolish abandon.
4. What item of Adela's does Don Jaime identify for Campillo?
(a) An earring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A purse.
5. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
(a) A European war.
(b) A world war.
(c) A nuclear war.
(d) A civil war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
2. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
3. In which city does Don Jaime say he fell in love?
4. What does Don Jaime think Don Adela has no interest in?
5. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)