|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI, pages 171-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
(a) The Rome Fencing School.
(b) The Paris Fencing School.
(c) The Rome Academy of Arms.
(d) The Paris Academy of Arms.
2. What does Dom Jaime use to light his way through Carceles' house?
(a) A torch.
(b) A lighter.
(c) A candle.
(d) A match.
3. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She is in love.
(b) It is hot.
(c) She is dehydrated.
(d) She hasn't eaten.
4. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is a sport and not a hobby.
(b) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(c) It is an art and not a sport.
(d) It is a philosophy and not an art.
5. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(a) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
2. Why does Don Jaime think he is so good at fencing?
3. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
4. What method does Don Jaime teach?
5. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)