|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, pages 128-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strange about the doll?
(a) It could talk.
(b) It had no eyes.
(c) It had no legs.
(d) It had no hair.
2. Who are the Civil Guard fighting outside?
(a) The French.
(b) The police.
3. Who is Espartero always quoting?
4. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is an art and not a sport.
(b) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(c) It is a sport and not a hobby.
(d) It is a philosophy and not an art.
5. What is the time of year at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
2. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
3. Why does Don Jaime refuse to train Adela?
4. What does Carceles use to support his views?
5. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)