|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, pages 128-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
(a) It is for gentlemen and not for commoners.
(b) It is a sport and not a hobby.
(c) It is an art and not a sport.
(d) It is a philosophy and not an art.
2. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Fun times.
(b) Love and hurt.
(c) Memories and regrets.
(d) Another life.
3. What does Don Jaime see floating in the water in his dream?
(a) A knife.
(b) A baby.
(c) A foil.
(d) A doll.
4. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
(a) A chest protector.
(b) A box.
(c) A shin guard.
(d) A fencing mask.
5. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(b) For him to teach her.
(d) For him to teach her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
2. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
3. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
4. How does Romero get by without a job?
5. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)