|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, pages 128-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He turns on a light.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He pushes her away.
2. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
(a) She wants to know if he has killed.
(b) She has a black sense of humor.
(c) She is always gossiping about Don Luis.
(d) She doesn't believe in God.
3. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A politcal speech.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A radio monologue.
(d) A photograph.
4. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(b) The sixty fist lunge.
(c) The defensive leap.
(d) The wall block.
5. What are members of the Progresso discussion group worried about?
(a) A European war.
(b) A civil war.
(c) A world war.
(d) A nuclear war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Espartero always quoting?
2. Why does Don Luis say he chose Don Jaime to hide the file?
3. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
4. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
5. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)