|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, pages 128-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
(a) He thinks she is a murderer.
(b) He thinks she used him for something.
(c) He thinks she is a sociopath.
(d) He thinks she is going to marry Don Luis.
2. Which member of the discussion group says he hopes for a civil war?
3. How does Don Jaime react to Romero's declaration that he is love with a married woman?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He berates him.
(d) He ignores him.
4. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
(a) He pushes her away.
(b) He turns on a light.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He laughs at her.
5. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(b) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
(c) As if they holding a baby.
(d) As if they had a bird in their hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
2. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
3. Why does Don Jaime think Dona Adela cannot possibly know what he means?
4. Why does Don Jaime think modern views of fencing diminish its value?
5. Who should a fencing bout be between?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)