|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, pages 128-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
2. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's angry.
(b) He's jealous.
(c) He's protective.
(d) He hates him.
3. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(b) As if they had a bird in their hand.
(c) As if they holding a baby.
(d) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
4. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) It is hot.
(b) She is in love.
(c) She is dehydrated.
(d) She hasn't eaten.
5. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(b) The defensive leap.
(c) The sixty fist lunge.
(d) The wall block.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
2. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
3. Why is Don Jaime troubled by thoughts of Dona Adela?
4. Why does Don Jaime think that Dona Adela hurries away when she sees him?
5. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)