|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, pages 81-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carceles use to support his views?
(a) A radio monologue.
(b) A politcal speech.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A photograph.
2. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(b) For him to teach her.
(c) For him to teach her son.
(d) For him to fight her ex-lover.
3. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they holding a baby.
(b) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(c) As if they had a bird in their hand.
(d) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
4. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
5. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
(a) Leaves the door open.
(b) Sings folk songs.
(c) Polished her sword.
(d) Plays Chopin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
2. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
3. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
4. What does Don Jaime say he would never take pride in?
5. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)