|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, pages 81-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
(b) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(c) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
(d) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
2. What has Don Jaime always dreamed of inventing?
(a) The perfect thrust.
(b) The strongest sword.
(c) The perfect defense.
(d) The perfect swipe.
3. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(b) Holy communion.
(d) Christmas mass.
4. What does Don Luis say he feels like everywhere he goes?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A hero.
5. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
(a) As if they were throttling their enemy.
(b) As if they were trying to crush a stone.
(c) As if they holding a baby.
(d) As if they had a bird in their hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
2. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
3. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
4. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
5. Who should a fencing bout be between?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)