|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, pages 81-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(b) For him to teach her.
(d) For him to teach her son.
2. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(a) Christmas mass.
(d) Holy communion.
3. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(b) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
(c) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
(d) He suggests Jaime is in love.
4. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He doesn't understand politics.
(b) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(c) His business is fencing.
(d) He hates politics.
5. Who dies at the end of this section?
(b) Don Jaime.
(c) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Ayra.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did Don Jaime have his second duel?
2. Where city did Don Jaime settle in after leaving the army?
3. How does the author describe the journalist's smile?
4. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
5. Why does Don Jaime say he took Dona Adela on?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)