|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, pages 81-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela say she wanted to prove to Don Jaime?
(a) That she has potential.
(b) That he should be afraid of her.
(c) That she was not a helpless women.
(d) That she was his equal.
2. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Laurel Gardens.
(b) Juniper Gardens.
(c) Franklyn Gardens.
(d) Retiro Gardens.
3. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(b) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
4. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man was his rival in love.
(b) The man had criticized Montespan.
(c) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(d) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
5. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men of honor.
(c) Men old enough to understand.
(d) Men with foolish abandon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
2. What does Adela always do when she gets changed?
3. What does Carceles use to support his views?
4. What style has Dona Adela been taught in?
5. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)