|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Espartero always quoting?
2. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men with foolish abandon.
(b) Men old enough to understand.
(d) Men of honor.
3. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A leaking gas pipe.
(b) A broken engine.
(c) Broken bellows.
(d) A dying man.
4. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
(a) A leisure activity.
(b) A sport.
(c) An art form.
(d) A hobby.
5. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
(b) The man was his rival in love.
(c) The man had criticized Montespan.
(d) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
2. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
3. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
4. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
5. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)