|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(b) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(c) For him to teach her.
(d) For him to teach her son.
2. What is Dona Adela playing on her piano as Don Jaime leaves?
3. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A broken engine.
(b) A leaking gas pipe.
(c) Broken bellows.
(d) A dying man.
4. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) He disarms her.
(b) He refuses to strike her.
(c) He doesn't fight well.
(d) Her calls her weak.
5. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her strong chin.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her blacked out eye.
(d) A scar at her mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
2. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
3. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
4. What country did Don Jaime settle down in in 1850?
5. What does Dona Adela refuse to wear during the first bout?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)