|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, pages 98-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dona Adela de Otero want from Don Jaime?
(a) For him to teach her.
(c) For him to fight her ex-lover.
(d) For him to teach her son.
2. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(b) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
(c) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(d) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
3. What does Don Jaime agree to teach Don Adela?
(a) The defensive leap.
(b) The sixty fist lunge.
(c) The two hundred escudo thrust.
(d) The wall block.
4. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
(a) Dona Adela.
(d) Don Luis.
5. Why does Dona Adela think she feels faint?
(a) She is in love.
(b) She is dehydrated.
(c) It is hot.
(d) She hasn't eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Jaime change the mood when Don Adela gets too close?
2. What was the name of Don Jaime's old fencing master?
3. What makes Don Jaime think that Dona Adela has a cruel nature?
4. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
5. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)