|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, pages 98-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
2. How does Jaime anger Adela during the first bout?
(a) He doesn't fight well.
(b) He refuses to strike her.
(c) Her calls her weak.
(d) He disarms her.
3. What is masculine about Dona Adela de Otera's face?
(a) Her broken nose.
(b) A scar at her mouth.
(c) Her blacked out eye.
(d) Her strong chin.
4. How does Don Luis offend Don Jaime in this section?
(a) He suggests Jaime is in love.
(b) He suggests Jaime is teaching Adela because she is beautiful
(c) He suggests that Jaime is no longer the best teacher in Spain.
(d) He suggests Jaime is too old to teach.
5. What has Don Jaime always dreamed of inventing?
(a) The perfect thrust.
(b) The perfect swipe.
(c) The strongest sword.
(d) The perfect defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
2. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
3. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
4. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
5. How does Don Jaime tell his students they must hold the grip on their foil?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)