|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, pages 98-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Jaime think the artifacts in his fencing gallery are symbols of?
(a) Another life.
(b) Fun times.
(c) Memories and regrets.
(d) Love and hurt.
2. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A dying man.
(b) A broken engine.
(c) Broken bellows.
(d) A leaking gas pipe.
3. Why does Jaime refuse to take sides on the political arguments?
(a) He hates politics.
(b) He doesn't understand politics.
(c) He agrees with everyone and no one.
(d) His business is fencing.
4. Where does Don Luis think much of Don Jaime's personal philosophy comes from?
(b) The East.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Greeks.
5. Why does Adela think Don Jaime doesn't want her to meet Don Luis?
(a) He's angry.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He's protective.
(d) He's jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jaime hate to hear fencing be called?
2. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
3. Who does Don Luis call an extraordinary and admirable man?
4. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
5. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)