|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI, pages 156-171.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Don Jaime fight the second duel?
(a) The man had killed Don Jaime's friend.
(b) The man was his rival in love.
(c) The man had publicly criticized Don Jaime.
(d) The man had criticized Montespan.
2. What does Dona Adela ask about the thrust?
(a) If Don Jaime has taught anyone else the method.
(b) If Don Jaime used it to kill.
(c) If Don Jaime stole from his master.
(d) If one can defend against the thrust.
3. How did the person in the morgue die?
(c) Heart attack.
4. What law does Don Jaime realize has been declared when he sees the soldiers on his way to the cafe?
(a) Civil law.
(b) Martial law.
(c) National law.
(d) Social law.
5. What does Campillo offer Don Jaime?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A vodka.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A cigar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does a woman tell Don Jaime has landed in Spain?
2. What member of the nobility does Dona Adela say she is interested in?
3. Who does Don Jaime say is not a gentleman?
4. Where does Don Jaime go for breakfast?
5. What was the name of the school Don Jaime graduated from as a fencing master?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)