Preface and Chapter I
1. Who should a fencing bout be between?
(a) Men old enough to understand.
(b) Men of honor.
(d) Men with foolish abandon.
2. What is the name of the gardens the palace overlooks?
(a) Retiro Gardens.
(b) Franklyn Gardens.
(c) Juniper Gardens.
(d) Laurel Gardens.
3. What does the author say the marquis is wheezing like?
(a) A leaking gas pipe.
(b) A dying man.
(c) Broken bellows.
(d) A broken engine.
4. What religious act does Don Jaime compare fencing to?
(a) Christmas mass.
(c) Holy communion.
5. What does Don Jaime call his search for the perfect thrust?
(a) The Ark.
(b) Mission Impossible.
(c) The Quest.
(d) The Holy Grail.
6. What do Don Jaime and the Marquis always drink after their bout?
7. By what name does the Count call Don Jaime?
8. In which city does Don Prim currently reside?
9. What is the name of the cafe Maestro goes to?
This section contains 4,018 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)