|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie find out she could do to send Marcel to Paris in Section 13, Volume 2?
(a) Marry Vincent.
(b) Make an alliance with a white man.
(c) Move to New York.
(d) Kill Lisette.
2. What does Cecile tell Marie she has been envious of since Marie's birth?
(a) Her height.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her light skin.
(d) Her delicate features.
3. How does Richard react when he finds that Marie loves him?
4. Who helps Anna Bella feed Marcel after he is hurt in Section 14, Volume 3?
5. How old was Philippe when he first came to own his plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Marie become dizzy while visiting Lola Dedé's in Section 14, Volume 3?
2. Which of the following things do Marcel and Philippe not discuss with one another in Section 10, Volume 2?
3. Who buys Anna Bella a small house?
4. What does Philippe give to Marie as a gift in Section 8, Volume 1?
5. Who first agrees to let Richard marry Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcel learn about the Haitian revolution in Section 13, Volume 2?
2. How does Vincent react after Anna Bella has their baby?
3. How is the physical fight between Lisette and Cecile described?
4. What decision does Anna Bella come to regarding her love life at the end of Section 8, Volume 1?
5. How is the gift Philippe gives to Marie in Section 8, Volume 1 described?
6. How does Cecile react to Marie's rape?
7. What does Cecile tell Marie just after Philippe dies?
8. How does Rudolphe react when he is not allowed to vote?
9. What is the nature of Marcel's conversation with Lisette the morning of her mother's funeral?
10. What happens when Marcel visits Bontemps to see Philippe?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)