|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Marie become dizzy while visiting Lola Dedé's in Section 14, Volume 3?
(c) A potion.
2. What is the name of the plantation Philippe owns?
(a) Nuits de Charlotte.
(b) Ste. Marie Cottage.
(c) The Mercier House.
3. Who is dying in Section 10, Volume 2?
4. Which of the following things do Marcel and Philippe not discuss with one another in Section 10, Volume 2?
(a) Marie and Richard's marriage.
(b) Philippe's white family.
(c) Marcel's education.
(d) Vincent taking over the plantation.
5. What does Cecile tell Marie she has been envious of since Marie's birth?
(a) Her delicate features.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her light skin.
(d) Her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie find out she could do to send Marcel to Paris in Section 13, Volume 2?
2. What body part of Cecile's has to be removed after a fight in Section 11, Volume 2?
3. Who apologizes to Anna Bella and says he regrets his actions in Section 14, Volume 3?
4. Who takes Marie to a voodoo woman for a charm to prevent white men from noticing her?
5. Who begins drinking a great deal as well as gambling at the end of Section 12, Volume 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Marcel and Anna Bella's conversation at the end of Section 10, Volume 2?
2. What does Josette educate Marcel on regarding his heritage when he comes to stay with her?
3. What do Philippe and Marcel talk about when Philippe stays at their cottage in Section 10, Volume 2?
4. What happens when Rudolphe is arrested?
5. What does Aglae discover regarding her husband's finances in Section 9, Volume 2?
6. How did Philippe and Aglae come to be married?
7. How is the physical fight between Lisette and Cecile described?
8. What is the nature of Richard and Rudolphe's discussion regarding Marie in Section 10, Volume 2?
9. What happens when Aglae attends Philippe's wake?
10. What happens when Marcel offers himself to Christophe?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)