|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays at the cottage of the dying person in Section 10, Volume 2?
(d) Anna Bella.
2. Who does Marie run to after her mother tries to force her into an arrangement she does not wish to be in Section 13, Volume 2?
3. What does Marie find out she could do to send Marcel to Paris in Section 13, Volume 2?
(a) Make an alliance with a white man.
(b) Marry Vincent.
(c) Kill Lisette.
(d) Move to New York.
4. Why does Vincent not visit his new child with Anna Bella frequently?
(a) Because it is too white.
(b) Because he wanted a daughter.
(c) Because it is too black.
(d) Because he wanted a son.
5. Where is Marcel afraid he cannot travel to if he visits the person he is speaking with at the beginning of Section 8, Volume 1?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna Bella decide to raise her child in Section 14, Volume 3?
2. Who buys Anna Bella a small house?
3. Where does Rudolphe tell Marcel he must go on Philippe's behalf in Section 11, Volume 2?
4. Whom does Philippe go to visit in New Orleans in Section 9, Volume 2?
5. What does Anna Bella notice all of her visitors are only concerned with regarding her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Josette educate Marcel on regarding his heritage when he comes to stay with her?
2. What does Vincent do after finding out about Marie's rape?
3. What does Aglae discover regarding her husband's finances in Section 9, Volume 2?
4. What is the nature of Richard and Rudolphe's discussion regarding Marie in Section 10, Volume 2?
5. What happens when Rudolphe is arrested?
6. How does Rudolphe react when he is not allowed to vote?
7. How is Marie's coffee visit at the Lermontant house described?
8. How is the physical fight between Lisette and Cecile described?
9. How is Marie raped?
10. What does Marcel do when he is presented with a marriage proposal from a woman named Marguerite?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)