|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Marcel's friend that died?
(a) Jean Jacques.
(b) Dolly Rose.
2. Who is the author of "The Feast of All Saints"?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) Anne Rice.
(c) Jerry Wash.
(d) John Crowley.
3. What is the relationship between Richard and Rudolphe?
(b) Father and son.
4. What does Christophe buy Anna Bella as a thank-you gift in Section 7, Volume 1?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A book.
(d) A desk.
5. What is the name of the friend who runs after the person who is expelled at the beginning of the book?
(a) Jean Jacques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcel hope to move to when he is allowed to leave his family?
2. What does Marcel tell his mother he was out all night doing in Section 4, Volume 1?
3. Whom does Cecile tell Marcel she has sent for as his punishment in Section 4, Volume 1?
4. Why does Cecile ask Marcel to read her some letters in the beginning of the book?
5. How does Marcel react to the renovations of the classroom at Christophe's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marcel and Juliet come to sleep together for the first time?
2. What does Anna Bella ask of Richard regarding Marcel in Section 4, Volume 1?
3. What happens to the diaries Jean Jacques promises Marcel after he dies?
4. How is Marie's appearance described when she goes to the opera to be presented?
5. Why is Marcel not able to spend time with Anna Bella in Section 2, Volume 1 of the book?
6. What does Philippe ask Richard to do after a child's wake in Section 4, Volume 1?
7. What happens when the men learn Michael has contracted yellow fever?
8. How is Marcel and Christophe's first meeting described?
9. How is Christophe's relationship with Michael first described?
10. What happens when Christophe catches Marcel with his mother in Section 7, Volume 1?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)