|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts a moment between Richard and Marie in Section 5, Volume 1?
(c) Anna Bella.
(d) Dolly Rose.
2. Who destroys the items promised to Marcel by his friend after he dies?
(c) Dolly Rose.
3. Where does Marcel hope to move to when he is allowed to leave his family?
(d) New York.
4. What does Marcel try to teach himself to do that Jean Jacques did?
(a) To dress.
(b) To read.
(c) To give speeches.
5. What community does the book mostly follow?
(a) Men of color.
(b) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave does Marcel visit for the first time in the book?
2. Whom does Marcel find waiting for him in Section 7, Volume 1?
3. Whom does Marcel find Anna Bella talking to at the end of Section 5, Volume 1?
4. What is the name of the person who owns a home where a child's wake is held in Section 4, Volume 1?
5. Christophe tells Marcel that his guardian took something when he first arrived in Paris. What was it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Marie's appearance described when she goes to the opera to be presented?
2. How do Marcel and Juliet come to sleep together for the first time?
3. What happens when the men learn Michael has contracted yellow fever?
4. What does Jean Jacques teach Marcel regarding his people?
5. What does Christophe tell Marcel happened to him when he first arrived in Paris?
6. How is Marcel's visit to Jean Jacques grave described?
7. How is Marcel and Christophe's first meeting described?
8. What happens when Christophe catches Marcel with his mother in Section 7, Volume 1?
9. Why is Marcel not able to spend time with Anna Bella in Section 2, Volume 1 of the book?
10. How are Richard's feelings towards Marie first described?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)