|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christophe buy Anna Bella as a thank-you gift in Section 7, Volume 1?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A book.
(d) A desk.
2. Who addresses Captain Hamilton on Marcel's behalf in the book?
3. What is the name of a young boy that returns Christophe's key in Section 5, Volume 1?
4. How does Marcel feel about the way he meets Christophe for the first time?
5. Who is to be presented at a birthday party in Section 6, Volume 1?
(b) Dolly Rose.
(c) Anna Bella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is angered by Marcel's friendship with a man that died?
2. Who warns Marcel about his mother's anger at the beginning of Section 4, Volume 1?
3. What is the name of the father of the girl who dies in Section 4, Volume 1?
4. Who destroys the items promised to Marcel by his friend after he dies?
5. What does Christophe do to Marcel when he catches him with Juliet in Section 7, Volume 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the men learn Michael has contracted yellow fever?
2. How does Marcel react when Christophe tells him Michael is returning to Paris is Section 6, Volume 1?
3. What does Philippe ask Richard to do after a child's wake in Section 4, Volume 1?
4. How does Marcel react when he sees his father at the opera?
5. What does Jean Jacques teach Marcel regarding his people?
6. How does Marcel's mother react to news that he was expelled from school?
7. What happens when Christophe allows Bubbles to sit in his classroom for school?
8. Why is Marcel not able to spend time with Anna Bella in Section 2, Volume 1 of the book?
9. What happens when Christophe catches Marcel with his mother in Section 7, Volume 1?
10. What does Christophe tell Marcel happened to him when he first arrived in Paris?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)