|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippe tell Aglae at the end of Section 12, Volume 2?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he is leaving her.
(c) That he wants her to move.
(d) That he wants another child.
2. What is the relationship between Vincent and Aglae?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Mother and son.
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Brother and sister.
3. Whose house does Marie escape to after she is raped?
(d) Dolly Rose's.
4. Where does Marcel walk to in a rage in Section 11, Volume 2?
(b) Ste. Marie Cottage.
(c) The Boarding House.
(d) Anna Bella's house.
5. Who originally discards Marie's invitation for coffee in Section 11, Volume 2?
6. What is the name of a voodoo woman Anna Bella visits?
(a) Lola Dedé.
7. How does Marie feel when she first arrives at Lola Dedé's in Section 14, Volume 3?
8. Whose house does Marcel find an unknown comfort in Section 10, Volume 2?
(a) The Ste. Marie cottage.
(b) The Lermontant house
(c) Anna Bella's house.
(d) The Mercier house.
9. Why does Vincent not visit his new child with Anna Bella frequently?
(a) Because it is too black.
(b) Because he wanted a son.
(c) Because it is too white.
(d) Because he wanted a daughter.
10. Who warns Marcel against believing anything Philippe promises at the end of Section 10, Volume 2?
(a) Anna Bella.
11. Who demands that Marie give Richard up in Section 13, Volume 2?
12. Whose parents lock him/her in an attic in Section 14, Volume 3 of the book?
(d) Anna Bella's.
13. Who discovers that Philippe has mortgaged his property in Section 9, Volume 2?
14. Who is not in Marie's room when Marcel awakens at the beginning of Section 12, Volume 2?
15. Who stays at the cottage of the dying person in Section 10, Volume 2?
(c) Anna Bella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Cecile not share with Marie about herself in Section 13, Volume 2?
2. Who becomes angry that he is not allowed to vote in Section 9, Volume 2?
3. What does Cecile tell Marie she has been envious of since Marie's birth?
4. Who gets into a drunken fight with Cecile in Section 11, Volume 2?
5. Where does Richard call for Marie to meet him in Section 13, Volume 2?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)