|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of a voodoo woman Anna Bella visits?
(d) Lola Dedé.
2. Whom does Marcel find comfort in after being beaten in Section 12, Volume 2?
(a) Dolly Rose.
(c) Anna Bella.
3. What is the name of the girl whose father sends Marcel a marriage proposal in Section 13, Volume 2?
4. Who dies in Section 13, Volume 2?
5. Who discovers that Philippe has mortgaged his property in Section 9, Volume 2?
6. What countries does Josette educate Marcel on during his visit in Section 12, Volume 2?
(a) Haiti and Saint-Domingue.
(b) Haiti and Jamaica.
(c) Kenya and the Sudan.
(d) Barbados and Jamaica.
7. What is the name of the girl Philippe first marries?
8. Whom does Philippe coax Vincent to befriend after the death of his daughter?
(d) Anna Bella.
9. What does Marie find out she could do to send Marcel to Paris in Section 13, Volume 2?
(a) Make an alliance with a white man.
(b) Kill Lisette.
(c) Marry Vincent.
(d) Move to New York.
10. Where does Marcel travel to in Section 12, Volume 2?
(c) San Souci.
(d) New York.
11. How old does Philippe tell Lisette she must be before he will free her?
12. Where does Anna Bella decide to raise her child in Section 14, Volume 3?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
13. Who takes Marie to a voodoo woman for a charm to prevent white men from noticing her?
(a) Anna Bella.
14. Who becomes angry that he is not allowed to vote in Section 9, Volume 2?
15. What does Christophe give to Marcel before his trip in Section 12, Volume 2?
(a) A violin.
(b) A ring.
(c) A camera.
(d) A journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Marcel to an abandoned cottage to meet up with Anna Bella in Section 14, Volume 3?
2. What does Rudolphe deliver to Christophe in Section 10, Volume 2?
3. Who is dying in Section 10, Volume 2?
4. Whom does Philippe go to visit in New Orleans in Section 9, Volume 2?
5. Whose house is Marie invited to for coffee in Section 11, Volume 2?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)