|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Christophe take in in Section 7, Volume 1?
(a) Dolly Rose.
2. Whom does Marie have deep feelings for but does not believe she will be allowed to marry?
3. How does Juliet react when Marcel declines her attempt at seducing him in Section 5, Volume 1?
4. What health problem does Dolly have in Section 5, Volume 1?
(a) She gets cancer.
(b) She has a stroke.
(c) She loses a baby.
(d) She has a tumor.
5. Who is angered by Marcel's friendship with a man that died?
(b) Dolly Rose.
6. How old does Marcel have to be when he can leave his family and move?
7. Whose boarding house does the father of a girl that died stay in Section 4, Volume 1?
(b) Dolly Rose's.
(d) Anna Bella's.
8. What is the name of the father of the girl who dies in Section 4, Volume 1?
9. Where is the book from that Philippe presents Marcel with in Section 7, Volume 1?
10. Where do Marcel's aunts wish for Marie to be presented properly in Section 7, Volume 1?
(a) The court house.
(b) The opera.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
11. Who has a servant named Bubbles in the book?
(c) Dolly Rose.
12. What is the name of the woman that drove Marcel away from Anna Bella?
(a) Madame Elsie.
(c) Dolly Rose.
13. Why does Cecile ask Marcel to read her some letters in the beginning of the book?
(a) Because she cannot read.
(b) She is in love with Marcel.
(c) She wants company.
(d) She cannot decipher the handwriting.
14. Who is expelled from school near the beginning of the book?
15. Who is Juliet angry to find in her home at the beginning of Section 5, Volume 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcel's aunt tell him that his grandmother was at the end of Section 2, Volume 1?
2. What does Marcel try to teach himself to do that Jean Jacques did?
3. Who awakes Marcel at the beginning of Section 6, Volume 1?
4. What is the name of the woman that praised Marcel's friend greatly before he died?
5. Who addresses Captain Hamilton on Marcel's behalf in the book?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)