|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christophe's mother react to his return near the beginning of the book?
2. What does Christophe buy Anna Bella as a thank-you gift in Section 7, Volume 1?
(a) A book.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A desk.
3. Whose boarding house does the father of a girl that died stay in Section 4, Volume 1?
(b) Anna Bella's.
(d) Dolly Rose's.
4. Whom does Rudolphe suggest the boys ask for help nursing the sick person that contracts yellow fever?
(a) Dolly Rose.
(b) Anna Bella.
5. What is Marcel's mother angry about him questioning when he spends time with a man named Jean Jacques?
(c) The revolution.
6. Whose box does Marie only pay attention to in Section 7, Volume 1?
(a) The Dazincourts'.
(b) The Ferronaires'.
(c) The Merciers'.
(d) The Lermontants'.
7. What is the name of the man that traveled with Christophe through Paris?
8. Who is sitting next to the bed when Marcel awakens at the beginning of Section 2, Volume 1?
(d) Anna Bella.
9. What is the name of a young boy that returns Christophe's key in Section 5, Volume 1?
10. How does Juliet react when Marcel declines her attempt at seducing him in Section 5, Volume 1?
11. Whose grave does Marcel visit for the first time in the book?
(b) Jean Jacques'.
12. Who follows Marcel after he visits the grave of a friend for the first time in a book?
(c) Dolly Rose.
13. Who is expelled from school near the beginning of the book?
14. What is the name of the father of the girl who dies in Section 4, Volume 1?
15. What is the term used to describe the practice in which women of color would enter into an arrangement with a white man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Marcel's friend that died?
2. What is the name of the person who owns a home where a child's wake is held in Section 4, Volume 1?
3. What health problem does Dolly have in Section 5, Volume 1?
4. Whom does Richard first ask for permission to court Marie in the book?
5. Where do Marcel's aunts wish for Marie to be presented properly in Section 7, Volume 1?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)