|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13-Volume 2, Part 3, Section 5-Volume 3, Part 1, Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is the story set at the beginning of the book?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
2. Whom does Marcel find comfort in after being beaten in Section 12, Volume 2?
(a) Dolly Rose.
(c) Anna Bella.
3. Whom does Anna Bella hear speaking derogatorily about her looks in Section 5, Volume 1?
(b) Dolly Rose.
(c) Madame Elsie.
4. What community does the book mostly follow?
(a) White men.
(b) Men of color.
5. What countries does Josette educate Marcel on during his visit in Section 12, Volume 2?
(a) Barbados and Jamaica.
(b) Haiti and Jamaica.
(c) Haiti and Saint-Domingue.
(d) Kenya and the Sudan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to comfort Aglae in Section 13, Volume 2?
2. Who interrupts a moment between Richard and Marie in Section 5, Volume 1?
3. Whom does Richard first ask for permission to court Marie in the book?
4. Whom does Philippe go to visit in New Orleans in Section 9, Volume 2?
5. Christophe tells Marcel that his guardian took something when he first arrived in Paris. What was it?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)