|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
(a) By a tornado.
(b) By a fire.
(c) By a monsoon.
(d) By an earthquake.
2. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
3. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the parsonage.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In her own bed.
(d) In an insane asylum.
4. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(b) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(c) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(d) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT encourage Julia to embrace her magical heritage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
2. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
3. In what century was Julia born?
4. What is Marianne's social status?
5. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation do Richard and Julia have in regard to her engagement to James?
2. How does Julia meet Clary Dench?
3. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
4. How does Richard respond to Julia's engagement to James?
5. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
6. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
7. What do Julia and James witness when they visit the hovel where the slave children live, and what is their response?
8. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
9. What does Julia's final letter to James state?
10. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)