|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
(b) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(c) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(d) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
2. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
(a) It is swept away by a monsoon.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is swept up by a tornado.
(d) It is destroyed by a bomb.
3. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
(a) That she and Ralph are bank robbers.
(b) That she and Ralph are siblings.
(c) That she and Ralph are arch enemies.
(d) That she and Ralph are lovers.
4. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) An evil demon.
(b) A filthy rat.
(c) A spoiled child.
(d) A dangerous boy.
5. What animal attacks Richard in the barn?
(a) A flock of chickens.
(b) A flock of sheep.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) A herd of cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
2. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
3. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
4. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
5. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ralph Megson welcomed to Wideacre estate?
2. What impact does the sudden pregnancy have on Julia's life?
3. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
4. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
5. What is the revelation that Uncle John admits to Julia and Richard after the sickle race?
6. How does Richard react when he finds out that Julia is pregnant?
7. What conversation does Julia have with Mrs. Merry upon running into her at the village?
8. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
9. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
10. How does Julia feel about having meeting and having to visit with Dr. Phillips?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)