|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia decide to name her new horse, gifted from Ralph?
(a) Sea Mist.
(b) Magnolia Blossom.
(c) Ocean Wave.
(d) Green Leaf.
2. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His arms.
(d) His legs.
3. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Eating a piece of pie.
(b) Taking a riding lesson.
(c) Watching from the shadows.
(d) At the parsonage.
4. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
(a) By a tornado.
(b) By a monsoon.
(c) By an earthquake.
(d) By a fire.
5. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
2. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
3. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
4. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
5. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
2. What gift does Ralph bring for Julia, and what is the response to his gift?
3. How does Uncle John initially respond to being back at Wideacre estates?
4. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
5. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
6. How does Richard respond to the news that Julia is going to be sent away?
7. What does Julia see while swimming with Clary in the river?
8. How does Julia meet Clary Dench?
9. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
10. What is the reaction to Uncle John catching Julia gardening?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)