|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julia typically have her daydreams?
(a) While lying in her bed.
(b) While wandering through Wideacre estates.
(c) While taking very hot baths.
(d) While chewing on tobacco leaves.
2. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
(a) On her 18th birthday.
(b) On her 16th birthday.
(c) On her 10th birthday.
(d) On her 21st birthday.
3. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "dearest friend."
(b) As her "archenemy."
(c) As her "dunce relative."
(d) As her "small companion."
4. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
(b) Ralph is fired.
(c) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(d) No one listens to Richard's whining.
5. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
(a) That they are confused as to who she is.
(b) That they are greeting her as Celia's daughter.
(c) That they are greeting Beatrice.
(d) That they don't recognize her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
2. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
3. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
4. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
5. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
2. What is the reaction among Wideacre estates to Uncle John's payment plan?
3. How does James encourage Julia to embrace her heritage?
4. How does it come to pass that Richard strikes Julia with his riding crop?
5. How does Uncle John respond to the woman who arrives at his doorstep with a sick child in her arms?
6. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
7. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
8. How is Ralph Megson welcomed to Wideacre estate?
9. What is the reaction to Uncle John catching Julia gardening?
10. How does Richard respond to the news that Julia is going to be sent away?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)