|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) To pay the workers in kind words.
(c) To pay the workers in profit share.
(d) Not to pay the workers at all.
2. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An olive orchard.
(b) An apple orchard.
(c) An orange orchard.
(d) An almond orchard.
3. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
(a) With a handshake.
(b) With a hug.
(c) She never thanks him.
(d) With a kiss.
4. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The cello.
(c) The flute.
(d) The piano.
5. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the cemetary.
(d) To the doctor's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
3. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
4. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
5. Why is Dench fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction to Uncle John catching Julia gardening?
2. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
3. How does Julia's relationship with James change over the course of their meetings?
4. After the visit to the village, what interesting visions does Julia begin to have regarding Ralph Megson?
5. What dream does Julia have that prompts her to go and speak to the village people?
6. How do the villagers respond after hearing Julia's dream?
7. How does Uncle John initially respond to being back at Wideacre estates?
8. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
9. How does Uncle John respond to the woman who arrives at his doorstep with a sick child in her arms?
10. How does Aunt Beatrice die?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)