|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His arms.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His legs.
2. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(b) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(c) For being drunk on the job.
(d) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
3. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "dearest friend."
(b) As her "small companion."
(c) As her "dunce relative."
(d) As her "archenemy."
4. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(b) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(c) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(d) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
5. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(b) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
(c) That he has been stealing from her family.
(d) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
2. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
3. What is Marianne's social status?
4. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
5. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
2. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
3. How does Richard respond to the news that Julia is going to be sent away?
4. How does James encourage Julia to embrace her heritage?
5. How does it come to pass that Richard strikes Julia with his riding crop?
6. What does Julia see while swimming with Clary in the river?
7. How is Ralph Megson welcomed to Wideacre estate?
8. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
9. How does Uncle John respond to the woman who arrives at his doorstep with a sick child in her arms?
10. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)