|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is windy.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
2. What do the village children dare Julia to steal from the parson's garden?
3. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
4. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the new gardner.
(b) He is the new tutor.
(c) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
(d) He is the new stable manager.
5. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(a) The villagers.
(b) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
2. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
4. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
5. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction among Wideacre estates to Uncle John's payment plan?
2. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
3. How is Ralph Megson welcomed to Wideacre estate?
4. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
5. How do Uncle John and Celia react to Julia's visionary dreams?
6. What is the reaction to Uncle John catching Julia gardening?
7. What gift does Ralph bring for Julia, and what is the response to his gift?
8. How does Julia's relationship with James change over the course of their meetings?
9. What dream does Julia have that prompts her to go and speak to the village people?
10. How does Uncle John initially respond to being back at Wideacre estates?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)