Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) A large percentage.
(b) A small percentage.
(c) All of the crops.
(d) None of the crops.
2. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1600s.
(b) In the 1900s.
(c) In the 1700s.
(d) In the 1800s.
3. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
(a) Eating disorders.
(b) Speech disorders.
(c) Nervous disorders.
(d) Vision disorders.
4. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) An evil demon.
(b) A filthy rat.
(c) A dangerous boy.
(d) A spoiled child.
Short Answer Questions
1. As children, what did Julia and Robert promise to do?
2. What has Julia lost in the village, prompting her, Richard, and Ralph to go back searching for it?
3. How old was Julia when her father died?
4. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
5. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard is allowed to hold Ralph's goshawk?
2. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
3. What does Richard admit to Julia when he meets her in Midhurst?
4. How does Wideacre deal with the news that Ralph has escaped from prison?
5. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
6. How does Julia convince her family that it is time for her to return to Wideacre from Bath?
7. Why is Ralph arrested?
8. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
9. How do Uncle John and Celia react to Julia's visionary dreams?
10. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)