|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
2. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
(a) Ralph is fired.
(b) No one listens to Richard's whining.
(c) Ralph punches Richard in the stomach.
(d) Julia comes to Ralph's defense.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT encourage Julia to embrace her magical heritage?
4. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Taking a riding lesson.
(b) At the parsonage.
(c) Watching from the shadows.
(d) Eating a piece of pie.
5. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(b) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(c) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(d) She should bow to her husband's requests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
2. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
3. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
4. What is Uncle John's real profession?
5. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia meet Clary Dench?
2. What conversation do Richard and Julia have in regard to her engagement to James?
3. How does Julia feel about her conversations with Dr. Phillips and his medical practices?
4. What happens to Uncle John and Celia when they set out to have Julia's marriage annulled?
5. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
6. What happens to Matthew Merry after Clary dies?
7. When Ralph asks Julia to look into Richards soul, what does she see there?
8. How do the villagers respond after hearing Julia's dream?
9. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
10. What interesting thing does Julia witness at Clary's funeral?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)