|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "dunce relative."
(b) As her "small companion."
(c) As her "dearest friend."
(d) As her "archenemy."
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(b) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(c) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(d) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
3. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Julia Lacey.
(b) Richard McAdams.
(c) Uncle John.
(d) Celia Lacey.
4. What has Uncle John been away mining?
5. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
2. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
3. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
4. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
5. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
Short Essay Questions
1. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
2. What is the reaction to Uncle John catching Julia gardening?
3. How does Julia's relationship with James change over the course of their meetings?
4. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
5. What is the reaction among Wideacre estates to Uncle John's payment plan?
6. What happens to Richard's horse after Julia has been given permission to take riding lessons on him?
7. What dream does Julia have that prompts her to go and speak to the village people?
8. How does Julia feel about having meeting and having to visit with Dr. Phillips?
9. How does Uncle John plan to reinvent the way that the Wideacre employees are paid, and why?
10. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)