Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His legs.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His arms.
2. What is the estate that Julia was raised on called?
3. What has Uncle John been away mining?
4. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is skeptical.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is excited.
5. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
(a) He is enraged by her leaving.
(b) He is saddened by her leaving.
(c) He is confused by her leaving.
(d) He is excited by her leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
2. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
3. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
4. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
5. In what century was Julia born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Uncle John initially respond to being back at Wideacre estates?
2. How does Richard and Julia's wedding progress?
3. How does Julia meet Clary Dench?
4. What happens when Julia encounters Ralph while she is experiencing morning sickness?
5. What do Julia and James witness when they visit the hovel where the slave children live, and what is their response?
6. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
7. Who is Julie, and what information does she give Julia about James?
8. What does Julia see while swimming with Clary in the river?
9. What happens after Julia goads Richard into attacking her?
10. What happens during the sickle race on the last day of the harvest?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)