|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(b) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(c) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(d) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
2. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A lack of studious behavior.
(b) A slight stature.
(c) An unathletic physique.
(d) A spoiled attitude.
3. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In her own bed.
(b) In an insane asylum.
(c) In the parsonage.
(d) In the hospital.
4. What does the doctor that Julia is being sent to specialize in?
(a) Eating disorders.
(b) Speech disorders.
(c) Nervous disorders.
(d) Vision disorders.
5. What relation does Clary have to the accused Dench?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) They have no relation.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) She is his neice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
3. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
4. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
5. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Beatrice die?
2. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
3. How does Celia respond to starting a school for the village children.
4. After the visit to the village, what interesting visions does Julia begin to have regarding Ralph Megson?
5. What happens when Julia, RIchard, and Ralph go into the village in search of Julia's lost glove?
6. What dream does Julia have that prompts her to go and speak to the village people?
7. What gift does Ralph bring for Julia, and what is the response to his gift?
8. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
9. How does Uncle John respond to the woman who arrives at his doorstep with a sick child in her arms?
10. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)