|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
(a) He is excited by her leaving.
(b) He is enraged by her leaving.
(c) He is confused by her leaving.
(d) He is saddened by her leaving.
2. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(b) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(c) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(d) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
3. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Taking a riding lesson.
(b) At the parsonage.
(c) Eating a piece of pie.
(d) Watching from the shadows.
4. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She drown.
(c) She had an incurable disease.
(d) She died in a car accident.
5. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the parsonage.
(c) In an insane asylum.
(d) In her own bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
2. Who is Marianne Fortescue?
3. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
4. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
5. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Beatrice die?
2. What does Julia see while swimming with Clary in the river?
3. How does Julia's relationship with James change over the course of their meetings?
4. How does Julia meet Clary Dench?
5. How does Julia feel about having meeting and having to visit with Dr. Phillips?
6. How do Uncle John and Celia react to Julia's visionary dreams?
7. How does Uncle John initially respond to being back at Wideacre estates?
8. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
9. How does Uncle John plan to reinvent the way that the Wideacre employees are paid, and why?
10. How does James encourage Julia to embrace her heritage?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)