|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Julia that if she believes in her dream she must warn the villagers?
(b) Uncle John.
2. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is windy.
3. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the new gardner.
(b) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
(c) He is the new stable manager.
(d) He is the new tutor.
4. Which of the following adjectives does Uncle John and Celia use to describe both Julia and Beatrice?
5. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
2. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
3. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
4. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
5. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Celia respond to starting a school for the village children.
2. What recurring dream does Julia have as an adult?
3. Why is Dench fired from his position in the stable houses?
4. How does Celia respond to the constant comparison of Julia's looks to her sister Beatrice's?
5. What happens when the slavers come to Wideacre?
6. What is the reaction among Wideacre estates to Uncle John's payment plan?
7. How does Julia respond to being asked to orchestrate the planting of an apple orchard?
8. What gift does Ralph bring for Julia, and what is the response to his gift?
9. How do the villagers respond after hearing Julia's dream?
10. How does Aunt Beatrice die?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)