|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
(a) Because she was never in love with him.
(b) Because he is constantly drunk.
(c) Because he has been unfaithful to her.
(d) Because he has lost all his money gambling.
2. How does Uncle John refer to Julia's visions?
(a) As "secrets."
(b) As "abnormalities."
(c) As "delusions."
(d) As "gifts."
3. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) Not to pay the workers at all.
(b) To pay the workers in land.
(c) To pay the workers in kind words.
(d) To pay the workers in profit share.
4. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
5. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
(a) By a tornado.
(b) By a fire.
(c) By an earthquake.
(d) By a monsoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard treat the profit-sharing agreement Uncle John implemented?
2. Why is Dench fired?
3. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
4. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
5. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)