|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(b) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(c) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(d) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
2. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
3. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(b) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(c) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
4. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A spoiled child.
(b) A dangerous boy.
(c) A filthy rat.
(d) An evil demon.
5. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A lack of studious behavior.
(b) A spoiled attitude.
(c) A slight stature.
(d) An unathletic physique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
2. What does Julie do for a living?
3. What is Marianne's social status?
4. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
5. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)