|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(b) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(c) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(d) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
2. What does Julia learn about Ralph's future in prison?
(a) That he will be executed.
(b) That he has been set free by the judge.
(c) That he has escaped from prison.
(d) That he has been sentenced to life without parole.
3. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
(a) A fashionable ball.
(b) Choir practice.
(c) A social party.
(d) A tea party.
4. What does Mrs. Merry state about the villagers' views of Julia's marriage?
(a) That the villagers are thrilled for Julia's marriage.
(b) That the villagers think that Julia deserves better.
(c) That the villagers think that Richard deserves better.
(d) That the villagers hope Julia and Richard are miserable forever.
5. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph warn Julia against if she finds herself "with child"?
2. On the day of the reaping, what does a village child beg off of Julia's riding garments?
3. When Julia has a dream on the night after she is confronted by Ralph, what does she shout?
4. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
5. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)