|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia say that she and Richard should no longer live together?
(a) Because the villagers will shun them.
(b) Because they are grieving the loss of their parents.
(c) Because it was traditional for expectant mothers to live away from their husbands at this time.
(d) Because they know the truth about their relationship.
2. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
(a) It immediately tries to fly away from him.
(b) It sits calmly, waiting to be fed.
(c) It begins to bite at his hands.
(d) It nuzzles up to Richard's neck affectionately.
3. How does Julia respond when Richard tells her that he loves her?
(a) She says that she loves him as her best friend.
(b) She says that she loves him as a lover.
(c) She says that she loves him only as a cousin.
(d) She says that she loves him like a father.
4. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their letters.
(b) Their whispered conversations.
(c) Their money transfers.
(d) Their telephone calls.
5. As she leaves for Wideacre, how does Julia feel about her relationship with James?
(a) That the two didn't completely understand each other.
(b) That the two were a terrible match.
(c) That the two were lost in fairy tale hopes.
(d) That the two are a perfect match.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
2. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
3. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
4. After Julia is declared missing after the attack, who sends out a search party to find her?
5. Which symptom of pregnancy plagues Julia through the first months of her pregnancy?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)