|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of the reaping, what does a village child beg off of Julia's riding garments?
(a) A patch.
(b) A button.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A lace hem.
2. What part of the bird's body is broken when Richard is handling it?
(a) Its beak.
(b) Its legs.
(c) Its wings.
(d) Its tailfeathers.
3. How does Richard treat the profit-sharing agreement Uncle John implemented?
(a) He sticks frugally to the agreement, down to every letter.
(b) He gives the villagers less profit than the agreement demanded.
(c) He ignores the agreement completely.
(d) He gives the villagers more profit that the agreement demanded.
4. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
(a) As her "dunce relative."
(b) As her "archenemy."
(c) As her "dearest friend."
(d) As her "small companion."
5. How does James respond to Julia's prophetic dreams?
(a) He is terrified of them.
(b) He teases her about them.
(c) He takes them as fact.
(d) He is amused by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop does Richard begin selling to the commercial markets after his parents' funeral?
2. Why does Julia say that she and Richard should no longer live together?
3. Where is Clary's body found?
4. How does Julia find out that she is pregnant?
5. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)