|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia returns to Wideacre, what has Uncle John done to the dowry house?
(a) Transformed it into a livestock shed.
(b) Locked the doors with large chains.
(c) Burned it to the ground.
(d) Completely redecorated it.
2. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
(a) A spoiled attitude.
(b) An unathletic physique.
(c) A slight stature.
(d) A lack of studious behavior.
3. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
(a) Within the first week of returning.
(b) Within the first day of returning.
(c) She isn't visited by Beatrice at all.
(d) Immediately after stepping foot on the property.
4. At the end of the novel, what is Richard's greatest fear?
(a) That he will lose the property of Wideacre.
(b) That his child will be born unhealthy.
(c) That Julia will leave him.
(d) That he will be the victim of a revenge killing.
5. Why is Dench fired?
(a) For letting Julia ride the horse.
(b) For being drunk on the job.
(c) For stealing linens from the Acre.
(d) For breaking Celia's glass vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
2. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
3. After his parents' death, what is Richard's greatest concern?
4. What color is the horse that Ralph brings for Julia?
5. How does Julia feel after Richard states that he has a broken heart?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)