|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
2. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
(a) He is enraged by her leaving.
(b) He is confused by her leaving.
(c) He is saddened by her leaving.
(d) He is excited by her leaving.
3. What is the name of the town where Julia arranges to meet Richard to tell him her news?
4. To what city does Uncle John and Celia wish to send Julia to see a doctor?
5. In which country are there rebellions leading to beheadings, as mentioned in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
2. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
3. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
4. Who is Marianne Fortescue?
5. What is Marianne's social status?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)