|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's mother.
(b) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(c) Ralph's girlfriend.
(d) Ralph's sister.
2. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
3. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
(a) By negotiating with the shopkeeper.
(b) By making a scene in the shop.
(c) By threatening the shopkeeper's life.
(d) By paying it off.
4. After leaving the village and meeting Dench, what does Ralph admit to Julia?
(a) That he has been stealing from her family.
(b) That he slashed the legs of Richard's horse.
(c) That he and Beatrice were once lovers.
(d) That he helped set fire to Wildacre.
5. How does Ralph respond when Julia says that she will not announce the name of Clary's killer?
(a) He calls her a coward.
(b) He believes that Julia is the killer.
(c) He calls her brave for protecting the truth.
(d) He threatens to turn her in to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
2. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
3. How quickly is Julia revisited by Beatrice upon returning to Wideacre?
4. After the attack, what does Julia tell her family happened to her while she was out riding?
5. How does the bird respond to being held by Richard?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)