|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marianne's social status?
(a) Equal to Julia's.
(b) There is no mention of Marianne's social ranking.
(c) Higher than Julia's.
(d) Lower than Julia's.
2. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
(a) All Saints Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
3. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
(a) That he is a drunk.
(b) That he is a decent man.
(c) That he is a brilliant doctor.
(d) That he is a quack.
4. What is Ralph Megson's job?
(a) He is the overseer of the entire estate.
(b) He is the new stable manager.
(c) He is the new gardner.
(d) He is the new tutor.
5. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
(a) Uncle John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
2. Which activity to Richard and Julia partake in on Sunday afternoons?
3. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
4. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
5. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)