|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Uncle John been away mining?
2. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in kind words.
(b) To pay the workers in profit share.
(c) Not to pay the workers at all.
(d) To pay the workers in land.
3. Who comes to Julia's aid when arguing why she should return to Wideacre?
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's sister.
(b) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(c) Ralph's girlfriend.
(d) Ralph's mother.
5. Which of the following events does Julia NOT attend with Marianne?
(a) A fashionable ball.
(b) Choir practice.
(c) A social party.
(d) A tea party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body is Ralph Megson missing?
2. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
3. How does Ralph respond to the way that Richard handles the bird?
4. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
5. What is Ralph Megson's job?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)