|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a subject taught at the school for village children?
2. What does Julia do with the extra trees from her orchard?
(a) She plants them by the sea side.
(b) She plants them in the village.
(c) She plants them in her small, personal garden.
(d) She throws them away.
3. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) At the parsonage.
(b) Eating a piece of pie.
(c) Taking a riding lesson.
(d) Watching from the shadows.
4. In what century was Julia born?
(a) In the 1700s.
(b) In the 1600s.
(c) In the 1800s.
(d) In the 1900s.
5. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(b) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(c) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(d) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Julia play so that she can accompany Richard's singing?
2. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
3. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
4. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
5. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)