|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia dream that the village will be destroyed?
(a) By a monsoon.
(b) By a fire.
(c) By an earthquake.
(d) By a tornado.
2. How was Julia's Aunt Beatrice killed?
(a) She had an incurable disease.
(b) She drown.
(c) She died in a car accident.
(d) She was murdered.
3. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
(b) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(c) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
4. Which character in the novel is put in charge of starting a school for the village children?
5. Who does James suggest that Julia should elope with?
(a) Her gardner.
(b) Her butler.
(c) Her stable boy.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
2. What terrible incident happens to the house that Julia was raised in as a child?
3. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
4. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
5. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)