|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julia tempted to bring the horse out of the stable?
(a) Because the stable boy tricks her into riding the horse.
(b) Because she is jealous that only Richard may ride it.
(c) Because she was given permission by Richard to ride the horse.
(d) Because it isn't getting enough exercise.
2. When Julia overhears Uncle John speaking to the woman from town, how many babies does the woman say that she has buried?
3. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A motor car.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A horse and buggy.
4. What is the first thing that Julia notices about the village children when she sees them for the first time?
(a) That they are playing an exciting game.
(b) That they all seem to be overweight.
(c) That they have finer clothes than she does.
(d) That they are malnourished.
5. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
(a) That he is a drunk.
(b) That he is a quack.
(c) That he is a brilliant doctor.
(d) That he is a decent man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
2. What is the name of Richard's stable boy?
3. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
5. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)