|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
(a) That they don't recognize her face.
(b) That they are greeting Beatrice.
(c) That they are confused as to who she is.
(d) That they are greeting her as Celia's daughter.
3. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
(a) He is enraged by her leaving.
(b) He is confused by her leaving.
(c) He is excited by her leaving.
(d) He is saddened by her leaving.
4. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(b) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(c) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
(d) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
5. After discussing Richard's temper with Julia, what does Ralph call Richard?
(a) A filthy rat.
(b) A dangerous boy.
(c) An evil demon.
(d) A spoiled child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Fortescue think of Dr. Phillips?
2. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
3. After Julia is given permission to take riding lessons, what happens to the horse?
4. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
5. On what birthday does Julia begin to have dreams that she is Beatrice?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)