|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
(b) A new horse.
(c) A new gown.
(d) A feather pen.
2. What is Marianne's social status?
(a) Lower than Julia's.
(b) There is no mention of Marianne's social ranking.
(c) Equal to Julia's.
(d) Higher than Julia's.
3. After Julia continues to dream about her Aunt Beatrice, what conclusion does she reach?
(a) That she and Beatrice are as one.
(b) That Aunt Beatrice is haunting her.
(c) That Aunt Beatrice is her mother.
(d) That Aunt Beatrice is really alive.
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(b) Ralph's mother.
(c) Ralph's sister.
(d) Ralph's girlfriend.
5. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is windy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Julia's reoccurring dream, where are she and the baby headed?
2. What rationalization does Julia give for the way that old people in the village greet her?
3. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
4. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
5. How does Richard respond to Julia's news that she is being sent away.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)