|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
2. What is the weather like on the day that Julia is sent to plant the orchard?
(a) It is windy.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is raining.
3. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(b) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(c) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(d) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
4. What type of animal is Scheherazade?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
5. After planning the crops for the year, how much of the harvest will be sold at a fair price to the villagers?
(a) A small percentage.
(b) All of the crops.
(c) None of the crops.
(d) A large percentage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Celia and Julia rent from Mrs. Gibson?
2. How does Julia refer to her cousin Richard?
3. How does Julia thank James for his words of kindness to her?
4. What does Uncle John give to Julia for her birthday on the day that he returns from the mines?
5. In Julia's reoccurring dream, what is the weather like?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)