|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
(b) The villagers.
(c) Uncle John.
2. Who decides to hire Ralph Megson?
(a) Celia Lacey.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Richard McAdams.
(d) Julia Lacey.
3. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) Eating a piece of pie.
(b) At the parsonage.
(c) Taking a riding lesson.
(d) Watching from the shadows.
4. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in kind words.
(b) To pay the workers in land.
(c) To pay the workers in profit share.
(d) Not to pay the workers at all.
5. Which holiday brings out gypsy dancers in the village?
(c) All Saints Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers respond to Julia's warning about the church's destruction?
2. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
3. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
4. How old was Julia when her father died?
5. What is Ralph Megson famous for doing in the village?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)