|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(c) Matthew Merry.
2. When Julia is fighting with the village children, where is Richard?
(a) At the parsonage.
(b) Eating a piece of pie.
(c) Taking a riding lesson.
(d) Watching from the shadows.
3. What type of orchard is Julia in charge of building?
(a) An apple orchard.
(b) An almond orchard.
(c) An orange orchard.
(d) An olive orchard.
4. What impediment affects Matthew Merry?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
5. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in profit share.
(b) Not to pay the workers at all.
(c) To pay the workers in land.
(d) To pay the workers in kind words.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
2. How old was Julia when her father died?
3. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
4. After the dream comes true and Julia faints, where does she wake up?
5. In which of the following places has Julia NOT had an encounter with her Aunt Beatrice?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)