|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Julia when her father died?
2. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(b) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(c) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(d) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
3. How does Grandmamma Havering expect a wife to act to her husband?
(a) She should demand to be treated as an equal.
(b) She should bow to her husband's requests.
(c) She should treat her husband like a pig.
(d) She should live in fear of her huband's wrath.
4. How does Julia feel about having to visit Dr. Phillips?
(a) Julia is worried that the doctor will recommend surgery.
(b) Julia knows that the doctor is her last hope for sanity.
(c) Julia hopes that the doctor can cure her of her visions.
(d) Julia does not believe that a doctor is necessary.
5. What is Julia's relationship to James?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are betrothed.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are coworkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Richard demands that Ralph be fired?
2. Who does James suggest that Julia should elope with?
3. In what century was Julia born?
4. What does Julia begin to dream about Ralph after their visit to the town?
5. When Uncle John returns from the mines, what is he disappointed to see in Richard?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)