|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
(d) Matthew Merry.
2. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Inheriting Wideacre.
(c) Finding a husband.
(d) Starting a family.
3. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(b) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(c) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(d) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
4. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
5. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's mother.
(b) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(c) Ralph's sister.
(d) Ralph's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
2. How does Julia find out that she is pregnant?
3. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
4. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
5. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)