|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
(a) By paying it off.
(b) By making a scene in the shop.
(c) By negotiating with the shopkeeper.
(d) By threatening the shopkeeper's life.
2. What is Uncle John's plan to cut hourly wages from the Wideacre employees?
(a) To pay the workers in land.
(b) To pay the workers in profit share.
(c) Not to pay the workers at all.
(d) To pay the workers in kind words.
3. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(b) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(c) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(d) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
4. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
5. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Inheriting Wideacre.
(c) Finding a husband.
(d) Starting a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
2. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
3. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
4. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
5. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)