|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
2. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
(a) Because he has been unfaithful to her.
(b) Because she was never in love with him.
(c) Because he is constantly drunk.
(d) Because he has lost all his money gambling.
3. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is proud.
4. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their letters.
(b) Their whispered conversations.
(c) Their telephone calls.
(d) Their money transfers.
5. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
(a) Because she is bored with parties.
(b) Because she has fallen ill.
(c) Because she has a fight with the party hostess.
(d) Because she wants Julia and James to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
2. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
3. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
4. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
5. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)