|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(c) Uncle John.
2. What does James make the children promise not to use their money to purchase?
3. How does Julia explain her gardening techniques?
(a) She says that she learned the techniques from the previous gardener.
(b) She says that she read about the techniques in textbooks.
(c) She says that she has spent many hours practicing her techniques.
(d) She says that the techniques come to her naturally.
4. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
(a) At a livery.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At a mill.
(d) At a farm.
5. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
(a) Because he is constantly drunk.
(b) Because he has been unfaithful to her.
(c) Because she was never in love with him.
(d) Because he has lost all his money gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
2. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
3. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
4. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
5. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)