|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julia goes on vacation after finding out that she is pregnant, where does she go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Bath.
(c) To Essex.
(d) To Oxford.
2. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
3. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(b) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(c) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(d) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's girlfriend.
(b) Ralph's sister.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's cleaning woman.
5. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To never speak to him again.
(b) To travel to Spain with him.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To loan him money for school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
2. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
3. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
4. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
5. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)