|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To travel to Spain with him.
(b) To never speak to him again.
(c) To loan him money for school.
(d) To marry him.
2. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is anxious.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(b) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(c) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(d) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
4. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Thomas Dench.
(b) Jimmy Dart.
(c) Billy Brown.
(d) Michael Leroy.
5. On her way to visit the slave children in the hovel, what is Julia robbed of?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her parasol.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
2. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
3. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
4. What does a linkboy carry?
5. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)