|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Billy Brown.
(b) Thomas Dench.
(c) Jimmy Dart.
(d) Michael Leroy.
2. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
(a) Inheriting Wideacre.
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Starting a family.
3. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
4. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
(b) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(c) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(d) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
5. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
2. Where does Julia plan to raise her baby if she is to raise it as a single mother?
3. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
4. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
5. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)