|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
(b) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(c) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(d) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
3. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
4. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
(a) Because she has a fight with the party hostess.
(b) Because she wants Julia and James to be alone.
(c) Because she is bored with parties.
(d) Because she has fallen ill.
5. What does a linkboy carry?
(a) A chain.
(b) A gun.
(c) A basket.
(d) A torch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
2. What is wrong with the captain that performs Julia's wedding ceremony?
3. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
4. Why does Julia state that she has called off her engagement to James?
5. How is it rumored that Wideacre grows such a prosperous harvest?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)