|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
2. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their money transfers.
(b) Their letters.
(c) Their telephone calls.
(d) Their whispered conversations.
3. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
(b) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
4. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
(a) Because she has fallen ill.
(b) Because she has a fight with the party hostess.
(c) Because she is bored with parties.
(d) Because she wants Julia and James to be alone.
5. What does a linkboy carry?
(a) A torch.
(b) A basket.
(c) A chain.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
3. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
4. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
5. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)