|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches Julia gardening and comments on her talent?
(d) Uncle John.
2. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
(a) To go to the hospital.
(b) To get married.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) To go to a funeral.
3. What does Rosie Dench embroider?
4. What does Richard admit to intercepting between James and Julia?
(a) Their money transfers.
(b) Their telephone calls.
(c) Their letters.
(d) Their whispered conversations.
5. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(b) Ralph's girlfriend.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
2. Who convinces Ralph to abide by Uncle John's new plan?
3. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
4. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
5. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)