|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
(a) By making a scene in the shop.
(b) By paying it off.
(c) By threatening the shopkeeper's life.
(d) By negotiating with the shopkeeper.
2. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
3. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To travel to Spain with him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To loan him money for school.
(d) To never speak to him again.
4. Who encourages Julia to end her relationship with Dr. Phillips?
5. When Julia confronts Celia about her resemblance to Beatrice, how does Celia respond?
(a) That she doesn't remember what Beatrice looked like.
(b) That Julia looks much different that Beatrice.
(c) That Julia and Beatrice are like twins.
(d) That Beatrice was much more beautiful that Julia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
2. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
3. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
4. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
5. Who is the father of Julia's baby?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)