|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julia refer to as a "great lout"?
(a) Ralph's cleaning woman.
(b) Ralph's girlfriend.
(c) Ralph's sister.
(d) Ralph's mother.
2. As Julia explains it to Ralph, why doesn't she have a horse?
(a) Because she is too terrified to learn to ride a horse.
(b) Because her Uncle John cannot afford another horse.
(c) Because her Uncle John hasn't found a proper horse for her yet.
(d) Because she has an allergy to horse fur.
3. How many of the slave children that were taken from the Acre died?
4. What is the name of the linkboy that Julia and James meet leaving the party?
(a) Jimmy Dart.
(b) Michael Leroy.
(c) Thomas Dench.
(d) Billy Brown.
5. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
(a) At a mill.
(b) At a livery.
(c) At a farm.
(d) At a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard respond when he hears that Julia is pregnant?
2. What does a linkboy carry?
3. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
4. How does Julia get Rosie Dench's debt erased?
5. Why does Celia leave the party early, allowing James to escort Julia home?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)