|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle John think that it is necessary to change the way that the employees are paid?
(a) To ensure that the workers stay loyal to the Wideacre estate.
(b) To ensure that the workers stop stealing from the fields.
(c) To ensure that all the workers care about what is happening on the estate.
(d) To ensure that all the workers come into the fields on time.
2. After visiting the shopkeeper, what does James ask of Julia?
(a) To loan him money for school.
(b) To travel to Spain with him.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To never speak to him again.
3. How does Ralph respond to Uncle John's plan when Richard presents it to him?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is skeptical.
4. Why is Richard granted a brief leave from school?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To get married.
(c) To go to the hospital.
(d) To go to a funeral.
5. What animal does Ralph regularly poach from the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Julia is no longer a virgin, what does Richard say that she has no hope for?
2. Who in Julia's family is the first to hear of Julia's pregnancy?
3. Where were the slave children sent to work after being taken from the Acre?
4. Which of the following characters have plans to become the next owner of the Wideacre estate?
5. What does a linkboy carry?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)