|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his final letter to Von Houten that Hazel reads in Chapter 25, Augustus has written, “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in” what?
(a) “How you recover”
(b) “How you get hurt”
(c) “How you die”
(d) “Who hurts you”
2. For how long does Hazel’s mother say she’s been hiding the fact that she’s taking online classes from Hazel in Chapter 24?
(a) 4 months
(b) 2 years
(c) 6 months
(d) 1 year
3. What is Hazel’s middle name?
4. How does the minister introduce Hazel at Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22?
(a) "Augustus’s girlfriend”
(b) “Augustus’s sister”
(c) “Augustus’s special friend”
(d) “Augustus’s fiancée”
5. What word from Chapter 13 refers to the disintegration, collapse, or breakdown of norms of thought or behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cancer does Peter Von Houten say Augustus had in Chapter 23?
2. After Hazel calls 911 in Chapter 18, Augustus says, “Where is my chance to be somebody’s” what?
3. In the conclusion of Hazel’s speech in Chapter 20, she says to Augustus, “You gave me a forever within” what?
4. Hazel says in Chapter 21, “When you go into the ER, one of the first things they ask you to do is” what?
5. What is the name of the room that Hazel and her mother stay in at the hotel in Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony can be seen in the relationship between Isaac, Hazel, and Augustus in Chapter 14?
2. What do Hazel and Isaac discuss when Hazel visits him in Chapter 23?
3. What does Peter Van Houten say about his daughter in Chapter 23?
4. Why does Augustus’s father call Hazel in Chapter 24? How does Hazel respond?
5. How is the restaurant Oranjee described in Chapter 11? What do Hazel and Augustus have here?
6. What is ironic about the conflicts that arise between Hazel and her parents in Chapter 20?
7. What is ironic about Augustus’s revelation regarding his health in Chapter 13?
8. How are Augustus and Hazel greeted when they arrive at Peter Van Houten’s residence in Chapter 12?
9. What leads up to the argument between Hazel and her parents in Chapter 20?
10. What do Augustus, Isaac, and Hazel do after leaving Augustus’s house in Chapter 14?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)