|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hospital is Augustus taken to when he goes to the ER with chest pain in Chapter 15?
(a) Anderson Hospital
(b) Memorial Hospital
(c) St. Jude’s Hospital
(d) Children’s Hospital
2. What is the name of Amsterdam’s most famous park that is next to Hazel’s hotel in Chapter 11?
(a) The Beatrixpark
(b) The Vondelpark
(c) The Heidegger
(d) The Kierkegaard
3. What do Augustus and Hazel take with them when they visit the Funky Bones sculpture in Chapter 15?
(a) A picnic basket and fruit
(b) A guitar
(c) A bottle of champagne
(d) Augustus’s dog
4. Who does the waiter say paid the bill for Hazel and Augustus’s dinner at the fancy restaurant in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Lancaster
(b) Peter Van Houten
(c) Derek Wellington
(d) Lidewij Vliegenthart
5. Hazel describes going to Augustus’s house how long after their trip to Amsterdam in Chapter 17?
(a) 1 month
(b) 1 week
(c) 3 days
(d) 2 weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hazel’s mother say she’s going to visit while Hazel and Augustus go to meet Peter Van Houten in Chapter 12?
2. What is written on the sign that Hazel’s father holds at the airport in Chapter 14?
3. Where was Augustus when he died, according to the narrator in Chapter 21?
4. Hazel’s mother tells her in Chapter 24 that she is taking online classes in order to earn her Master’s Degree in what field?
5. Augustus interrupts Isaac in Chapter 20 to correct him on Augustus’s age. How old is Augustus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hazel encounter when she enters the support group meeting area in Chapter 20?
2. Who greets Hazel when she arrives at Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22? What is discussed?
3. Where do Hazel and Augustus go after leaving Oranjee in Chapter 11? What do they discuss?
4. Where do Hazel, Augustus, and Hazel’s mother go after arriving in Amsterdam in Chapter 11?
5. How does Peter Van Houten respond to Hazel’s questions about the characters in the book in Chapter 12?
6. How does Hazel express her grief in losing Augustus in Chapter 21?
7. What do Hazel and Isaac discuss when Hazel visits him in Chapter 23?
8. What do Augustus, Isaac, and Hazel do after leaving Augustus’s house in Chapter 14?
9. What leads up to the argument between Hazel and her parents in Chapter 20?
10. What is ironic about Augustus’s revelation regarding his health in Chapter 13?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)