|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Augustus and Hazel take with them when they visit the Funky Bones sculpture in Chapter 15?
(a) A guitar
(b) Augustus’s dog
(c) A picnic basket and fruit
(d) A bottle of champagne
2. Who does Hazel send an email to after hanging up the phone with Kaitlyn in Chapter 25?
(a) Dr. Jim
(b) Derek Wellington
(c) Augustus’s mother
(d) Lidewij Vliegenthart
3. What is Peter Van Houten described as wearing at Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22?
(a) A blue polyester suit
(b) A brown linen suit
(c) A black silk suit.
(d) A white linen suit
4. The Swedish rap CD that Peter Von Houten has playing in Hazel’s car in Chapter 23 is said to be by what artist?
5. Kaitlyn tells Hazel in the phone in Chapter 25, “The boys I’m acquainted with are vastly” what?
(b) "Taller than me"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the second section of the triangle from the top on “Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs” in Chapter 13?
2. The cab driver that takes Hazel and the others from the airport to their hotel in Chapter 11 compares the structure of Amsterdam to what?
3. What does Augustus ask Hazel to prepare and bring when she meets him in Chapter 20?
4. At Augustus’s funeral, he is dressed in the same suit that he wore previously where?
5. On what day of the week is Augustus’s funeral set to be in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hazel encounter when she goes to meet Augustus at the gas station in Chapter 18? How does Hazel deal with the situation?
2. Where do Hazel, Augustus, and Hazel’s mother go after arriving in Amsterdam in Chapter 11?
3. How does Hazel respond when her mother insists she eat dinner in Chapter 24?
4. What do Hazel and Isaac discuss when Hazel visits him in Chapter 23?
5. What do Augustus, Isaac, and Hazel do after leaving Augustus’s house in Chapter 14?
6. What does Hazel encounter when she goes to visit Augustus in Chapter 17? How does she respond?
7. Where is Augustus when he dies in Chapter 21? How does Hazel learn of his death?
8. Where do Hazel and Augustus go after leaving Oranjee in Chapter 11? What do they discuss?
9. What exchange takes place between Hazel and Peter Van Houten after Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22?
10. What is ironic about the conflicts that arise between Hazel and her parents in Chapter 20?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)