|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the waiter say paid the bill for Hazel and Augustus’s dinner at the fancy restaurant in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Lancaster
(b) Derek Wellington
(c) Peter Van Houten
(d) Lidewij Vliegenthart
2. What is the name of the cemetery where Augustus is buried?
(a) Rose Hill Cemetery
(b) Anderson Lakes Cemetery
(c) St. Augustine Cemetery
(d) Crown Hill Cemetery
3. Kaitlyn tells Hazel in the phone in Chapter 25, “The boys I’m acquainted with are vastly” what?
(a) "Taller than me"
4. Hazel wears a t-shirt with a screen print of a famous Surrealist artwork by whom in Chapter 12?
(a) Salvador Dali
(b) Jacques Baron
(c) Rene Magritte
(d) Paul Éluard
5. What is the name of the science teacher that Augustus recalls telling his class about the true nature of clouds in Chapter 14?
(a) Mr. Smith
(b) Mrs. Jackson
(c) Mr. Wellington
(d) Mr. Martinez
Short Answer Questions
1. Hazel says in Chapter 23, “I was thinking about way back in the very beginning in the Literal Heart of Jesus when Gus told us that he feared” what?
2. Speaking of Augustus’s parents at his funeral, Hazel says, “It’s hard to explain, but talking to them felt like” what?
3. How does the minister introduce Hazel at Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22?
4. What holiday does Hazel’s mother say it is in Chapter 25?
5. How many years’ worth of fan mail does Peter Van Houten say he has piled up in his home in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Augustus reveal to Hazel about the state of his health in Chapter 13?
2. How is Peter Van Houten’s appearance and demeanor described when he appears in Hazel’s car in Chapter 23?
3. What is ironic about Augustus’s revelation regarding his health in Chapter 13?
4. How is the restaurant Oranjee described in Chapter 11? What do Hazel and Augustus have here?
5. What do Augustus, Isaac, and Hazel do after leaving Augustus’s house in Chapter 14?
6. What does Hazel encounter when she enters the support group meeting area in Chapter 20?
7. Where do Hazel, Augustus, and Hazel’s mother go after arriving in Amsterdam in Chapter 11?
8. How does Peter Van Houten respond to Hazel’s questions about the characters in the book in Chapter 12?
9. What leads up to the argument between Hazel and her parents in Chapter 20?
10. How are Augustus and Hazel greeted when they arrive at Peter Van Houten’s residence in Chapter 12?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)